SOTD Saturday 27 March to Friday 2nd April

SOTD : 27th March 2021.

69.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi ~ 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Face: wtg, xtg, atg,+ pick ups.
Head: wtg, atg, + pick ups.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather : Vitos ~Vegetale Shaving Soap.
Blade : Shark Super Stainless.(D1)
Razor : Parker Variant. (Settings) 2.5-wtg,2.5-xtg,3-atg+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings,Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.) (Adjustable DE Razor week.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Maiden face & head shave with the Vitos Vegetale Soap...The verdict?..... A very nice shaving soap, which lathers up superbly provides a slick protective thick lather with a wonderful vibrant marzipan /sweet almond scent with a small hint of coconut oil which lasts throughout the shave and beyond leaving a superb post shave feel...A wonderful addition to my humble shaving soap collection which i look forward to using in future shaves.

Finishing the Lord blade month off using the Shark Super Stainless blade....I know from pass experience with the Shark SS i get 2-3 max acceptable shaves after that i bin them. They have a good balance of smoothness/sharpness which is a great combo especially for head shaving...As always YMMV, opinions are very subjective.

The Parker Variant razor excelled the shave eliminating my face & head stubble effortlessly... It's always a pleasure to shave with this amazingly smooth solidly well built razor, today was no exception...The non-aggressive yet assertive enough Shark SS paired together wonderfully making a smooth efficient duo.

A enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a small dollop of L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB..

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

PS : A recently found musical Gem.
Enjoy :love:

Sat 27th SOTD
Soap The LASS Topanga Fougere 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi AC with Pattern Handle
Blade Shick Proline 1st Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
Nice pleasant & mild scent from the soap lather. From just a little became a lot of creamy goodness...good slickness too.
Trying a new AC blade send over by a very kind member in another forum. After 3passes, I found the razor and blade combo was not as smooth and comfortable as the Feather ProGuard. The atg pass on the chin and lips area was abit dicey. I will try again but as usual, it's YMMV. The result was between bbs to dfs and 2 micro weepers.
20210327_124908.jpg

IMG_20210327_102920_990.jpg

Chatilon lux shaving soap
Omega shaving brush
Phoenix shaving razor DOC
Gillette 7 o'clock blade
The expert aftershave

27th March

IMG_20210326_161912_9~2.jpg

Shave of the day.

Razor - Blackland Tradere Gen 2 SB
Blade - Souplex #3
Soap - Signature Soaps - Capra unscented goats milk
Brush - resin handled synthetic by S Jagger
Post - Thayer's Astringent
Frag - Pour Home De Carton EdT

Big thanks going out to @Tony'schin for lending me his Blackland Tradere.

My first shave with this razor and I was surprised at just how mild it was, this is not a bad thing for me, I enjoy mild razor's.
First shave so too early to be writing a review but I had a good shaving experience and was rewarded with a clean shave.
I will be sticking to this razor for a while so I'm sure I will have more to tell the next time. :)

IMG_20210326_163027_1~3.jpg
Take care of yourselves.

Paul.

27th March

View attachment 67091

Shave of the day.

Razor - Blackland Tradere Gen 2 SB
Blade - Souplex #3
Soap - Signature Soaps - Capra unscented goats milk
Brush - resin handled synthetic by S Jagger
Post - Thayer's Astringent
Frag - Pour Home De Carton EdT

Big thanks going out to @Tony'schin for lending me his Blackland Tradere.

My first shave with this razor and I was surprised at just how mild it was, this is not a bad thing for me, I enjoy mild razor's.
First shave so too early to be writing a review but I had a good shaving experience and was rewarded with a clean shave.
I will be sticking to this razor for a while so I'm sure I will have more to tell the next time. :)

View attachment 67092
Take care of yourselves.

Paul.
Planning to get your hands dirty today Paul or just down selecting a colour for your 3one6? ;)

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Northern Elixir
Razor/Blade:- Karve SS 'SB-D' / Vintage Gillette US Spoiler #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Saturday, 27 March 2021

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade Astra sp (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

My Saturday setup with the Mekur slant. It was a nice slow and relaxing way to start the morning. Have a good weekend, folks.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 27th March 2021

Shave Score 9.75/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: Heritage Hill - Continental (Tangerine & Menthol)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: RazoRock GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharpedge (1)
Post Shave ASL: Floid - Genuine
Post Shave Balm: Barts - Ben More (Bergamot & Vanilla)
Post Shave Cologne: Bowling Green

Second outing on the new RR GC .84 SB, stuck a new to me blade in, the 7 O’Clock Sharpedge and was a bit more aggressive with it today, used it with a bit more confidence, came away with a much closer BBS shave that will last all day unlike my first tentative shave with it yesterday, one tiny nice on the chin that the alum block dealt with.

I’ll try the 7’ O’clock again tomorrow to see how it develops.

Lovely using the Continental soap again, a nice combo with the Barts Balm too, masses of lather even in cold/hard water, great scent and menthol.

Have a great weekend all, stay safe.

Joe.

AB8DFCAA-EAB9-4597-B0EC-DEDDEECAE9FD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom