SOTD: Saturday 29th June - Friday 5th July 2019.

IV5yw3a.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: AOS Sandalwood (tallow)
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Derby Extra (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Caron The Third Man

A good shave. The blade wasn't as sharp as I am used to, but no complaints about the comfort.

image.jpeg

Shave Of The Day. 4th July

Prep ~ MWF Soap
Razor ~ Gillette fat handled Tech
Blade ~ Wizamet Polsilver Stainless
Soap ~ MWF - The Fat
Brush ~ YaQi Moka 26mm Badger
Post ~ Bart's - Lavender aftershave lotion
Scent ~ CK One - CK.

A very good close shave with the mild but effective Gillette Tech and my blade of choice, the MWF shave soap for those who may not know is a fantastic soap that doesn't cost the earth and leaves your skin feeling wonderful. If you haven't already go ahead and buy some! :) P.

Have a fab day folks.........P.

Thursday 4th of July

Soap - Lea Cream
Brush - Omega 80265
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette Nacet (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Brut Oceans

Even though I bought a card of Nacet blades it's been an incredibly long time since I used one, possibly as I have so many other blades I was distracted by the choice. The Nacet in the FHT was a truly wonderful combination, incredibly smooth and it felt there was no blade in the razor at times. The results were exceptional, not only does my face feel very good but there seemed to be very little for burn when I put on the splash.

View attachment 45308

Shave Of The Day. 4th July

Prep ~ MWF Soap
Razor ~ Gillette fat handled Tech
Blade ~ Wizamet Polsilver Stainless
Soap ~ MWF - The Fat
Brush ~ YaQi Moka 26mm Badger
Post ~ Bart's - Lavender aftershave lotion
Scent ~ CK One - CK.

A very good close shave with the mild but effective Gillette Tech and my blade of choice, the MWF shave soap for those who may not know is a fantastic soap that doesn't cost the earth and leaves your skin feeling wonderful. If you haven't already go ahead and buy some! :) P.

Have a fab day folks.........P.
Yes, indeed.

Thursday

Tabac Original
RazoRock BC Silvertip 24mm synth
Face lather
Gillette Fat Handle Tech (England, 1948)
Gillette Nacet
Alum
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Tabac Original after shave

Reading the posts today reminded me of the fact I have a shedload of Nacets still to be used and this one paired very well with the Tech. 3 passes, a little buffing under the chin and all's well from a smoothness and smellness perspective.

3FE8BCAC-0634-46E1-B683-A20EEF8ADBF1.jpeg

04/07/19
Pre shave prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Yaqi Familia Sagrada
Soap: Stirling Sandalwood
Razor: Mongoose SS-B3
Blade: Kai Captain (9)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: Barts Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
A/S: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

Mon Sand YFS.jpg

I rushed my lather today and it seemed a bit loose to start with, I know the Stirling works well so i pushed the soap a bit more in the bowl on my second pass and it came good.
An easy & comfortable 2 pass shave WTG & XTG/ATG mix then a Seek and Destroy mission for a BBS result. The Kai Captain still feels good so Far.
No issues to report and nothing from the block. The Barts Balm Post shave and Floïd MV finishing the shave off nicely.
Have a great day All.

Back
Top Bottom