SOTD Saturday 27 March to Friday 2nd April

Saturday AM 2021-03-27
Modern shoelaces first introduced this date, 1790
SzPTs2Q.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Porcelain Finest (26/59)
Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm 17-4
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (9)
Calvin Klein Eternity aftershave

9lg4J1H.jpg

Saturday 27th March

ACtC-3eDInZxY3QP3m-LNz4p7xfxEyHQWqHgC7TMgZjMWePN6l2DZdBbTo2CaGiv-z3n35g7g-eMDq9KBj8ClMs6pS_ejC-qrCt-fZhpW9Nty9cI90Mn064pHpljQnklmKR5bbZt5oJTwSnUdOZs07EmGdYB_A=s800

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Meissner Tremonia 'Natural Brown' Bay & Rum Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj (Boar)
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/RazoRock Radio Handle
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (3)
Pinaud VIBR

Fit! This is everything that the Feather should be ...

I used the Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge when I first came to traditional shaving and needless to say, found it exceedingly sharp which in my inexperienced hands left me beaming with a super-smooth face full of weepers. Years on, I'm finding this blade exceedingly capable.

My first shave the other day, I mused how it didn't feel at all like a platinum blade but an exceptionally good stainless. To my face platinum blades are indeed super-smooth but lose some of the feel of the sharpness due to the edge, giving an ever so slightly disconnected feel to the shave ... like power-steering does for cars. Yesterday, I simply wrote "absolutely delightful!".

Tonight, with the third shave in a very classy Gillette Tech, I find the blade not only still exceedingly sharp but exquisitely smooth. There is another blade from the P&G St Petersburg factory that is "platinum" coated yet does not feel at all like platinum, more like a very excellent stainless; a blade which is exceedingly sharp from the off, yet not at all threatening and becomes super-smooth for the third, fourth and fifth shave.

Now, I'm going to apply my best Morpheus impression ...

What if I was to tell you that the Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge could be the same blade as the PolSilver Super Iridium?

Super Iridium is, afterall, a member of the platinum family. Perhaps the same blade, one with iridium, one with platinum? Perhaps not. Either way, I have a new favourite blade here that has pushed out the rather short-lived and somewhat finickerty Feather from my repertoire. 9/10, potentially more depending upon how I find it after several more such blades.

Last edited:
Sun 28th SOTD
Cream Saponificio Bignoli Black Berry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Gillette Single Ring
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Really like the wonderful light scent from the cream. The lather is very nice too...thickly creamy and slick...
Shave with my oldest razor paired with the blade was good. As smooth as can be and comfortable for 3passes for between bbs to dfs result. This razor requires some fiddling for proper blade alignment but it's worth it.
20210328_140557.jpg

SOTD : 28th March 2021.

70.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Arko ~ Sensitive Shaving Cream.
Blade: Shark Super Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Ming Shi 3000s. (Settings) 8-wtg,9-atg+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils +3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Aloe Vera Gel./ Boots ~ Freshwood ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...After the close face and head shave with the Parker Variant yesterday the mild, yet efficient enough Ming Shi 3000s made my Sunday morning shave a pleasurable experience.

A pleasurable 2 pass + pickups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off a with a small dollop of Boots ~ Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 28th March 2021

Shave Score 9.25/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: Oaken - Batavia Barber
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharpedge (2)
Post Shave ASL: Oaken - Batavia Barber
Post Shave Balm: Barts - Ben Macdui (Rosemary & Sandalwood)
Post Shave Cologne: Bowling Green

Forgot how nice the Oaken - Batavia Barber smells, lather was great, ASL was good too :)

Have a great weekend all, stay safe.

Joe.

0506A69E-49E9-4461-948E-1C8338314E9D.jpeg

Sunday 28th March

Zenith Euro Al Boar - Vitos Green - Yaqi Excalibur/Feather Pro Super - Guerlain Vetiver

My first shave with the Excalibur and I decided to throw all caution to the wind and use a Pro Super. 1st pass was DFS++ and the second gave me a BBS 'Face Feeler'.
The Alum test passed with flying colours. To say I am pleased is an understatement :)

Back
Top Bottom