SOTD : Saturday 28st August to Friday 03th September 2021

Friday 27th August

AM-JKLVqUwVfczCR1ejlAdrbNu-4rZjPd1TgunqilLoo1Z_gzEaow0AHQVoCIPjJIxpWjyEZiuRZJH3MCeJuez2e0z6nRPl6GYNuGOXnO5jS3F9dCTk47qyayz-qQ42mwDrJ8uoygba_JzJcd1r1kOg3pr6IqA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Meissner Tremonia 'Dark Lines' Rasierpaste
RazoRock 400 Butterscotch w/Plissoft Noir 24mm
Yaqi AC (AKA Raster) w/Red Horseman Swing Handle
Feather Professional (5)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave

I love Clubman! The Classic Vanilla has always been a good, green splash with a sound backwash of sandalwood but never one I'd say that the vanilla leapt out. Until tonight! Tonight I got the vanilla ... in a big way!

Lovely.

Schick L1 injector with Dutch Schick Super Stainless blade
Soap with matching AS:

Man, this is frigid stuff!! o_O Smells & shaves great!!

My fellow shavateers and people who shave just their heads I give you today's shave complete with the theme 'Yaqity yak'

20210828_111523-01.jpeg

And to start this evening's shaving story a very appropriate song about Chinese shaving accoutrements

剃刀 - Yaqi Excalibur on the poopenhandel
刀刃 - Kai Captain
刷子 - Yaqi Dandelion
剃須皂 - The Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime soap
香水為人民 - The Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime EDC

Another day out at the boat race for the Chinese single edge and yet another great turn out at the finishing line. It may not be the last word in perfection but hey, it certainly delivers a very very nice shave. Again hassle free and no red wine to be seen on the bath room floor. And just for the record I don't drink wine.

As much as I said the Londinium is probably my most used Soap, the Cuban Cedar ain't that far behind, and for every good reason. Go on treat yourself, you know you want to. A sublime fresh lime scent and makes for a damn good reason to follow up with the matching EDC. And all delivered by the Yaqi Welsh national flower brush.

A lovely smooth shave and a wonderful air to follow. Smile smile and smile again.

And a word from the sponsors of this evening's tales from the sink

And remaining out the far east something different to end this evening on

SOTD : 29th August 2021.

14.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: APShave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Bio Organic Aloe Vera Shaving Cream.
Blade: Mers SuperShave X Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Muhle r89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./The Real Shaving Co. Post Shave Soothing Balm./Avon Wilderness EdT.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Everything in my shave set up this morning worked together wonderfully...The Cella bio Aloe Vera shaving cream provided me with a protective slick lather in no time leaving a superb post shave feel.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfort shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small near last squirts of the now sadly discontinued Avon Wilderness EdT to the pulse points...This is/was my all time favourite men's EdT fragrance from Avon...Wonderful stuff.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sun 29 SR SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans London 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + B&M Cheshire Balm
The soap is thickly rich, creamy, and slick...just the scent is lacking...way too mild...
Wonderful shave with this razor after finally putting it on the pasted balsa. The edge was keener but yet very smooth and comfortable. Managed 3+1passes for an improving dfs result. The B&M AS Balm scent is similar but stronger.
20210829_125710.jpg

How the AYLM Chris ?
It's a nice soap Russ. Performance was good but not up there with SV or Laugar. It has a nice cooling feeling when shaving but not when washing off post-shave. The scent is unusual. It has quite a strong 'bleach' note. Bleach is a poor description but it has that similar nostril hit - imagine your first sniff off a banana mama cocktail.

I'll happily use the soap again but won't be rushing out to buy any more in the range.

29/08/21
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - Proraso Red
Razor - Pearl Flexi Adjustable V6 #2
Blade - Timor Stainless (3)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red
Wk35 (2).JPG
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

It's a nice soap Russ. Performance was good but not up there with SV or Laugar. It has a nice cooling feeling when shaving but not when washing off post-shave. The scent is unusual. It has quite a strong 'bleach' note. Bleach is a poor description but it has that similar nostril hit - imagine your first sniff off a banana mama cocktail.

I'll happily use the soap again but won't be rushing out to buy any more in the range.
Thanks Chris

D272C716-350D-4E32-965F-874A891AEA17.jpeg

Prep: Shower with PAA cube unscented.

Pre: PAA cube unscented.

Soap: Proraso green.

Brush: ZENITH unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE

Razor: Pearl Flexi at 2, 2 and 3

Blade: Viking Sword

Post: Alum, Proraso sensitive balm and proraso green aftershave.

I thought I’d give my hone’s a break and have a classic Sunday shave. Chose to use my under used Flexi as I keep seeing everyone else using it at the moment and it ridiculous to feel jealous of peoples SOTD razors when you have one! Plus I love the results I get and it’s never harsh, whether I have a full face of thick bristles or a light stubble. A true BBS today and a waste of alum as there was no sting at all. The Viking blades are always great and the aftershave finished it off nicely. Enjoy your Sunday!

A waste of alum! Brilliant concept! I mostly only use it if I draw blood.

Mine was a weird one, especially for a Sunday. Instead of taking the time for a run with the Koraat, I decided a lazy start was needed and took my ball end Tech for a spin. Having spent Friday night clearing out the bathroom cabinet to make space for my proper shaving gear, I came across loads of travel size shave gel tubes. Having tried to use them in place of soap with a straight, I wasn't about to make that mistake again, but I read on here of someone saying shave gel made an OK preshave. Gave it a go with some nice Elemis from a posh airline wash bag, but was not impressed. It does add slickness but also dries on you even with good soap over the top. After half a pass I washed it all off and just stuck with OSP fougere, face lathered with a Moka Express, and the Tech with a Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade (2nd use) and all was well. Lovely safe mild shave, not a weeper or nick, also no irritation and a DFS+. Alum can stay in his box today. Cien Hydro-Age Q10 post and Burberry Touch to add sophistication to me t-shirt and camo shorts!

Back
Top Bottom