SOTD Saturday 27 March to Friday 2nd April

Thursday 1st April

ACtC-3cdUHdGH6cB-1QSVs1XNrF32iB9wxZ6HN3CeTIw4MIlF9TK9eUYjaZ4YKvDGNwDfNXfIdvep8_alohWDjs6zAZI8Ndmoh2pGWgHdl3JoCmMk3ivb3eMS5ZDycJcd148RmTDyZhrGcAq4EUovDwF7wxg3Q=w1200

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Wickham's 1912 Parma Violet Shaving Soap
hjm Professional (Boar)
Yaqi Katana DLC w/Star Bakelite Handle
Gillette Winner Platinum (1)
Puig Quorum Aftershave

Much thanks to @donnie_arko for the tuck of blades ...

Not as smooth and apparently sharper than the Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum with more of a stainless feeling than platinum on my face, which is no bad thing as I tend to prefer honest stainless. In some respects, it almost feels like an Indian equivalent on the Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge, another platinum blade that has more of a feeling of really good stainless.

Uncle Sachin endorses this perfect single pass shave! Much enjoyed!

Thanks for the tag Paul.

IMO, the first shave with the Winner Black is fairly good, but it's one of those blades that it performs a bit better on it's 2nd shave.

Thursday 1st April

ACtC-3cdUHdGH6cB-1QSVs1XNrF32iB9wxZ6HN3CeTIw4MIlF9TK9eUYjaZ4YKvDGNwDfNXfIdvep8_alohWDjs6zAZI8Ndmoh2pGWgHdl3JoCmMk3ivb3eMS5ZDycJcd148RmTDyZhrGcAq4EUovDwF7wxg3Q=w1200

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Wickham's 1912 Parma Violet Shaving Soap
hjm Professional (Boar)
Yaqi Katana DLC w/Star Bakelite Handle
Gillette Winner Platinum (1)
Puig Quorum Aftershave

Much thanks to @donnie_arko for the tuck of blades ...

Not as smooth and apparently sharper than the Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum with more of a stainless feeling than platinum on my face, which is no bad thing as I tend to prefer honest stainless. In some respects, it almost feels like an Indian equivalent on the Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge, another platinum blade that has more of a feeling of really good stainless.

Uncle Sachin endorses this perfect single pass shave! Much enjoyed!

Is the hjm a sloppy flopper? (or is that floppy slopper?)

Sotd-01-04-21.jpg

Razor - Karve Alu - plate C
blade - Feather (2)
brush - Semogue OC LE 2012 - mixed badger and boar
soap - Salter - Lavender - hard tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Quorum
balm - Weleda
scent - Quorum edt.

I think, most of us would accept that shaving represents - and fulfils - much more than just being clean shaven? A ritual - time apart, time to contemplate - an anchor point as the world revolves around us - seemingly - at times - in chaos. Craftsmanship - attention to detail. Analogue - not digital. A skill learned without recourse to algorithms. In addition - it helped me calm down after having my Covid vaccination - no big deal - you might think? Yes it was, if you are wildly phobic about needles - as I am. Hence, all things lavender, now relaxed and smelling nice. It had to be done - time to put on your big boy pants and man up. The only socially responsible thing to do - I had mine in the Louisa Jordan temporary hospital in Glasgow - without exception the process was flawless - the way it was organised, the staff. Well done them - well done me. Have great shaves - one and all - yours - I.

Is the hjm a sloppy flopper? (or is that floppy slopper?)
It's a veritable mop!

To lather, it likes to be wetter than I would usually allow and likes a longer loading on the soap else it doughnuts immediately on the face. With a good bulb of proto-lather, it builds as I like on my face but like fluffing up lather with a cloud.

View attachment 67386

blade - Feather (2)
post - witch hazel
a/s - Quorum
balm - Weleda
scent - Quorum edt.

I think, most of us would accept that shaving represents - and fulfils - much more than just being clean shaven? A ritual - time apart, time to contemplate - an anchor point as the world revolves around us - seemingly - at times - in chaos. Craftsmanship - attention to detail. Analogue - not digital. A skill learned without recourse to algorithms. In addition - it helped me calm down after having my Covid vaccination - no big deal - you might think? Yes it was, if you are wildly phobic about needles - as I am. Hence, all things lavender, now relaxed and smelling nice. It had to be done - time to put on your big boy pants and man up. The only socially responsible thing to do - I had mine in the Louisa Jordan temporary hospital in Glasgow - without exception the process was flawless - the way it was organised, the staff. Well done them - well done me. Have great shaves - one and all - yours - I.
Well done Iain, it's all over now..... until the next one but you coped this time and I'm sure you will the next time. :cool:

Paul.

SoTd
This was a very late shave for me but haven’t shaved since Wednesday had so much on the last 2 days and only just got home not long since, was in need of a shave and having found the 2 blades had arrived kindly sent to me to try by @Driftwood i decided to load the schick P30 up in the feather ss recently purchased from @Tony'schin and got cracking, I have to say it was a fabulous shave the Feather ss I’m really pleased with and paired with the P30 it was an absolute dream to shave with very happy and the P30 blade is now an absolute must have thank you Colin I really appreciate you sending me one to try and look forward to comparing the Kai pink next. Feeling smooth and refreshed F654E823-53BA-41BC-BDD5-C404DF4B8ABC.jpeg

View attachment 67386

blade - Feather (2)
post - witch hazel
a/s - Quorum
balm - Weleda
scent - Quorum edt.

Smashin’ post, Iain. You capture my thoughts about shaving exactly; and I’m glad your jag went well. I had mine on Monday, felt a bit sore on the arm and very tired on the Tuesday and bounced back Wednesday. Hope your side effects are minimal too. Best, S.

Fri 2 SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple New & 1st Use
Brush
Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Yaqi Dual Comb
Blade Derby Usta 4th
Post & Aftershave Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel & Aloe Margaritas in the Arctic + Hyaluronic
Amazingly nice bold fizzy pineapple scent from the soap. Good 5.5 scent strength from the tub and throughout the shave...so good I almost wanna swallow some...hahaha, :D The lather was thick, creamy, very cooling with ok slickness.
Shave with the razor paired with the blade was just acceptable. Seems like the blade is done for. Managed 3passes without any issues for a DFS result. Aftershave was great and able to match the soap.
20210402_103055.jpg

O2e0Vfd.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club LE 2012 Mixed Badger/Boar
Soap: DR Harris Windsor
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Cella Aftershave Splash
Scent: DR Harris Traditional Cologne

Haven't using a triple-milled soap for a while, and realised too late into this shave that I had under-hydrated the soap.
Hence, the shave was not as comfortable as typical, but was still very close. Three passes for a BBS result.

Back
Top Bottom