SOTD Saturday 26th September to Friday 2nd October 2020.

Tony
If a Razor Comes Off the Hones Tuggy then the Issue is Probably the Bevel NOT Being Set Right Off the 1 K Hone..It Should Shave Arm Hair from the 1 K Stone..French Razors Can Have Notoriously Hard Steel..Also Take Extra Care Whilst Going through the Progression..(y)

They Can Take a Moment to Bevel Set Compared to Other Razors.. :p

Happy Honing..:cool:

Billy
Thanks for the info Billy, I did wonder what had gone wrong, when I originally honed it on the cheapy set I managed to get a better shave from it.
Every days a school day as they say.
I will go again with it taking more care.
T

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Schlemper Solingen Full Hollow 6/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Vitos Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Shave Tonight With My Schlemper Solingen 6/8th..A Lovely Uber Close Shave from this Generous Sized 6/8th Blade..
;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth and Refreshed..
:angelic007:

Billy..
:chores016:

Yes, Ampulla is a good place to buy lots of medicine/toiletry type containers and bottles...they don't do vintage though if that's what you were looking for.
The bottles being actual vintage - was for me - not important - in fact - I didn't want that - I was looking for packaging for home-made liquid soap. So needed industry standard, brand new - available in multiples easily. Ruled out ultimately - as they are - relatively - heavy, fragile and prone to leak in the post. I went for brown glass with a pump dispenser - for my need - a much better option. The apothecary bottles do look cool as. :) . I.

The bottles being actual vintage - was for me - not important - in fact - I didn't want that - I was looking for packaging for home-made liquid soap. So needed industry standard, brand new - available in multiples easily. Ruled out ultimately - as they are - relatively - heavy, fragile and prone to leak in the post. I went for brown glass with a pump dispenser - for my need - a much better option. The apothecary bottles do look cool as. :) . I.
Yup...I bought dark glass bottles and plastic and glass ampules from Ampulla for meds storage as well as travel stuff (hygiene, shaving etc). Very good source for anything like that, and well priced.

Tue 29 SOTD
Soap Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Parker SemiSlant head on a Yaqi Handle
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless #4
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Excellent soap! Really nice scent, good creaminess and slickness. Loading directly for 20secs with quite a dry brush and then face lathering was a great feeling and pleasure.
Shave with razor paired with blade was perfectly smooth and comfortable. Did not feel tugging during the 3+1 passes. BBS mostly. Unexpected weeper on the chin. Post & Aftershave was great...especially the GentsGin. Very good shave. Rating 9/10
20200929_112950.jpg

SOTD : 29th September 2020.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Wilko Men's shave Oil.

Brush : Omega 48.

Face Lather.

Soap : Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks (Grated)

Blade: Indian Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock Super Platinum. (3)

Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ P&G ~ Old Spice Classic ASL.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Everything in my shave set up worked together superbly this morning resulting in a enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
bwwxj9h.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Right Handed Giant
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (8)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Proraso Green Aftershave Splash
Scent: Alvarez Gomez Barbaria EdC

Great lather and a cracking shave.

29/9/20

Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Vitos Red
Razor - 1972 Sportsman Tech/Yaqi Brass Handle
Blade - Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum (5)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Cool Kick Balm
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

My lather wasn't as thick as I usually like but it seemed to work in the favour, but the results were superb.

Impressed with the blade as well, 5th shave and no signs of the performance diminishing.

Have a good day gents.

Back
Top Bottom