SOTD Saturday 27 March to Friday 2nd April

9C514D8A-F1B7-48A3-A751-C14387360720.jpeg

Third shave with the Mühle R41GS

Today used together with a Feather blade. I was carefull to have my lather very slick and also took my time shaving.
I was rewarded with one of the closest shaves that I have ever had. No weepers or irritation,
so I guess (for me) that a sharp blade works well in this razor.

Mühle Edition 2 STF
Mühle R41GS
A&E Revolution

Wishing all a nice weekend

SOTD 27-March
20210327_090553.jpg

Prep - Warm shower, Proraso Menthol and Eucalyptus Pre-shave

Razor - Thiers Arminius (hence forth 'Little Frenchie')

Brush - PAA Peregrino

Soap - London Oatcake Mahogany

Post - Renforth & Goddard Man Polish

Feeling refreshed and ready for the day.

The proraso was a lot more successful than the oil, not sure I'm totally sold on the menthol but the stuff itself had the desired effect, might try the sandalwood version next.

Have a good one all!

Crossan

Sat 27th March

Muhle Silvertip-A. 21mm
Hampshire Wool Fat soap
ER 1912- Bathroom Set
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
GB Grey Flannel

I knew with this Razor/Blade combo that todays Shave was likely to be good. However, I had not factored in just how good this little artisan soap is, lathers so easily and allows you to work merrily away to attain a Top Notch finish, with the skin feeling fresh and relaxed. Have not yet heard of anyone not liking it.

IMG_1387.jpg

SOTD - 27 Mar

Brush - Yaqi Black Marble 24mm

Razor - Rockwell 6S R4

Blade - Gillette Super Blue #2

Soap - PAA John Frum

Balm - Nivea Sensitive

ASL - PAA John Frum

Excellent BBS shave today. Blade and razor matched really well. 1st use of the PAA John Frum. Lovely smell. Quality soap and ASL. Many thanks to @jphelan81 and @Boycie83 for the introduction.
Have a great weekend all and stay safe.

Saturday Shave

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Soap: Signature Soaps Caledonia
Brush: 30mm Hulk synbad
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Spalsh: Hega Original
Balm: Bema Balm
EDT: Profumo Di Firenze

First outing with a little Le Grelot I put a low offer in on ebay and it was accepted, I have a soft spot for these Vintage French Razors , this one was in a bit of a state and was a bear to hone, but I learned a lot doing it and it was an excellent shave.

_MG_6641.JPG

This is how it looked like this when it arrived.

red.png

1BC42914-0233-4DC6-A02D-CA0CA12FDECB.jpegPre: hot towel to the face, sanctuary spa triple cleansing mousse, hot towel again, proraso refreshing preshave cream
Brush: yaqi 24mm purple haze
Soap: Dalit goods sandalwood shaving soap
Razor: blackland blackbird
Blade: rapira #1
Post: cold water, proraso red lotion, bluebeards revenge post shave balm

first part about the soap - as promised to @pjgh
Must say the soap doesn’t smell as dark once out of the wrapper, it brightened up a bit. Very nice smell.
FACF372D-52D1-4001-AD88-F6C1A3497AD0.jpeg

Decided to bowl lather today, to see how this soap behaves, and it was a good idea, since this soap is really really thirsty. Not sure whether it’s due to me living in hard water area, or because the soap is coconut oil based, but so far I haven’t come across such thirsty soap, even Brian’s signature soaps weren’t close to this level of thirst .
10 seconds load provided enough lather for 4-5 passes (didn’t go as far as that... stopped at 3rd pass - before anyone gets petrified by that number haha)

at first lather got really really foamy - took around couple minutes and lot of water to settle down to more of a creamy consistency .
47B072EF-9F8D-4E2F-9BAD-7EDA166A517A.jpeg
Lather from it was okay - personally wouldn’t call it top notch. If I had to rate out of 10, I’d give it :
Slickness : 6
Cushioning : 4
Residual slickness : 3
Planning on using this soap for next shave too, however will try to add more water and see if that changes it. Mind you I’m still a novice to shaving and first time using coconut base soap, so it might be that my skill isn’t up to it yet -Please keep that in mind!
Now onto the razor and blade - been a while that I used the blackbird that moved onto me from @Tony'schin . Recently I’ve been using Rockwell 6s R4... and must say blackbird got a new level of respect from me. Shave is much closer and much more aggressive . In My first uses of blackbird I probably didn’t feel it as much since I was completely new to DE shaving, but now after my technique definitely improved I can see it more. Amazing razor that does demand a bit of respect. 4 weepers acquired haha

blade wise - felt okay, will see how it is on its second outing - seemed sharp and smooth.
Finished with cold water splash, proraso red (just felt right to use it with sandalwood soap) and some balm.
Dfs to bbs achieved

This mornings shave was another PAA this time I used St Martin's Land soap splash and aftershave jelly with the cube for pre shave also my 2nd use of the D plate on the Karve and my 2nd use of the polsilver .
Same again 1st pass felt a little rough but the 2nd and 3rd felt good with a really close shave and no nicks cuts and good feedback when using the alum bloc
Not sure how to describe the the scent but the wife said it smelt aromatic all in a very good shave

Attachments

• 20210327_101920.jpg
    20210327_101920.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210327_101831.jpg
    20210327_101831.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210327_101246.jpg
    20210327_101246.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210327_101224.jpg
    20210327_101224.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210327_101219.jpg
    20210327_101219.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 13
Saturday Shave

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Soap: Signature Soaps Caledonia
Brush: 30mm Hulk synbad
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Spalsh: Hega Original
Balm: Bema Balm
EDT: Profumo Di Firenze

First outing with a little Le Grelot I put a low offer in on ebay and it was accepted, I have a soft spot for these Vintage French Razors , this one was in a bit of a state and was a bear to hone, but I learned a lot doing it and it was an excellent shave.

View attachment 67112

This is how it looked like this when it arrived.

View attachment 67113
Nice job Russ

27/3/21

Pre - Cien Soap Free Facial Wash
Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Arko Stick
Razor - Yaqi Cobbed Head
Blade - Big Ben (2)
Post - Witch Hazel/Lea Balm
AS - Brut Oceans

The blade felt rough and tuggy during the shave, but I had a close irritation free shave at the end, with little to no burn when the splash went on.

Not quite sure how that happened!

Have a good weekend gents.

27/03/21
Straight Shave Saturday
Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice
Razor: 6/8th Goedecke & Co, Mandarin, "unrivalled extra hollow ground".
Edge by: @Tony'schin
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

P3270002.JPG

A change to the planned Whickams soap shave today as i wanted to try the new Proraso Wood & Spice.
The cream lathered really well and i do like the scent, it's lather is no different to any other cream so i do not know why its classed as a single blade soap? i do like it though. The Taj Boar is really coming along and will be in the rotation once it is fully broken in.
The soap scent and feel reminded me of something as it gave a nice glowing feeling on the face, not full on Menthol but it did remind me of something i couldn't put my finger on.
I completed a 2 pass shave routine for a very comfortable DFS finish. During the rinse off it came to me, very similar to Floïd's Mentolado Vigaroso, therefore, the post shave was chosen and it matched very well.
A very happy shaver today,
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
i1Ic5OE.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS London Bridge (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Vitos Tobacco Aftershave Splash
Scent: Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

An effortless, smooth and close three pass shave with this line-up.

Back
Top Bottom