SOTD: Saturday 29th September - Friday 5th October 2018.

FMSp5RSl.jpg

Proraso Green Pre
Vulfix 404 Grosvenor
Valobra Fougère
Merkur 37C
Feather
Thayers
GFT Skinfood​

Shaves of the Week.

Saturday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade: Permasharp
Brush: 'Jade' (Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade)
Soap: Chiseled Face Pine Tar
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Chatillon Lux: Santal Auster Post-Shave Salve
Fragrance: Amouage Opus IV

a thoroughly enjoyable shave, even though I clumsily nicked my top lip.. D'oh!

Tuesday.
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver
Brush: 'The Archduke' (Brad Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian)
Soap: London Oatcake 'Driftwood'
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / L'Occitane Cade After Shave Balm

a good solid, protective shave today, with a new soap from London Oatcake.. my only (constructive) criticism is that I found it to be a bit lacking in the residual slickness dept.. not a biggie really, considering how well the shave went, but an improvement would be a step in the right direction.. all in all, a really good shave..

Thursday.
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush: ‘Il Cinghiale' (Zenith EURO/RX)
Soap: Swedish Witch 'Rosemary Spice'
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Chatillon Lux: Bon Vivant Post Shave Toner

a rather underwhelming shave, that... time for a fresh blade, methinks..

SOTD : 30th September 2018.

13.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Lemon Flower Glycerin Soap.

Brush: Unbranded Chinese Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Palmolive Classic.

Blade: Bic ~ Chrome Platinum. (2)

Razor: Gillette Slimtwist.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lemon Lime,+Peppermint Oil & Menthol Crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gillette ~ Blue A/S.

Asda ~ Kind & Gentle Light Moisturiser.

Greetings,

A relaxing 3 pass + pick ups comfortable sunday shave with no errors to report.

The Gillette slimtwist is such a wonderful vintage razor, i've mentioned before everytime i shave with this vintage lady it amazes me that a 40+ years razor can give such a smooth enjoyable DFS.
clear.png
;)

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Asda ~ Kind & Gentle Light Moisturiser.

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
clear.png

Date: 30 September 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Proraso Professional 27/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Original
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #7
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer

Maseto 24 2b
RR Alchemy
Fatip Gentile
RR Alchemy Aftershave

I have been switching between the GameChanger .84, Rocca V3 and the Fatip Gentile lately. The Gentile is a terrific shaver that does not seem to get much love on the forums. That said, the learning curve to get the best out of it is longer than most razors I have used; it has a subtly and requires a nuanced technique in terms of maintaining angle and the correct pressure. It is far from a mild razor and for me gives a closer shave than the GameChanger .68 and .84 and I would say is a better razor for those that prefer muted blade feel. The GameChanger is very easy to get a quick, close shave from, easy to use and tune-in to. There is something missing though which is difficult to articulate, maybe it is the muted blade feel, but it feels cold and without character to me. Which brings men to the Rocca v3, after using the other two I found myself appreciating the Rocca more and more after almost dismissing the razor to the bottom of my cupboard. Muhle's experience does show and it is clearer to me what they were aiming for (medium-high aggression) with the head design. It is efficient but probably more blade dependant than I would have hoped for...time will tell if it remains in the rotation.

Pre: Sainsburys Tea Tree Cleansing Bar
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: NOS French Nacet (1)
Soap: Kent aka MWF
Brush: Razorock 400 Noir 24mm Synthetic

69f2645189945e01bab87db11740d56a.jpg

I have been suffering from heavy cold recently and due to both poor skin condition and general lethargy switched over to cartridge and cream set-up for a few days. Now getting better, although not quite 100%, so went for a mild but efficient razor with soap and post shave which offered a high level of skin conditioning i.e. adapting the shave to circumstances. End result was a very nice DFS from 2 passes.

Back
Top Bottom