SOTD: Saturday 3 - Friday 9 December 2022.

The soap is very thirsty, and with enough water produces an amazing rich lather. I'm not great at describing scents, but I find this one sort of dark and very pleasant. The scent in the splash is definitely stronger, but still pleasant, and usually lasts for at least 2-3 hours.
That sounds right up my street, could be my next purchase.

Decemboar 3 2022

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Zenith Euro X (unbleached 24mm/58mm)
Soap - MWF
Razor - Personna Star head on a Yaqi Handle
Blade - Treet Classic (2)
Post - Witch Hazel/Alum
AS - Old Spice

A fairly good shave with Treet Classic, but once again I picked up a weeper. I seem to get one with every time I use one of these blades, almost irrespective of which razor I use the blade with. I think I might give these particular blades an extended go, and if I can't get to grips with them I may PIF my stocks to see if someone has better luck with them than I do!

IMG_20221203_113823.jpg

erATGPO.jpg

Gillette Tech English BE with PAA handle.

Saturday shave. Was done this morning but only just got time to post now.
As per my post in Brush of the Day, I have broken out the Omega Ovangkol boar for Decemboar and put my badger and synths away until the new year. To combat the "new boar" smell I just used the powerfully scented RR Tuscan Oud which was already out from yesterday. The little Omega was pretty much good to go from the box, not much breaking in needed imo, although I am sure it'll improve with use. Tips were pretty soft with a tiny bit of scritch. I do like the look of the handle. I only wish they'd not do the whole 'boar in badger's clothing' thing but I think the knot will be good. Use #9 for the Feather Pro and still good.
A pleasant shave and smooth results with no bumps caught today.
The yellow lather is a bit accentuated by the camera but it was a bit brown as Tuscan Oud is brown and this was a thick proto lather to be worked up on my face.
20221203_095009.jpg

20221203_130933.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Yaqi Aqua Blue 24mm Knot.
Soap Once Upon A Time.
Razor Charcoal Goods Stinger with lvl 3 plate.
Bowl Captains Choice Obsidian Copper Bowl.
Blade Astra.
Aftershave Once Upon A Time.
It was my first outing with the Stinger and have to say it is very well balanced and feels great in my hand.
I will be going through the plates every couple of shaves to find how they all perform and what one/ones I will be using most.
I started with a cold water rinse then an application of preshave to prep for the shave ahead, whilst it was doing it's stuff I whipped up a cracking lather from the Once upon a time because only a fairy tale soap would do for a legendary razor.
I did a 2 pass shave and left with a BBS feeling and no shadowing woohoo.
I decided to shave my head with it, something I don't usually do but what the heck the razor cost enough so lets see how it does on my head.
I had to make 2 passes instead of the usual 1 pass but rest assured that was down to my complete inexperience shaving my head this way.
In a nut shell, I am made up and extremely happy and I look and smell fabbuuuulllooouuussssssss.
Have a great evening Gents :D

Saturday AM 2022-12-03
The first text message was sent on this date in 1992, via Vodafone network
th34l62.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
Acqua di Parma Colonia soft shaving soap (original)
Paradigm Diamondback
Iridium Super (2)
Acqua di Parma Colonia aftershave

A classic colonia, and IMO the best ever. As others have said, if it was good enough for Cary Grant, it's good enough for me.
38P0gpr.jpg

Early Sunday morning

A couple of days without a shave, partly laziness, partly busy. Tomorrow I am off for a long run, so thought I would get it out of the way before going to bed.

A Wizamet iridium was loaded into my red tip Superspeed flare tip (bit of a mouthful that is). I thought, as it's supposed to be the most aggressive of the flare tip razors and I've got a bit of growth it'd do nicely.

I managed to get a near bloody perfect lather with the P&B Right Handed Giant using the C&H Locale.

Off to bed smelling bloody lovely. Luck might be in! Bet Mrs D is asleep, so maybe not!

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_20221204_002821__01.jpg
    IMG_20221204_002821__01.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom