SOTD : Saturday 2nd June - Friday 8th June 2018

In case anybody gets bored with their Karve or misses the Blackbird you traded....SimplexKarve... great combination.
fb35395e01095ed39eb4ef023d8710e0.jpg

Saturday 2nd June 2018
SOTD 2 June.jpg
Pre Shave: Hot Shower
Razor: Schick L1
Blade: Schick Japan (#3)
Brush: Simpsons Duke 2 Best Badger
Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel
AS: Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza balm
EDT: Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza

First use of another newly acquired Simpson brush, I liked my new Commodore X3 so much I decided to give this Duke 2 a go. Only the first use but face lathering was great.

Single Pass Evening Head Shave': Matador DeLuxe/Bic . The Matador is easy to describe to a T. It's a less intimidating version of the Barbasol Floating Head. Solid bar, a bit less weight and exposure but aggressive enough to distinguish itself. Very efficient. Impressed!
1e0b6fdeb2fc1f8cd124cba20c2d19e0.jpg

SOTD: 3rd June 2018.

2.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pecksniff's ~ Lemon,Cedar,Amber Cream.

Brush: Anbbas Boar.

Bowl Lather.

Cream :Arko Fresh .

Blade: Perma-Sharp . (2)

Razor: Manlystuff ~The Knight MN 202.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lemon Lime,+Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture/ Gillette ~ Sensitive Balm.

Arko ~ Cool Cologne .

Greetings,

Another relaxing early sunday morning 3 pass + pick ups dfs shave with no errors to report.

Another superb performance from the Perma-Sharp blade, feeling even smoother than my shave yesterday, i've found that a more efficient blade pairs together really well with a mid/non-aggressive razor.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Arko~ Comfort Cologne.

My face is feeling silky smooth, cool & irritation free.;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Saturday 2nd June (late shave)

RazoRock 400
Body Shop Maca Root Cream
Rockwell 6C plate 3
Voskiod (2)
Witch Hazel
Proraso Green ASL
Yardley 1770

I had quite a busy day yesterday, I was at the tattooist for over four hours, then grocery shopping in the afternoon. (Not my favourite way to spend a Saturday afternoon)!!

Anyway, after being sat on the sofa feeling sorry for myself for a few hours it was time for some pampering. I looked in the cabinet and saw the Maca Root Cream and realised I hadn't used it for what seems like months. I would usually bowl lather creams but decided to nestle a small amount inside the damp knot and set to face lathering. It worked a treat- plenty of lovely lather was created very quickly. The lather was such that I could honestly not feel the blade cutting down two days growth on the first pass. Second pass ATG was very much the same, very comfortable indeed. I recommend this cream to everyone, especially those new to DE / SE shaving. It never disappoints, and for the price performs perhaps better than other creams that costs many times more.
Finished with one of my favourite ASL's, Proraso Green. The resultant post shave face feel was the best I've had for a very long time.
A liberal spraying of Yardley 1770 and I was settled for the rest of my evening.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends everyone !

~ SOTD Sunday 3rd June 2018 ~

Pre - Nivea Men Deep Cleaning Face Wash
Razor - Edwin J Bulldog
Blade - Rapira Super Stainless Chrome
Brush - Omega 10810
Cream - La Toja Shaving Cream
Post - Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
Aftershave - La Toja Aftershave Lotion

tuxpi.com.1525537426.jpg
Have a Good Sunday Folks :)

image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Valbora Gylcerlanoina Soap, Shower
Razor ~ Ever-Ready 1912 Sun Ray
Blade ~ Gem Stainless
Soap ~ Klar Kabinett
Brush ~ YaQi Moka Express Badger
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving
Post ~ Thayers Rose petal
Scent ~ Xerjoff 1861 Renaissance EDP

Perfection on a Sunday morning, what better way to start the day :)

Enjoy your Sunday people. P.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Early Morning Shave:03/06/18
f51bebff6c481086159db4abf2b5d333.jpg

[emoji843]Merkur 34[emoji843]Wolfpac - Ice Pac[emoji843]Gllette Patinum[emoji843]ZY GreyHandle/APShave SilkSmoke knot[emoji843]Aqua Velva Ice Sport

Not as face freezing as other Mentholated soaps I've used, however, the menthol content in the Ice Pac soap from Wolfpac is just right! The face experienced a refreshing cold feel in between passes, I really enjoyed using the soap, slick and protective, skin felt conditioned and hydrated. Followed by a generous splash of the AV Ice Sport. A brilliant shave was had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sunday 3rd June

Carbolic Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Arko Ice Mint Shaving Cream
Yaqi 30mm Tuxedo Synthetic Brush
Turkish Copper Bowl
Yaqi OC Razor on a Slim Ikon Handle with a Permasharp Blade.
Alum Block and Rinse
Alcolado Glacial/Vifrex Gel mix.
Al-Rehab Silver EDP.

The Yaqi Single OC for me ..... is more efficient than the DOC.
Three passes and only the smallest of touchups for a fantastic BBS Sunday Shave. The Alcolada Glacial/Vifrex combination certainly left me wide awake and feeling good:)

Last edited:
765_E8_A25-69_B8-4_EC5-97_A9-434_CD9_B44_CA3.jpg

Rocca & Nacet
Maca Root
YaQi

Great shave with the ‘clean linen' type of scent from the Maca Root cream. Always cold-water shaving these days and it's paying dividends for me - no irritation, nicks or weepers in sight. Finishing unnecessarily with the Maca Root Razor Relief and I feel great!

Back
Top Bottom