Brush: Manu Montalvo.
Razor: Henso (Zwilling).
Blade: Danidom (#4).
Take care and have a nice day!

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Friday 2nd April 2021

Shave Score 9.90/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: Signature Soaps - Coria (Rose Geranium & Lavender) thanks for the free sample @BrianH.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Post Shave ASL: Proraso - Green
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms Macdui - (Rosemary & Sandalwood)
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Gillette Platinum again today, the second outing on this blade was even better than the first, felt like I could get away with way more than 2 runs on this blade, but it had to go so I can try the Sputnik blade tomorrow :)

Had a lovely and super close shave BBS, with the RR GC .84 SB, zero nicks, zero burn.

The Coria soap has immediately gone into my top 3 soaps on the first use (I have over 40), it has an amazing and strong scent that I can still detect on face even now after ASL and Balm has been applied.

I obviously now have to acquire the ASL :)

Now to cook a fry up for the Clan, have a great break all.

Joe

C9E7BC1E-24DD-41B8-93CE-1EB5C645D7B1.jpeg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Treet Platinum #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Tipple:- Bruichladdich The Laddie Ten 10yrs Old

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Treet Platinum #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Tipple:- Bruichladdich The Laddie Ten 10yrs Old
I have an as yet unopened bottle of the Laddie...what’s your thoughts?

168096171_1335229820179774_5265280986361041940_n.jpg
Prep:
Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: Omega 49
Razor: Parker R22 Interceptor
Blade: Solingen Timor (2)

The usual Saturday quick shave upgraded by the Timor blade and my new TDS ASL. It pairs well with the Proraso, and could best be described as "medicinally menthol." I'll try it out with the juniper/pine soap next as it should hopefully fit in well with them.

Good Friday

OSP Neroli
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
Ever Ready 1924 Round Comb
Gem SS PTFE
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
OSP Neroli Tonic

A good Friday so far. Sun’s out; so a walk is called for and the Neroli set up seemed appropriate. Inspired by Arthur @Electrif and @TobyC discussing the round comb 1924 yesterday, I thought I’d use mine today; and yes, it’s a loud toast scraper all right!

I’ve said this before, but for me it’s the most efficient of the Ever Ready clan. Two passes that almost give a three pass smooth result. Excellent bit of kit.

5B85C390-0F61-4E04-9C31-E752DC92F723.jpeg

02/04/21
Pre: Shower
Brush: Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap: 1912 Irish Fern
Razor: Colonial Stainless General V2 with Ikon Bulldog
Blade: Feather Pro (9)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Pinaud Gents Gin

Wk13 (7).JPG
A lovely shave today.
Stay safe and enjoy your Day All

SoTd
This was a very late shave for me but haven’t shaved since Wednesday had so much on the last 2 days and only just got home not long since, was in need of a shave and having found the 2 blades had arrived kindly sent to me to try by @Driftwood i decided to load the schick P30 up in the feather ss recently purchased from @Tony'schin and got cracking, I have to say it was a fabulous shave the Feather ss I’m really pleased with and paired with the P30 it was an absolute dream to shave with very happy and the P30 blade is now an absolute must have thank you Colin I really appreciate you sending me one to try and look forward to comparing the Kai pink next. Feeling smooth and refreshed View attachment 67397
Thanks for that Jay and no problem fella, happy to help. It's better trying first before making a blind purchase

02/04/2021

Razor: Brass Karve SB-C
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: AP Shave 28mm SynBad
Soap: Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk
ASL: Osma Alum
ASB: LEA
Scent: 4711

IMG_20210402_104910.jpg

I was using a NOS Gillette Platinum in the Karve for the past couple of shaves and I wasn't feeling this famous smoothness of the Karve. I swapped that blade out for a GSB today - there we go! A lovely shave with the Karve today.

@Pontormo I'm definitely getting the link between 4711 and Citrus Musk. The wife also approves of the 4711. Wins all round today!

20210402_104022.jpg
SOTD 1st April

Brush- Yaqi Butterscotch 22mm Cashmere
Razor - Star Model 100
Blade - Tiger Platinum #3
Soap - Signature Soaps Hibernia
Post - Real Musgo ASB

Very tuggy 2 passes. The blade did warn me on the very last pass of the previous shaves.
I used a ton of water for the soap, which handled it with aplomb. My favourite of Brian's scents so far - very refreshing and another fantastic lather. This and Capra are my 2 favourites on the SS pass around.
The post shave was my very first "luxury" balm - still a nice treat.
Enjoy your long weekends all, stay safe and sensible and enjoy your shaves.

Fri 2nd April

Simpson Chubby 1 / Maggards Ed2band
Monsoon au Lait
TNNSER-3D
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion.

The performance of this Razor Is up there with the best I get with the best of my Vintage SE Razors. At the end of a Shave, it can be used with an ultra light touch to get rid of those last remaining stubborn areas of growth, which sometimes spoil what could have been a great Shave.

IMG_1393.jpg

Back
Top Bottom