SOTD : Saturday 3 September - Friday 9 September 2022.

SOTD: 05/09/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Green, 1st use
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar
Bowl: Face Lather
Preshave: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Skin Food
Soap: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Cream
Aftershave: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Aftershave
Balm: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Skin Food
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Rat Pack
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

Travel shave on holiday with the Rockwell and Trumpers cream. Face lathered for a change. Excellent shave all round, smooth and trouble free.

Tech set #27 still with the Wizamet blade.

Monday's differences

I used one of the 3 Proraso boars, this is the 'middle one' and unlike the issues that my mates have with, or as the middle of 3, this one gives me no problems at all!

P&B Right Handed Giant, great takes on Brut. Then a bit of Brut splashed all over.

Good start to the week

Attachments

• IMG_20220905_085652__01.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 9
05/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Danum
Razor - Blackland Sabre L1
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
A/S - Signature Soap Danum

A very nice shave today, everything performing as it should.
Feeling good and smelling like a 70'S student party - in a good way.
Thank you everyone from this over 60 but not the hill for all your kind words and birthday wishes, a grand day was had by all.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Happy Belated Birthday Tony.
i was traveling home yesterday so just seen this today.
Hope you had a great day & a great week.
All the very best ot you

Happy Belated Birthday
Hope you had a cracker, all the best

5 September

Signature Soaps Eboracum
Blackland Signature
Above the Tie SE1 Calypso
Schick Proline
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

A very pleasant shave this morning (I know) with the SE1. I think that I’m getting to grips with the consequences of any pressure with this razor. Brilliant lather from the Eboracum, and I just love that peppermint!

Ps belated happy birthday @donnie_arko sorry completely missed that one mate

Monday 5th September

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Bowl & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
Wilkinson Sword Hydro Advanced & Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 Skin Protection Advanced Cartridge
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

My setup for the week ...

Putting a few things away in the loft over the weekend, I had a rootle about in the "probably no longer required" soaps box and happened upon a barely used L'Occitane Cade UFO bowl! Why I've not used this much before, I don't know ... I love tarry woody oils like cade. As a soap, it's lovely! I think it goes back to when I was a bit of an ingredients purist and put this somewhat commercial offering aside. I'm certainly going to enjoy a week of this soap.

Continuing to enjoy the Pitralon Classic aftershave, too, which is right up my street! So much so, I think I'll get one in for stock ... something I only do for absolutely favourites, like Puig Quorum (aftershave and EDT), Jovan Musk and two bottles of GFT Eucris still in reserve. I like it a lot!

Straight-up 10/10 shave, that ... despite the effluent gloop strip, which I know will take more then the life of the cartridge to fully die off. I plan a week with the gloop strip in place and the simply remove it for next week and beyond.

Last edited: