SOTD : Saturday 2nd June - Friday 8th June 2018

Soap: saponificio varesino 70th anniversary
Razor: Merkur progres
Blade: voskhod
Brush: omega 49
Aftershave: pinaud clubman

Great shave this morning. Progress works like charm with blades like voskhod. Soap on tryout from friend. Great stuff but needs time to make lather.
91e9df868c0e144012fa7aba18890ec4.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Pre: Cold water face wash,
Brush: Wee Scot BB
Soap: Cyril R. Salter (Tallow)
Razor: DeHaven Model 3
Blade: Schick Proline P
IMG_20180603_102416.jpg
A lovely relaxed Sunday shave and the Salter's soap brought out the absolute best from the DeHaven.
All rounded off beautifully by the Pitralon.
Enjoy!

Shave Of The Day 3/Jun/2018

• Featuring the ΑΛΦΑ T400 Rubberset 400 Tribute brush
  • De Vergulde Hand Hard Soap
  • John Glueck 6/8” Custom Made Kamisori

A bit of a shame today I could not to a SOTD Video. The light in the bathroom was just too bad. I am on business in a hotel in India, Navi Mumbai (look it up.) - So instead I made some photos!. The razor from John Glueck was, as ever, superb. Stropped 25/25 linen/leather. The soap is one of my favourites - De Vergulde Hand. This soap is less than $2 USD a pot and it is superb - get some if you can. They have been making it the same for hundreds of years so they must have gotten something right eh?

The brush is all mine.

Sun 3rd June

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Cyril Salter Solid Soap
Schick S/S Single-Japan ( 10 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

After today's Shave I am quite happy to say that the Type F is my favourite Injector , limited to use of one blade.Smooth comfortable yet close all round, even with an aging blade.I reckon I struck lucky when I got hold of this Classic Razor.

IMG_0111.jpg

Sun 3rd June

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Cyril Salter Solid Soap
Schick S/S Single-Japan ( 10 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

After today's Shave I am quite happy to say that the Type F is my favourite Injector , limited to use of one blade.Smooth comfortable yet close all round, even with an aging blade.I reckon I struck lucky when I got hold of this Classic Razor.

View attachment 36032
It wasn't just aluminium and copper /brass, you struck, you struck gold!!! :) P.

Proraso Green Soap
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Rockwell 6C plate 3
Voskhod (3)
Proraso Green ASL
Kouros EdT

I don't often shave two days running but I needed some cooling down this evening.
Proraso Menthol & Eucalyptus to the rescue.
I hadn't used the soap for around a year, as it's been stashed out of sight.
It certainly still performs very well. Lots voluminous lather with a cooling effect.
Finishing with a spray or two too many of YSL Kouros.
I am fully refreshed and much cooler for the experience.

Back
Top Bottom