SOTD : Saturday 29th May to Friday 4th June 2021.

Friday AM 2021-06-04
National Doughnut Day
DttcRQZ.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ivory Finest (24/53)
Eufros Boreal shaving soap (tallow) (sample)
LASSC BBS-1
Polsilver Super Iridium (5)
Woods of Windsor aftershave (vintage)

1Qs1XJQ.jpg

WoZO00b.jpg

#1 on this Minora Stainless which is a superb blade.

FWIW, a poster on another forum is claiming the Minora Stainless is the recently discod. Gillette Stainless (red, white & black box) "reborn" under a "new" name. How he purportedly discovered this is unvetted, so..........unconfirmed.

No pic as was in a rush... testing a sample of A&E vocanza romana in the kaizen base - great scent, great shave, great slickness and post!

So much so that it’s convinced me to buy my first tub of A&E - always wanted a coffee scent (the wife loves the smell) so looking at the A&E Turkish Coffee soap and splash. Anyone got a set that they’re willing to part with?

Anyway, back to the shave...!

Pre: hot shower
Soap: A&E vocanza romana sample
Brush: EJ badger
Lathered with my Giles Shaving bowl
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Wilkinson sword (3)
ASB: T&H classic unscented

Fri 4th June

Omega 11137 boar
Ach Brito Mogno
ES Claymore V1- Bulldog Handle
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 6 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

This Razor/Blade combo has been excellent when shaving my rather sun ravaged face. Though the problem has eased, I have enjoyed using this combo so much that I used it again today.
Hope you all have a good weekend

BED25C45-62DD-45B0-8DE1-732C1B18F5E0.jpeg

View attachment 71074

First use of my new H&S Z074 Ti razor (bought from @motto ) paired with a Feather DE blade,
was not far from the experience of a Feather AS-D2 razor.
But the shave was closer and with less effort. Interesting in how many hours, I will feel the stuble again.
Of course I will have to use the razor for more shaves and with different blades before getting a final conclusion.
But, it's looking promising.

Have a nice weekend gentlemen

Great to see the razor works for you @kamisori .Seems like a perfect match.

Prep: Shower with PAA cube

Pre: PAA cube

Soap: Wickhams Club Cola

Brush: Edwin Jagger badger brush

Razor: Restored Gillette Fatboy

Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock

Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.

Set the Fatboy to 7 and got my best shave from it ever. I’m guessing I’ve been setting it on too low a setting as I got the smoothest shave I’ve ever had from it on a higher setting! It was a great shave and the Club cola was fantastic! Onto my week with the pass round Model T tomorrow!

Attachments

• 684A1C97-C9AB-4D06-A758-01CD84C5C935.jpeg
    684A1C97-C9AB-4D06-A758-01CD84C5C935.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 2
tFRSOJr.jpg

SOTD Picture Title: The Bright and The Dark side of Tabac.
June 4, 2021 - MOIMO Day

• Prep: Hot Shower
  • Brush: Yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
  • Razor: Blackland Blackbird SB
  • Blade: Rainbow Super Stainless (1)
  • Lather: Tabac - Original - Soap
  • Post Shave: Tabac - Original Aftershave Lotion
  • Fragrance: Lynx - Daily Fragrance Urban Tobacco Tobacco & Amber

Self imposed challenge: Blackbird Month.

I know I know... I might end up getting downvoted for using Tabac. BUT! yes there is a but. I just love this scent. I thought it was due to my uncle from Germany wearing it around when he was visiting from Germany - but according to my father, it turned out that it's not the case - it was actually my grandad that had soap with similar scent - apparently not exactly the same, but close. Think I'm going to end up having a look around what offerings I can still get that were there during 90s. Will be interesting to explore the scents that I might have smelled when I was a kid.

Now onto the theme:
Original Review: https://sharpologist.com/tabac-original-shaving-soap/
Okay - I might get dissed here for disagreeing with the guru - mantic. I'd definitely rate this soap's Scent Pleasantness at strong 8, if not near 9. Yes I do appreciate that the scent is not for everyone, but it definitely is a nice scent (totally not provoking a war here lol). Lather Quality I'd also rate at 8.5 (does need a bit of hydrating - but I'd still say it's a good quality cushioning lather at that point). Tabac might not be my top favourite, but having tried stuff like MDC, Boellis panama, SV, various artisans (Signature Soaps, Declaration Grooming, B&M, ) and other soaps, I definitely rate it on a higher side, just below DG stuff. YMMV as always.

The shave itself: DFS in 2 passes. Opted out with just two passes simply to give my skin a bit of rest WTG and ATG sufficed for DFS shave. First time using the Rainbow blade - on the first go it feels like a nice honest stainless steel blade. Definitely not as smooth as some of the platinum blades, but definitely more than good enough for a decent shave. I'm interested to see how it'll behave on the second shave tomorrow.

Scent/ Feats of Fragrance: Well... we all know how Tabac smells (if you don't, then IMO you should give it a try). Personally my nose mainly picks up soapy notes and rose - that's about it. I do thoroughly enjoy that scent and it definitely would be in top 10 of soaps that I've tried so far. Aftershave is the same, although in a way it smells slightly crispier to me.

For the scent - Lynx got picked up again. I feel like this scent compliments a lot of different aromas. The sweetness and heavier side of things can work nicely toning down brighter aftershaves, as well as sweeten up a bit any of the darker scents. I also feel like the amber works really nicely together with rose.

Back
Top Bottom