SOTD: Saturday 29th June - Friday 5th July 2019.

Williams Wednesday - 2nd July

The Grosvenor ( 404 )-mixed
Williams Mug soap
Schick N3 - Golden 500
Schick Twin - Japan ( 8 )
Williams Aqua Velva A/S lotion

This was the Shave that I should have had yesterday, smooth and comfortable with a nice close finish. Yesterday regrettably the blade was past its best,so the Shave was poor.

IMG_0557.jpg

So back to the OCs we go and this particular one is a Gillette New LC replated by Chris Spencer at Back Roads Gold. Lovely razor and whether you grab a SC or LC everyone should have one in their OC collection. Wilkinson Sword (German) was the blade of choice and always does a great job regardless of razor it gets thrown into.

Soap of the day was RazoRock Black Bay whose praises I have sung before and no change today. Love the scent of this green beauty. Chubby 1 had no issues today as usual and a mighty face lather was enjoyed all around.

Lovely two pass shave with a little buffing and a super close almost BBS shave achieved. Topped it off with some Bvlgari Man and perfection achieved. Lovely sunny day and much to be done but made that much better with this shave. Take care all and safe travels!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette New LC - Gold 1930s
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Stainless (Germany)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Lather: RazoRock Black Bay
Aftershave: RazoRock Black Bay
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Bvlgari Man
A7084A6F-D0EF-45B8-AB14-E165172CFF44.jpeg

Wednesday AM 2019-07-03

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 2/1 Ivory Finest (22/56)
Brooks Brothers shaving soap (vintage)
Gillette New LC/UFO U2
Gillette 'Swede' (19)
Azzaro aftershave

I was a bit leery of the old Gillette razor head initially, because I have not had great luck generally with open combs, but I have gotten used to it now and it gives me excellent shaves, especially with the 'Swede' blade and a wonderful lather like that of the Brooks Brothers. I used the last of the Azzaro, and it won't be replaced.
8kQiCOU.jpg

Phoenix and Beau Denali
Yaqi Red Marble 24mm Tuxedo synth
Face lather
Ever Ready 1912 (Made in England)
Gem SS PTFE
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Proraso M&E after shave

My first use of the new incarnation of P&B Denali. A lovely face freezer, with the characteristic quality, performance, cushion and glide we've come to expect from Kerry's soaps.

I thought the soap deserved one of my best SEs: the English 1912. Did the job beautifully.

2397AB97-9BEF-4C30-BDEF-073123D78C70.jpeg

On My travels so late shave and no photo of my shave today. So sharing one of where I have been :)

ireland view.jpg

Preshave: Henro de Previa Soap
Soap: S.V Mani Di Sicilia
Razor: Paradigm Ti 2
Blade: Personna Lab Blue , I can't get over how good these are ! I Tried the ones they sell here before and wasn't so keen
Brush: Maggards 24mm Brush
Splash: Floids Menthol
Balm: Bart's Bergamot and Vanilla
Cologne: Alvarez Gomez

Date:- 04 July 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ English Rose
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'B' / Polsilver Super Iridium #3
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

SOTD : 4th JULY 2019.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Lemon Flower Extracts Transparent Soap.

Brush: Frank Shaving ~ Synthetic.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Scottish Fine Shaving soap /The Real Shaving Co.~Sensitive Shaving Cream.+ 6 Drops of Glycerin.

Blade: bolzano superinox.(3)

Razor: Parker 94R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Herbs of Bulgaria ~ Lavender ASL.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

Last use of the bolzano superinox which has performed superbly throughout the week, the longevity of these blades are amazingly good, i know i could easily get another 3-4 shaves from this blade,but if i can get three to four shaves from one blade, then i'm happy with that, besides i've a vast amount of DE blades to get through. A really smooth sharp forgiving blade which i highly recommend.

It's been a while since i last used the Parker 94R which maybe the smallest in size of all my parker DE razors, but a sturdy hefty efficient indian princess that hold's no prisoners to face or head stubble, i was BBS after the 3rd pass but carried on with the pick up pass just for the sheer pleasure of the shave, and to use up the excellent superlather.

Out of all the Uber/Superlather i've created this one is the best to date, the scottish fine shaving soap, is becoming one of my favourite soaps...the slickness & post shave feel is amazing + the addition of the small amount of TRSC sensitive shave cream mixed up a fantastic lather making my shave another pleasurable experience.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups bbs smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine. ;)
;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.
:cool:
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom