SOTD: Saturday 3 February - Friday 9 February 2024.

Nice to see another Goya aftershave user! I'm a fan of Cedarwood and (especially) Corvette.

Spoilers are blades I don't see often, either! I only have a few so use them sparingly.

Lastly the Fatboy is my go to razor. Everything - aesthetics, balance, handle length and width and gentle but efficient performance - works so well for me.
The Fatboy is near-mint (and cased) and my birth year razor, so I don't use it as often as I should. I reckon I'm down to my last 2 packs of Spoilers but have hundreds of vintage Wilkies by way of consolation. The Goya Cedarwood is sublime - love it!

Last edited:
SOTD Wed 7 Feb 2024

Thought I’d sussed it, but…
…shave
13BBC700-D1A6-464B-8655-1E78AAF9C97A.jpeg
Prep - shower
Soap - Kent (MWF rebadge)
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 22mm synthetic
Razor - Merkur 34c
Blade - Dorco Prime (2)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Sierran Breeze ASL
Balm - Nivea Replenishing ASB
Fragrance - Mastermind EDT

Face lathering does seem to mean that I can get a serviceable shave with ‘the fat’ but it would appear that the brush used also makes a difference. Last time a 24mm tuxedo was used and was ok, today I thought a 22mm synth might be even better, but no it was worse as it did not hold enough soap, so at the half way point I had to reload. Barely enough left at the end for face wash! But decent shave anyway, no issues and face left smooth and nice feeling and smelling!

Nothing to do with shaving -
So we went to a farm shop in deepest Durham today to stock up on pies, sausages, bacon, butter, cheese and other essentials, like dog food and trays of dog meat bits that we refer to as ‘pocket meat’ (Bob Mortimer - Google it!)
After loading bags onto back seat of car we let Woofles out of the boot to stretch her legs, and as it was not a bad day (cold but sunny) thought we’d have spot of lunch (there is a cafe but have to sit outside when with dog). Bacon butty, sausage butty, coffee and water having been consumed by the 3 of us, we were just finishing our coffee’s when from a nearby barn appeared 4 large chickens (they really are free range here) they are obviously normally in charge of the farmyard and were checking around the tables for scraps. All was fine as we gulped the last of our coffee and tried to steer a chicken free path back to the car - then she spotted them and a new persona took charge of out doggy! She wanted one of these interesting things for her very own, to love, cherish and eat! She became a solid, immovable, totally fixated statue. It took both of us a good 10 minutes to drag, lift, push and cajole this black and white thing back to the car. I then had to lift the 25 kilo lump into the boot as she was incapable of getting in herself. It must have made an amusing spectacle for the other customers!

E6F337BF-EA2A-4F1C-8B6C-18282A214F8D.jpeg
So how long do I have to do this belly rub?
How long have you got?
Well I’m old you know!
Just keep going!

Last edited:

SOTD: 8th February 2024.

h.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Vetiver & Black Pepper Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Monsavon Au Lait Shaving Soap.
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated Lab Blue. (D2)
Razor: FaTip Grande.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Classic ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

The Monsavon Au Lait along with MWF/Kent are some of my favourite shaving soaps. The post shave feel that both of these soaps give is absolutely superb, making each shave I have with them a very enjoyable shaving experience.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 08-Feb
1000023020-01.jpeg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: B&M Lavender
Razor: Vestige (+++)
Blade: GEM PTFE

Quick midweek change up, the +++ plate arrived from Atelier Durdan so had to give it a bash. I need to do a proper side by side but there definitely appears to be more blade feel. Difficult to say but perhaps a slight reduction in smoothness, but it's a fresh blade so too hard to be sure off the bat. Excellent efficiency, two passes with no buffing (which I did have to do with the ++ a little) for an exceptionally smooth finish.

I'll see whether it smooths out a little with a worn in blade, which it wouldn't surprise me if it did, but absolutely no complaints thus far.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

2024-02-08-08-05-13-355~2.jpg
been getting great shaves this week with this MWF sample, keeping everything else constant but the razor. I've been giving these lord platinum two shaves then done but will try risking a third with the next one. the weishi is just the right aggression for me and I got a fantastic, really close, comfortable shave this morning. feeling really great.

08/02/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass 22mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Wicstun
Razor - ATT S1 Slant (shimmed)
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Wicstun
Wk 06 (6).jpg
The shimmed ATT slant really works well for me.
Another crackin lather from the Signature soaps with another bright scent.
I have noticed the brass is starting to dull on this brush handle, i need to give it a polish.
Enjoy your day all.

7ar0Njn.png

goKjWRb.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club LE 2012 Mixed Badger/Boar
Soap: Barrister and Mann Terror
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Barrister and Mann Terror Aftershave Lotion

Back
Top Bottom