SOTD : Saturday 2nd June - Friday 8th June 2018

That was the 1st razor I bought when I was I inducted into this shaving, wallet emptying malarkey. I think it's a rebranded Weishi 9306C. A very underestimated TTO.
wallet emptying malarkey..is the perfect description..It's a mild razor, but paired together with the Perma-Sharp super stainless it was pretty assertive, as you say a underestimated TTO razor..it's another wonderful addition to my growing DE razor collection. Regards.B

Last edited:
View attachment 35999 ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Valbora Gylcerlanoina soap, Shower
Razor ~ Cobra Classic
Blade ~ Schick Proline P-30
Soap ~ Cyril R Salter Solid Soap ( Tallow )
Brush ~ Jagger Custom Boar
Post ~ Taylor of Old Bond Street AF Aftershave
Scent ~ Penhalligon's - Varra EDP

My first use of this lovely brush today, it is a Jagger Custom made by @Steven_Jagger . The handle is turned Leadwood, a very heavy wood and the knot is a Proraso / Omega 27mm by 65mm, I had the knot set in the handle so the loft is now 53mm, I wanted a heavyweight handle so lead has also been added inside the handle bringing the total weight up to 150g. The colour of the wood has a wonderful, rich and warm tone and the grain is also wonderful but difficult to see in this photo.
In use it feels like my Omega 011829 only with more weight to the handle. Thank you Steven , you did exactly as I asked of you and you did it well.

The shave, it was fantastic ! :)

Enjoy your weekend people....P.

Glad you liked the brush I have added a photo here to help shown the grain
Screenshot_20180602-113900_Gallery.jpg

Pre: Cold water face wash,
Brush: Vulfix 404 Badger/Boar
Soap: Razorock Nervous Wreck
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Schick Proline P

IMG_20180602_114338.jpg
It's my first use of a Razorock soap and it's not bad stuff at all.
The scent is pleasant without being overpowering, the cushion and slickness are above average and the post shave is pretty good.
I've been away for a couple of days and took a Schick I1 fitted with a twin blade. A very good travel razor but it was great to shave with a weightier razor today.
Have a great weekend everyone.

SOTD - Saturday 02 June 2018

SOTD_20180602.jpg

dsquared2-wood.jpg

• Safety Razor: Karve Shaving - Christopher Bradley - 3,5" / A-plate
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts & Declaration Grooming - 24mm B5 - LavRonze (Select Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Vreto - Coco Vanila
  • Fragrance: DSquared2 - He Wood - EdT

Saturday

Valobra stick
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm
RazoRock Black Hawk V2
Feather Professional
Thayer's Cucumber and Aloe Vera
Speick after shave
Guerlain Vetiver EdT

A nice smooth shave from the Hawk. I find it not as assertive as, say, the Schick Injectors; given the relatively smaller blade gap. However I like the grip and manoeuvreability; especially the wide head. It tames a Feather Professional too!

Top notch performance from the Valobra too: another great, relatively inexpensive tallow number. Finished off with the Speick and a spritz of Guerlain Vetiver. Great stuff.

Hope the weather's ok where you all are.

Saturday 2nd June

Birch Tar soap and RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
OSP Barbershop Shaving Cream
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Yaqi 24mm Moka Express Mew Brown Synthetic Brush
Yaqi DOC Razor on a Brass Windrose Handle with a Permasharp Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Aloe Vera Gel
Epsilon Blue AS
Al-Rehab Silver EDP

3 passes and a touch up for a wonderfully smooth and close shave:)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Wilkinson Sword
Brush: Maseto 2-band Finest Badger 30mm
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements CaD

My first PAA soap. Love the scent. This is for me a scent that reminds me of my grandpa, of all other older gentlemen of my childhood. It's similiar to Oleo Irving Park, Fine American blend...
48b1a003ee708175b1c67a3451f64fc8.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom