SOTD: Saturday 27 May - Friday 2 June 2023.

Friday 2nd June

Soap • Noble Otter Monoi De Tahiti
Brush • Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor • Feather ACSR-NB
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (1)
Post • Noble Otter Monoi De Tahiti Splash

20230602_173637-01.jpeg

Having used De & SE razors for a few weeks, it was nice to get get reacquainted with this Feather AC. It's a pleasure to use, and smooth as silk with a Kai MG blade.

Enjoy your weekend everyone

Friday 2nd June

AJFCJaUG3g7VO70ggywoFwAY04f_zjV1Gt2cAG6aROv5egNUG9r65IGLwCnOhhwKUfhCwcCrd6oMhmtb-pZ4XuZwWPlvCdsu8SuDKu6JGy5EoqgC4fAQxF48I9PveeEAkj31kpldMH5Z9mcnxYOZRdtRrGet4w=w1200

Imperial Leather (Vintage) Shave Bowl & Macy Associates No.5 w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre 22mm
Gillette Tech pre-War American (Brass) & Super Gillette Blue (2)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

Much smoother on the second run ... and a near perfect shave.

It's Friday, it's not five O'clock and it's not Crackerjack. What it is, is a Friday and it is time to say, For my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I hereby theme the following shave, 'This shave has been classified as rated XXX. Contains nudity, strong language, and lather'

20230602_183926.jpg

Naked - Stainless Mongoose
Bollocks - Feather Super Professional
Get yout kit off - Highlander LFC brush
Lather - Penhaligons Bayolea soap
Rub with oil - Simple moisturiser
Sex and more sex - M&S Spiced Amber

'Get her off. Get her off now! We can't have ladies in their underwear doing strange dances. This is 1923 not 2023'

After only two shaves this new red brush is working its way to the top of my shaving pops. The Cashmere I am completely familiar with, but it is just the way this brush sits in my hand which makes it a delight.

I don't know why as I've used the Super Pro many a time in the Goose but this particular blade just feels exceptionally forward, like there is another mm or so of blade in there. No nicks or anything but it just says 'Easy easy mate'. Not as though I have any friends and they wouldn't say nice things like that. It would be more down the road of, 'Chris, bus, jump, jump, jump'. Still, very happy with the end result and feeling refreshed and clean after a 41 mile bike ride earlier today. The Spiced Amber just adding a wonderful air to it all. At £15 for 200ml an absolute bargain.

Ah well, it is that time when you are going to get some puffyshoes if you like them or not, but before that I wish you all a most bodacious weekend ahead. Enjoy...

Oh, and of course I love you all

Razor = Phanton Blue
Blade = London Bridge ( 3 )
Brush = Zenith Barbour Pole Boar
Soap = P&B Cailleach
Splash = Myrsol Blue
Balm = Baxter Of California
IMG_1162.jpegAnother decent shave tonight although not a BBS
8/10.
Just reading @Gairdners sotd i was inspired to use this razor again,
Bakelite, Fakelite, Tomato tomAto lol
never mind you get the picture.
Another new soap for me today.
A Phoenix & Beau exclusive to the gentleman’s groom room and another decent soap as we would expect from P&B.
To be honest i was a bit annoyed at myself for buying this as i read it had menthol in it & the more you lathered the more menthol you got & i have enough soaps with menthol so i thought i made another mistake,
However i was pleasantly surprised hardly any menthol,
Enough to know it’s there what i love but not enough to have my eyes streaming so another good edition.
Enjoy Your Weekend Boys & Girls and as always
Stay Safe

Haven't used a Shark Platinum before. Didn't find it particularly sharp but it did the job. I'd say the super Stainless version is probably a bit sharper but I'll stick with it for a few more shaves.

Although I'm not keen on the initial slightly burnt palsric smell of the Wars Fresh it does settle down quickly and has a slight menthol kick. I won't be buying it again but I'll be using it up.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Fat Tech gold (1953)
Blade: Shark Platinum
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Cussons Shaving Soap (celluloid bowl)
Aftershave: Wars Fresh https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/647a64387561cd6e4045cdc8

IMG_1863.jpeg
SOTD: 02/06/2023

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Murphy & Mcneil Cat Sidhe Puck
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Porto Neroli EdP

Last day away and the little Yaqi Excalibur did an amazing job.

Back
Top Bottom