SOTD: Saturday 3 February - Friday 9 February 2024.

Sunday 4th February

ABLVV84IIyslRK1tbQs6emyxJ8szpGIqQiuFlQsVTVdhRw5aY5L_HmCibf9Pd1sk4CO2_Zg6NqIIT7uWqxGOZQ-tPOWVx25WzqsHolis_eiP9kf7A9b-lSanN56YPl-9NPxylw7s0YiSiIam_JslBCruSnbw4w=w800

Fat February

SuperMax Classic Shaving Cream & Razorock Bruce Plissoft Synthetic 24mm
Yaqi Tachi w/Souplex Bakelite Handle & Zorrik Super Platinum (3)
Akcay Tobacco Cologne

Continuing Fat February with this super shaving cream that indeed contains the good stuff ... Lanolin!

Contrary to the picture (taken for yesterday's shave and I'm lazy today), I switched the Leaf Twig for the Yaqi Tachi and popped it onto one of my favourite handles which is lightweight and provides a head-heavy balance to the razor. Not that my enthusiasm for the Leaf Twig is waning, but I fancy that it holds a pretty niche position in that if you wanted a super-safe shave that was every bit as good as a single or double blade disposable but with the benefit of using your blade of choice then it's probably that razor. It doesn't shave too close and so you can't chase that super-close finish - I suspect the Leaf Thorn achieves this with a wider blade gap or more exposure, but at the expense of that disposable razor feeling. With the Yaqi, I can make that first pass and then a second pass more cap-ridden, something I can't do with the Leaf.

Have a great week to come, guys!

04/02/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1
Soap - Signature Soap Britannia
Razor - ATT S1 Slant
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Barbour "2016" EDT
View attachment 116569
I will update the photo later. Early shave after my Sunday "chores". Quick shower and a steady shave then out.
After chasing bits of Soap around an emptying tub for a week, using the Signature soap is a joy, overloaded a little, saying that the Duke 2 held enough lovely lather for 4 passes.
Sitting in the Social club ready for the game.
Enjoy your day all.
Local derby, draw. Still on fringe of playoff spot.

SOTD 05-Feb
20240202_154608-01.jpeg
Prep: Maggards Lavender PreShave
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: B&M Lavender
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: Persona Comfort

Brilliant shave with the new setup for the week, again trying out the PreShave. And once again didn't notice any difference other than adding in on the scent. Either which way I don't care, this is a brilliant set for the week and I'm looking forward to it.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom