SOTD: Saturday 3 June - Friday 9 June 2023.

And a good day to you forum folk. I have been pathetic this past week, but so busy with getting the house in order for hopefully a sale and downsize move.

I guess there is one more to arrive later but for the moment I shall give this one the theme, 'You useless old git'. A three for the price of one SOTD.

Tuesday

20230607_195902.jpg

Old git razor - Ikon B1
Old git blade - Gillette 7-O'Clock green
Old git brush - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Old git soap - Floris Elite
Old git moisturiser - Collegen
Old git git - Me

Wednesday

20230607_200112.jpg

More old gits - Stainless Mongoose
More blades for old gits - Feather Super Professional
Brush that old git away - Hive-2
Soapy old git - Captain Fawcett's scarpicchio
Moistened old git - L'Occitane Cade balm

Thursday

20230608_155936.jpg

A nice razor you old git - Muhle R89
Blade - Gillette 7-O'Clock - You old git
Old brush for an old git - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Git soap you old one - Signature Soaps Londinium
Balmy old git - Poraso

'And boring as well'

But these aren't......

Tech June-kies ...

Friday 9th June

AJFCJaU7r9KhIm5Lw9d19Q3vG2jAsn7p1AIITx_gSdycRNkJ_cEAxupwQVOCVWSoHQpS-MMtX5VyNU10SN_kJcwc-7DHrLYnE23ekGB462ch0EywT5i6D0CvFM4uzmBVSDzyyhut3AZa0d_5bAwau2AJt8z79A=w1200

Gerard of Nottingham (Vintage) Shaving Soap & Ever-Ready 500BN Badger-Lon w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre 22mm
Gillette Tech British No.27 & Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (Laser Etched) (1)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

... same again (ish).

It just takes me to say, 'For my final shave for this past week of SOTD's I hand over the writing duties to my 8 year old granddaughter'

Dear Mr People

My Granddad (who is rubbish) has asked me to write something about his shave today and says I also have to give it a theme. I don't know what one of them is but I have called it 'poo poo'

20230609_201009.jpg

Poo poo razor - Tatara Nodachi :ROFLMAO: - That is a silly name.
Poo poo blade - Feather
Poo poo brush - Highlander LFC (I like Liverpool)
Poo poo soap - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime (Shouldn't it be Shower House?)
Poo poo cream - Collegen
Poo poo smell - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime

What is a Giphy?
'Bye bye granddad. You're shit'

Tonight my granddad shaved with a razor with a silly name and he said it bit Adam's apple which must be naughty. I don't know who Adam is but he must be a Prince. Granddad says it was a very good shave and he is happy. He looks rubbish with toilet paper stuck on his face. He is rubbish though.

I like the Liverpool brush because it is red and white. It is nice and soft. He dipped it in some soap in a bowl and he looked funny with a fluffy face and then he took it all off. He did smell nice, which is unusual because he usually smells of wee wee.

Nanny says he is just stupid when he shaves and she has to pee in the garden because he takes all the space up.

Granddad did tell me he felt nice and smooth. I am 8 and I am smooth. He is 62 and he is old and wrinkly, not smooth. Nanny laughed.

He is a good granddad though because he teaches me how to ride my bike and he is funny. He still smells of wee wee though.

Now I have to choose a song by someone called Puffyshoes. That is a stupid name and I think they would sound better if they were called Puffin Shoes. But he said they are good...

And he says he loves you all. Nanny doesn't

Last edited:
I started off with the little British armed forces razor I mentioned recently but I couldn't get on with it. The thin, short, slippery handle was swapped for a familiar favourite but then the feel of the teeth just felt... odd. I can't explain it. Much more noticeable than on other heads that look similar.
I'll come back to it at some point.
I swapped it for the Semi-slant and did a pass when the Chinese Fly Dear blade dropped off suddenly.
I swapped that for a new Rapira Swedish Super Steel and got a very good, close shave. Still a few weepers and I can really feel the blade. I'm getting the hang of it slowly.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Parker 55 Semi-Slant
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Grooming Department English Lavender
Aftershave: Wars Fresh https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/648390057561cd6e4045d418

SOTD 10-Jun
20230610_135730.jpg
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Wizamet

Early afternoon shave after taking the little one swimming. Simple software but brilliant, this stuff lathers as soon as you look at it. Cracking finish, now the race is on to get a braai done before the rains come...it's happening regardless but I like to set myself a challenge!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom