SOTD: Saturday 27 April - Friday 3 May 2024.

SOTD: 28th April 2024.

42.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Chinese Cologne Shaving Soap
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Yintal 9306-I TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Yelken Turkish Lemon Eau De Cologne./Wilko Men's ASB.
Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Yintal 9306-I. TTO (super-speed clone) is an incredibly good razor has a nice heft to it, and like my other Chinese super-speed clone the Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO, has provided me with comfortable acceptable irritation-free shaves with each outing. What more can I ask for.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Wilko Men's ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sunday 28th April
Ever Ready Natural Angle HFT - GEM Stainless #1 - Highlander TSR ‘23 LE - OSP No8 Test v1 - OSP No8 Test v1 AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000018232-01.jpg

SOTD: 28/04/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 6th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Acqua Di Parma Barbiere Cream
Balm: Acqua di Parma Barbiere Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your Sunday!

View attachment 119845

My Artisinal April Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Shave Factory Boar.
Soap Stirling Glacial Spearmint.
Razors Leaf & @Reggie’s Razors Mars.
Blade Silver Star (1l
Balm Proraso Green.
Aftershave Stirling Glacial Black Ice.

I went for a full on chill factor today, the Stirling again was just okay not a big a hit of Menthol as I was expecting given all the reviews.
I am putting it down to only starting the tub and fingers crossed it just gets stronger as I get rid of the top layer, atm it's not even close to the hit that the Master soap creations Frosted Spearmint gives.
The Mars razor I really like and has never given me a bad shave, I matched it with the new Silver Star blade that has had many good reports and Shave 1 was excellent, lets see if I can get 3 nice shaves.
A quick head buff with the Argan oil and I look all shiny and new, the oil has done wonders for my Psoriasis on my head, it's gotten rid of all the red rash marks and dead skin I thoroughly recommend it.

The Shave Factory brush is definitely a Boar as it stunk unlike my new wild hog one but today the stench was pleasing to my nose as it proved I didn't get one of the new crappy fake ones.
Have a great evening everyone.

Ps many thanks for all the lovely Birthday wishes yesterday, it really made my day.

Peace Out Goodbye GIF by NETFLIX
What argon oil do you use I fancy giving this a try for my dry scalp.

Last edited:
28 April

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Cadman M55
Edwin Jagger DE89 and ATT Calypso
Feather Hi-Stainless
Proraso Sensitive balm
Dior Sauvage

IMG_0987.jpeg
A very pleasant Sunday shave. The large Cadman brush produced a lush lather with the Wickham soap and the EJ a comfortable and competent (rather than close) two passes to leave me respectably shaved.

Razor - Rockwell 6S R3
Blade - Gillette Sharp Edge
Brush - Simpson Captain
Soap - TOBS cream

I’ve hit the jackpot with the razor/blade combination. Great two pass shave with minimal touch-ups. I must say that I was very careful with technique… virtually no pressure at all, mostly just the weight of the razor.

TOBS cream was excellent. Do I prefer TOBS or Trumpers cream? Who cares? Use both!

Mrs Wiffwaff: Something smells nice.
Mr Wiffwaff: It’s me! It’s me!

Happy Sunday, everyone.

IMG_0133.jpeg

28/04/23
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise Synth
Soap - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor - 6/8 Goedecke & Co Mandarin "unrivalled extra hollow ground"
Edge - Tony'schin
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Wk 18 (2).jpg
A very nice bit of sink time this morning.
The LE Simpson Synth has a lot of backbone which is great for picking up soap from a hard soap. It splays well enough for a face lather and produced more than enough for my 2 pass shave.
The edge felt smooth enough, although i could have done with a bit more face prep to soften the stubble more.
Enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
20240428_122447.jpg
My Artisinal April Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Yaqi Bali synthetic.
Soap Stirling Black Ice.
Razor Merkur Progress.
Blade Silver Star (2)
Bowl Captains choice Obsidian Copper.
Menthol additive Stirling Menthol drops.
Aftershave Stirling Black Ice splash.

Today I warmed up the Black Ice and gave it a good stir to mix up the Menthol, I did let it cool right down and set again before using.
I lathered it up.in the Bowl so I could add the Menthol drops if I thought it still wasn't to my liking and it wasn't. I am not sure why so many people say it's super strong when I would give it a 3 out of 10 and my Master soap creations a solid 9 it's eye watering.
The lather was cooling and nice and slick and the Silver Star blade once again provided a lovely smooth shave in the Progress, I used to only use that razor all the time but sadly it only gets used once in a blue moon.
A cracking razor but I do have a lot better in my Den now.
A great shave complete and a happy chappie all that's left is to say enjoy the day everyone.

Back
Top Bottom