SOTD Saturday 26th September to Friday 2nd October 2020.

Tabac Tuesday

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - Tabac
Brush - Traditional Shave Co Badger
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Personna Red (1)
Post - Moisturiser

A nice shave today. Not sure if I had two and a half or three and half passes. I got distracted and wasn't sure on one of them. Looked at the lather and decided there was still too much if I was on my final pass.

IMG_8101.jpg

29/09/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap: Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor: 5/8 Thiers Issard Evide Sonnant - Red Stamina
Edge by: @Fergiebilly
Post shave: Cold water splash, L'oreal Ice Impact
Balm: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Proraso Red
Wk 40 4 Tues.JPG
A much better shave than yesterday, Close and smooth.
DFS result from my 2 pass shave routine.
The Proraso post shave balm and splash enhancing the scent left by the Stirling Co. soap.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Vintage pewter and glass…

Software
: Glyce Lime soap pre-wash | Edwin Jagger Limes & Pomegranate shaving soap | Extro Cosmesi Lavanda Muschio AS

Hardware: English Pewter Company 1914 scuttle | EPC 1914 Silver Tip Badger | EJDE89 + Gillette Nacet on Timeless Titanium

Jug1.jpg

This is a great hard soap from EJ…a nice fresh but not overpowering scent. The puck fits perfectly into the scuttle but with this brush I had to put it into a slightly larger bowl for lathering. I've used a couple of my badger hair brushes recently and however good synthetics have become it is nice to go back to traditional brushes every now and then:)

The Lavanda Muschio goes very well with this type of fruity shaving soap(y)

(BTW the bottles in the pic are not just for show...they all contain actual shaving products that I use: Witch Hazel, Glycerine, and 'Tend Skin')

Enjoy the rest of the day and most of all stay safe all(y);):)

Date:- 29 September 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike's Natural ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Silver Blue #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5)

Tue 29th Sept

RR400.SE-Plissoft noir
Vitos Super Red
Occam-Hiram / 2 dot
Feather Pro [ 3 ]
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

First time in 4 years that I have gone without a Shave for Two Days. All in a good cause - I got rid of a Computer years ago in favour of Lap Top, decided that I should be able to use Lap Top at proper desk rather than computer desk,where I cannot get my legs under. So needed to clear desk of Razors/Blades stored on Shelves,and find new homes. Cleared loads of brush/soap boxes from Razor Bureau . Yesterday got new desk and spent hours assembling and positioning it with essential items. So nice to sit properly with feet under desk. rather than sitting sideways.
Was good to have a Shave, first pass was a bit harsh then normal- so good to be clean Shaven.

New Work Area.
IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

Last edited:
Tuesday AM 2020-09-29
National Confucius Day
W4ODue8.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/50)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna shaving soap (vintage)
Carbon Damascus/Tibam Antique Brass
Wilkinson London Bridge (2)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna aftershave (vintage)
mkyW6Ad.jpg

29 September

Martin de Candre Original
Cadman M55 30mm Tuxedo
MÜHLE Rocca + Ikon handle
Personna med prep
Clinique post-shave soother

835D1E2B-E83F-4EB8-908A-BA6DE1F9B915.jpeg

This Cadman brush is a fantastic lather machine. Definitely a favourite brush. Clinique post-shave soother is a first class after shave balm, very light, which goes nicely with the MdC soap. A very pleasant two pass shave with the Rocca head and Ikon handle, comfortable and close.

Can I be bothered with a theme? I guess my shave needs one so I will theme it 'Linchpin'

IMG_20200929_202145.jpg

Straight in to a song

A very important razor - Brass Colonial General
You are that blade - Feather Super Professional
Can't do without you cream - Murdock's Avalon
Director of Brushing - Silver Birch 30mm Cashmere
The critical scent - Hermes concentre d'orange verte

Linchpin - a person or thing vital to an enterprise or organization.

In this case the brass General and a very nice 'welcome back' performance. If I could choose a single razor which will always deliver with little chance of collateral damage, this would be the baby. As smooth as buggery and utterly incapable of inticing bad language to be uttered over the sink. A fucking brilliant piece of great shit. Making up for the lack of expletives being exercised during the shave.

Murdock's Avalon? I still swear this has to be one of the greatest creams to grace planet shave. Marshmallows you can shave with? Sounds good to me.

Shaving cream in a coffee?
Oh my God!
No way!
I don't want to be a grown-up

An absolute top class shave with stunning results.
OMG! You've shaved your todger as well!?
That's the brass General for you
Is that what you call it?

Be well and safe you folk of the forum. A shave wouldn't be a shave without some Japanese ladies to see you out. So being the end of the day you can have some of those two gusset flirting girls better known as 'We are Bed In'. Probably a mistranslation in there somewhere but who cares?

Back
Top Bottom