Soap - Palmolive "Pipe-bomb"
Razor - Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd The Kropp 6/8th #2
Blade - Andrew @Shavers Delights
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - BartsBalm Tester A
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Wk35 (1).JPG
Now that was a nice shave!
The Palmolive stick in the repurposed "Glue-stick" tube worked really well, it was used crayon style and whipped up a great lather with the Synth Plissoft knot, so much easier than a natural knot brush. Ask at your Kids or grand-kids primary school to keep some of these empty tubes. They are slightly thinner than the Palmolive stick but it can be worked into the tube, mine stuck out about 5mm and the shavings went in the Superlather dish, all good and it worked a treat.
I completed 2 really smooth passes, WTG and then a XTG/ATG mixed pass with a little touch up on the whirlpools leaving me comfortable and BBS.
What more can you ask for?
I did use a slightly steeper angle today, just off flat to the skin, which worked really well. I am starting to get better at this Straight shaving malarkey.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
SOTD 28-Aug
View attachment 76013
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: Lemon Drop 26mm TGN Boar
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Brit Ever Ready 1912
Blade: GEM PTFE (1)

I have to thank @Tony'schin for this epic shave, very generous gift of the ever ready. Last time I used one of these was when I had the newbie box and I've been meaning to get my grubby mitts on one since then. I loved it then and I love it now. These things honestly give some of the closest shaves I've ever had and this one was no different, absolute face stroker.

I like to pass an alum over the face if it's a new razor or it's been a long time since use, just to be sure, and I will admit the test did suggest I didn't quite get the optimum angle at each point, but practice makes prefect!

Thank you again Tony, very much appreciated!

Hope everyone has a grand sunny Bank Holiday!

Cheers

Marc
You're very welcome Marc, i am just glad he is getting a run out now, so sad to see these razors sitting in a box and not getting used, i do have a few left which will be getting an outing in SEptember, really looking forward to getting some of the "old and bold" out.
T

Sat 28th August

Cyril Salter. MS. ED2band
Officina Artigiana soap
Yaqi Raster V2
Schick Proline ( 5 )
Officina Artigiana A/S lotion

I always seem to have a good Shave when using this soap, which provides a rich creamy lather and excellent cushion.
Today was as expected, very smooth but with a Top Notch finish.

356C70A3-7AEF-499D-B436-5750FECA4AA0.jpeg

IMG_20210828_114131_0~3.jpg
SOTD 28th August 2021.

Razor - Blutt -BR1 0.86 plate.
Blade - Souplex #5.
Soap - Eufros - Tierra Humeda.
Brush - Shavemac 30mm Silvertip.
Post - Baxter of California ASB.

A wonderful face stroker of a shave, the autumnal scent from the soap seemed fitting as we are getting closer to September and it was whipped to a luxurious creamy lather using the wall of badger that is the 30mm silvertip from Shavemac.
BBS without a chase!

Until the next time, be well.

Paul.

28/8/21

Pre - Unscented Soap
Soap - Vitos Red Coco w/a few drops of glycerine & citronella oil
Brush - Goodfellas Smile/Omega Wild Hog
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Gillette Platinum (2)
Post - Witch Hazel/Lea Balm
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

I'm not entirely sure why but I had very low expectations for today's shave but it turned out to be an absolute cracker. I'd used a synth with my Franken Vitos the last time, but the soap is best with a boar brush, I had a beautifully slick creamy lather with a nice pleasant citronella scent. My chunk of Vitos had lost it's scent so I added a few drops of citronella oil to make the scent a little more interesting, and it did the job.

I think I oversoaked my brush for a little too long, it was a little floppy whilst building a lather, something I didn't expect considering the brush has less than 10 completed shaves with it to date, I think I will soak for less time the next time around.

The Gillette Platinum is a very smooth blade, but it definitely lost a touch of efficiency from yesterday's shave but it was very comfortable in the shave, but post shave I could feel a little more growth left behind on my neck. It's a nice blade, but maybe it's suited for a slightly more assertive razor? I will give the blade a go in my Gillette Rocket tomorrow.

Anyway chaps, I hope you have a good Saturday.

xnCOEP3.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Portus Cale Black
Razor: UFO Tornado / ATT SE1 (2)
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Barrister and Mann Reserve Cool Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Portus Cale Black EdT

I've been exclusively shaving with DE razors for over a year now, so thought maybe it was time to change things up.
The SE1 paired with a Schick Proline P-30 single edge blade is a very efficient combination. Was BBS after three passes.
Managed to nick my jawl with a careless stroke - still adjusting to the wider cutting edge of the SE blade. Also a touch of razor burn, likely due to a tad too much pressure.
Will adjust next time out. Lovely post shave from the Portus Cale soap, and also a lovely scent common to both the soap and EdT.

Saturday 28th August SOTD

Soap • Arko
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Razor • Pearl Flexi @ 2.5
Blade • PolSilver Wizamet (2)
Post • Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave

My first time using Arko
Initial impression of the scent is that it bloody reeks (I mean it smells vile straight out of the tub)
It somewhat redeemed itself with it's able performance. A very stable and slick lather
I can now see why some people refuse to use it based on the scent alone, and equally why it has an army of fans
And I thought Tabac has a devisive scent

Saturday AM 2021-08-28
National Dream Day
zRVpwKI.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Eufros Kasbah shaving soap
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper/Triad Aristocrat Brass
Jewel Sheffield Super Stainless Steel (1)
Ginger's Garden Colonia aftershave

The lather was good, but I think next time I will a few drops of rose absolute. The Jewel blade was kind of rough, as new blades often are with first use. It was very sharp and gave me a close shave. There was lots of auditory feedback, and it also was somewhat rough, leaving my skin feeling a bit raw. This was soothed quite nicely by the aftershave. I am hoping that the following shaves will be smoother.
ipfZfkj.jpg

Back
Top Bottom