SOTD: Saturday 3 February - Friday 9 February 2024.

Monday 5th February

ABLVV84TcuaW9cFt125x7doEk2X-rQgxZqGhsCtuUF4I4iCdmmI3mj6bt6ri3ewZhfNx_-qqwu2m39VlfyJAfdExK5TF-gNhh-fgw2cduQJr55NtiBcj38ywqaV_OKReeNfc-8HPbuXtu2Rj1lxe_sYPEIwjKw=w800

Fat February

LEA Classic Shaving Bowl & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Muhle Rocca (Polished) w/Souplex Bakelite Handle & Treet Durasharp (1)
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

Continuing Fat February with this lovely continental shaving soap that indeed contains the good stuff ... Lanolin!

Utterly delightful!

Not so long back, I replenished my stock of Treet blades with a purchase from https://nmbeautyonlineshop.co.uk/ of a pillar pack of Platinum and hangers of Classic & Durasharp. Upon arrival, I was a tad disappointed that the advertised Durasharp yellows arrived as a hanger of blues. I know we think there's a difference and some of us will swear blind that there's a difference ... and we can point to the yellows having 1234 on the blade edges while the blues have A or B on either side, and we think that means something ... and, and, and ... but from the off, this was delightful!

I will be using a yellow later in the week so yet another back to back comparison, but to be absolutely honest I don't think there's actually anything in it ... and any difference we're feeling is simply down to the age of the blade itself. For folks, like me, who have a modest but ultimately dwindling supply of the older yellows, well you could do yourself a favour and buy in a stash of current market blues to supplement.

Gosh! That setup really suits me.

... and just five days into the holy month of Fat February, my face is starting to feel fantastic! Perfect theme for our coldest month.

Last edited:
Razor = Razorine Flatboy
Blade = Voskhod ( 1 )
Brush = Richman Blood Oath 300 Ultra Lux
Soap = MWF
Splash = Boots Freshwood
Balm = Boots Freshwood
IMG_0702.jpegNo shave yesterday due to being pee’d off.
i always get that way when i know im away back to work. Decided to go with the Fat again and i’ll be taking it to Africa with me for sure.
It lathers up a dream with ease & i just love it.
The knot on this brush is possibly the best i have its superb although i do like the High Mountain Badger also.
It was a first for me with the Razor,
a spur of the moment ebay buy but i have to say im not keen,
i knew i wouldn’t be keen weird ah but i was intrigued.
I don’t dislike it but i just don’t know if i can be bothered with razors where i need to concentrate for every stroke.
Just seems pointless to me where a milder razor gets there in the end with less dramas.
A fantastic 3 pass shave nonetheless if i don’t think this razor will be getting much use

SOTD Mon 5 Feb 2024

Let’s try something different, shave
CCAB4B1A-1342-4187-96E2-BDD5EC06A829.jpeg
Prep - shower
No bowl!
Soap - Kent (MWF rebadge)
Brush - Yaqi 24mm tuxedo synthetic
Razor - Merkur 34c
Blade - Dorco Prime (1)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Sierran Breeze ASL
Balm - Nivea Replenishing ASB
Fragrance - Mastermind EDT

Ok, so I haven’t had much luck with this soap so far, and the time between building lather and shaving seemed to be crucial, so I had a shot at face lathering. Not tried it before as I have a goatee which makes it awkward, but it was quite successful. Lather was certainly slick and slippery enough for a decent shave, not as thick or creamy as I am used to with various creams but as it was lather straight on my face and was then promptly shaved off, it didn’t have time to dissipate! Feels ok after too, maybe a bit drier than usual, but ok.
Must mention these Dorco blades I’ve been using - not sure yet if I like them, certainly during my last shave (with a Tiitan) I had to check that I had actually put a blade in the razor, tonight’s use of a Prime was better, but…

Nothing to do with shaving -
Being old we decided some years ago that big meals were not good for us, so we have 3 small meals per day and usually supplement these with coffee and biscuits mid morning and maybe a scone or crumpet in the afternoon. The dog has noticed this over time and has obviously decided that when we eat, so does she. She normally has 2 meals per day, but has taken to looking expectantly at us (particularly me) whenever we have a snack. Anyone familiar with whisky will have probably have heard of the ‘Angel’s share’, well most of my meals seem to include a ‘Collie’s share’ - however it would appear that Collies have a lot bigger appetite than Angels!

AAE48940-CDED-4D22-8A7F-0F0AC5BC8A83.jpeg
Our very own ‘Angel’
All right, but don’t harp on!

Last edited:

SOTD: 6th February 2024.

g.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Vetiver & Black Pepper Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 49.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated Lab Blue. (D1)
Lather: Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.
Razor: FaTip Grande.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's / Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel/

Greetings,

(Face & Head shave)

Early morning shave,

Another very eclectic assortment of shaving diversity which all worked together excellently for a acceptable comfortable face & head shave.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

6 February

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Simpson Duke 3
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu

8611A030-5E5C-4BB0-9749-24499EDCCF2A.jpeg
The scent of the Pannacrema soap is still fantastic. Too good to cover with a different aftershave, so I used the tailings of the lather in the brush as an after shave treatment. I left it on as I cleaned my gear and then washed it off. An excellent result.

Back
Top Bottom