SOTD: Saturday 27 April - Friday 3 May 2024.

SOTD: 30th April 2024.

43.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl
Lather: Vitos Vegetale Shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D3)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone. (Settings) 3-wtg,4-atg,+pick ups.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel/P&G & Old Spice Bearglove ASL Spray./ Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

(Face & Head Shave)

A close comfortable BBS face and head shave to finish the month off superbly.

The Dorco prime platinum blade still felt smooth and efficient on it's third outing, which in my opinion is very good. Doing a head shave with any blade is equivalent of two face shaves in my way of thinking, as I find head shaving dramatically dulls the edge of a blade, lowering the longevity of a blade much quicker than it does with face shaving. YMMV. Another thing that has impressed me with the Dorco Prime Platinum is that every blade I've used from the batch has been good, not one blade has been a dud. The manufacturing QC quality at the Vietnam plant is excellent.

In May I will continue my focus with Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone for my combined face & head shaves and continue to use a variety DE razors for my face shaves pairing them all together with the Dorco Prime Platinum and trying out the four packs of La Barbiera shaving soaps that I've had for sometime but haven't got round to trying them out.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
I decided that using alum after every shave when I didn’t really need to probably wasn’t the best thing for my skin, so got some witch hazel, but found the smell a bit ‘earthy’ so mixed in a little ASL, great result, no sting and finished of the shave nicely. But do I rinse it off like alum, or leave it on, that is the question!
Like you, I realised that alum was horrible for my skin - I only use it when I have given myself a weeper that cold water won't stop alone. Thankfully a rare occurrence these days. As to witch hazel - you can use it as you would a splash - or for the full 'squeaky' clean skin effect - I apply it with a cotton wool makeup pad - in either case I let it dry in and don't wash it off. It absorbs quickly either way. The smell doesn't bother me - Thayers make various scented formulations but they are significantly more expensive than the bog standard BP version that you can get in Savers, B&M or Asda. Which is fine for me. Hope this helps - cheers - I.

Had to ditch the Lab Blue but got seven shaves out of it! I usually manage three. I wonder if the pre-shave makes a noticeable difference to the longevity?

Second use of the Boots Shaving Stick and this really does the job well. And now that I have access to them again I used a late English Wilkinson Sword blade. The packaging printing is very clean and crisp; noticeably moreso than the 70s/80s variant, which is why I think these might be from the 1990s. They have removed this from the blade print by this time, presumably as they started to shift production to Germany. This blade is very sharp and smooth. Probably the best of the WS blades I've used.

A superb shave with even a bad nick on the nostril not spoiling it for me.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Neo Lux Schrägschnitt
Blade: Wilkinson Sword English, presumed 1990s
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Aleppo Soap 70% laurel
Lather: Boots Shaving Stick (1970s/80s?)
Aftershave: Pino Silvestre Aftershave spray
IMG_20240418_203854~2.jpg

SOTD: 30/04/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 7th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Baume.be Pre Shave Gel
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day, you all!

Tuesday 30th April
Ever Ready NA Featherweight - GEM Stainless #2 - RazoRock Plissoft - Tabac Stick - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000018250-01.jpg

30 April

Speick Men cream
Mühle travel
Edwin Jagger DE89 + aluminium handle
Feather Hi-Stainless
Speick Men Sensitiv balm
Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa edc

85AD5A37-5B08-458E-8698-5F4C7FB4EBEA.jpeg
Best shave yet with the EJ DE89 and ATT handle. The little Mühle travel brush created a wonderfully hydrated, creamy lather with just a tiny pea sized blob of Speick cream. The first pass with the EJ was nearly enough and the second was simply tidying up. The Feather held up throughout the shave giving me four good shaves. I can’t ask for more. Good stuff.

Tuesday 30 April
Hawk A plate ac
Schick proline
ToBS travel badger
Rodrigo De Jerez
Second use blade but it wasn’t really on song, I’ll give it another go tomorrow maybe it needs a few shaves to settle down.
The soap which looks like chocolate mousse really isn’t, it’s very creamy rather than soapy if that makes sense. So, it doesn’t build thick lather, maybe due to our local hard water. It smells delicious but I wouldn’t want it for dessert.

Enjoy the last day of April, it’s maypole dancing time tomorrow fellas! :ROFLMAO:

IMG_0587.jpeg

Like you, I realised that alum was horrible for my skin - I only use it when I have given myself a weeper that cold water won't stop alone. Thankfully a rare occurrence these days. As to witch hazel - you can use it as you would a splash - or for the full 'squeaky' clean skin effect - I apply it with a cotton wool makeup pad - in either case I let it dry in and don't wash it off. It absorbs quickly either way. The smell doesn't bother me - Thayers make various scented formulations but they are significantly more expensive than the bog standard BP version that you can get in Savers, B&M or Asda. Which is fine for me. Hope this helps - cheers - I.
@Rip my flesh

I'm the same.Alum dries my skin too much, and leaves it feeling 'tight'.
Witch Hazel is the way forward. I add around 6 drops of lavender essential oil (cheap stuff from Home Bargains for about £1,50) to 100ml of cheap Witch Hazel . It smells nice and soon wears off.

Back
Top Bottom