SOTD: Saturday 29th February to Friday 6th March of 2020

Saturday 29th February
Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Old Spice Vintage - TNNSER 3D Transparent - GEM SSC #5 - Old Spice A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
wmoy2E2.jpg

Old meets new.

Saturday AM 2020-02-29

Simpson Somerset Chubby 3 Extra Super (Manchurian) (30/62)
Floris Santal shaving cream (vintage)
Paradigm 17-4
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (4)
Floris Santal aftershave

Still comparing the 17-4 to the Titanium II. Another smooth, very close shave. I have not had any mishaps, and it doesn't make sense, but for some reason I feel like I need to be a bit more careful with the 17-4 than with the Titanium II. My skin is the smoothest it has been for the last 3 shaves, but I'm unsure how much that is due to the razor and how much to the cream and aftershave. I'll go back to the Ti II tomorrow.
2fe4I2v.jpg

Pre - Proraso Green
Soap - Le Père Lucien 'Cologne Fougere' (sample)
Scuttle - Steve Wodhead Handthrown
Razor - Feather AS-D2
Blade - Personna Med Prep (8)
Brush - RazorRock Plissoft Barber 24
Post - Alum followed by Homemade Witch Hazel and Tea Tree Oil
Balm - Maca Root & Aloe Aftershave Gel
Fragrance - Aramis Tobacco Reserve EDP

First experience of using Le Père Lucien soaps and very impressed. Probably the densest lather I've ever had and excellent slickness between passes. Post shave is the only area where I think it could improve but not too shabby either. I threw the Med Prep afterwards after having 8 great shaves and I think it has become my favourite pairing with the AS-D2. Will use a Lab Blue tomorrow and see if they are as good.

Have a great evening all.

Never mind the Sunday shave this the “Night at the Roxbury” Saturday shave! Gillette Rocket HD 500, made in England and of a 1955-56 vintage. Lovely indeed. Loaded up with a Gillette Rubie Platinum.

RazoRock Plague Doctor the chosen soap with the matching AS splash. Hasn't been in rotation in a while and the dark floral is just a great scent.

Lovely two pass BBS shave on a Saturday. Topped it off with some L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme AS balm and the EDT! Oh yeah...ready for the club! Well, my kitchen anyway...enjoy your Saturday!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Rocket HD 500 1955-56
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum
Brush: APShave Co. 24mm Silk Smoke
Lather: RazoRock Plague Doctor
Aftershave: RazoRock Plague Doctor
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Issey Miyake - L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Balm
Issey Miyake - L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme EDT
EF875850-84C3-4380-A1A9-B9A244EE9268.jpeg

Saturday, 29 February 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Astra Platinum (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: GFT Eucris

Took my time and had a fine three-pass shave. Turned out to be a BBS one, as well. Have a good remainder of weekend, and stay dry.

29/02/20

Razor: MÜHLE Rocca R96
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: FS Chubby Silvertip 26mm
Soap: TGS Inferno
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: Proraso Red
ASB: Proraso Blue

IMG_20200229_204928.jpg

I remembered today that I meant to post a review of The Goodfella's Smile Inferno after Christmas. A little late but today I've caught up!

The R96 was initially a bit of a rough razor for me. It had either the V1 or V2 head. Following some advice from @RussellR5555 I contacted MÜHLE who sent me a new V3 or V4 head. What a difference! Buttery smooth and effortless shave with the GSB. Outstanding customer service by MÜHLE as well.

SOTD : 1st March 2020.

r.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Pure Soap Bar.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.

Bowl Lather.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Uber/Superlather : Derby Lavender moisturising shaving Cream. +Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.

Blade: Gillette Winner. (2)

Razor: Parker ~ 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gummy Traditional Turkish Lavender Cologne.

Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

Saint david's day shave.

To all our welsh members on TSR, “hapus Dydd Gŵyl Dewi”.

A relaxing sunday morning shave..

The derby lavender moisturising shave cream/ scottish fine soap created a wonderful 'lavender fragranced' superlather which is one of my best favourite superlather creations to date.My only downfall was i added too much ingredients and ended up with enough superlather for 10 passes.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few generous dollop of Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling 'lavender fragranced' devine.;)

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

Date:- 01 March 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Lav Sublime
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Wizamet Super Iridium #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Back
Top Bottom