SOTD : SATURDAY 26TH OCTOBER - FRIDAY 1 NOVEMBER 2019

The Blackbird & I have never really gotten on and it was getting close to getting sold on, but tonight, I don't if it was the soap, the blade or a combination of the two, a cracking shave...

191030_sotd-jpg.57147

Wednesday 30th October
Alpha Outlaw - Williams mug soap - RazoRock ECO - ½ Shark Super Stainless - Alum - Electrif's Bay Rum - Aloe Vera Gel
FT0asXH.jpg

On a generous loan from Brian @culcreuch.
I used a fresh ½ Shark blade as I've had good shaves with them in the past with the Rocnel. To be honest it was a fair shave, with 3 passes. Nothing really to shout about. In fact my face does feel rather tender post shave.
Hoping for better results next time.
That is a fantastic sotd picture - cheers - I.

I reached for the R41 (2013). I have a lot of love for this razor and don't understand the fear that surrounds it.
Good point well made - an undeserved reputation for automatically drawing claret - the earlier version was even more unforgiving - granted - this will happen if you don't know what you are doing with it - or any other razor for that matter - and you don't have your technique sussed - step up to the plate - ever tried the Cobra Classic? A razor that does - in some ways - still scare me - get it right - it will give you the best shave of your life - get it wrong - and you may well hack your nose off accidentally. Ha ha ha. If you haven't used one and fancy trying it - pm me - and I can lend you mine - if you want to see what it is like. Very definitely a step up from the R41. Be afraid - very afraid. Yours - I.

Last edited:
1E29F201-82D3-4558-B0E9-92F17604E379.jpeg

Had a wonderful shave today with one of my favorite razors, the Ever Ready Streamline. It delivered its usual smooth and efficient shave.

SOTD 10/30/19

Ever Ready Streamline
Pella SS Gem PTFE blade
Cold water rinse followed by PAA'sCharcoal/Menthol Preshave Soap
WCS Best Badger Brush
Kapo Menthol Shave Cream
Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel finished w/ Aqua Velva (Spanish Version)

Date:- 31 October 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / Astra Superior Stainless #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

SOTD : 31st October 2019.

b.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Original Source ~ Fresh Water Mint & Guarana Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Semogue 1470.

Face Lather.

Soap: Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.

Blade: Derby Premium.(2)

Razor: Parker 99R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Old Spice ~Original ASL.

Nivea Men ~ Anti-Irritation After Shave Lotion.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave.

With experimentation you discover which shaving items work well together, the parker 99r/derby premium duo was a superb match, the heft of the razor & smoothness of the blade made my early morning shave a very enjoyable comfortable experience.This week derby premium blade has performed wonderfully with each shave, it's certainly restored my faith in adding derby blades again to my de blade rotation.

A wonderfully smooth 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

I'm now set up for the day offerings,& most importantly for this evening when wolverines, Michael Myers, witches,werewolfs,mother-in-laws, zombies, vampires, frankensteins, mummys, beatlejuices, batmans, batgirls, Jokers, neanderthals, freddy kruegers,chuckys,Jason Voorhees will all be knocking on the door.

i've got a boat load of goodies waiting for them all ...We're all big kids at heart arn't we, ..even if some of use won't admit it.

To think when i was kid we had a carved out turnip with a candle in it of which we all thought was very scary & cool..Great days.

Enjoy your halloween & have a spooky one, ladies & gentlemen. ;)

PS: Most importantly do keep yours pets safe this evening away from harm and horrible callous illegitimates.:mad:

Good point well made - an undeserved reputation for automatically drawing claret - the earlier version was even more unforgiving - granted - this will happen if you don't know what you are doing with it - or any other razor for that matter - and you don't have your technique sussed - step up to the plate - ever tried the Cobra Classic? A razor that does - in some ways - still scare me - get it right - it will give you the best shave of your life - get it wrong - and you may well hack your nose off accidentally. Ha ha ha. If you haven't used one and fancy trying it - pm me - and I can lend you mine - if you want to see what it is like. Very definitely a step up from the R41. Be afraid - very afraid. Yours - I.
Thank you Iain. I may take up your kind offer in the future. I'm still yet to lose my SE virginity and have an ER1912, Hawk V2, SS General, Supply V1 and Schick L to use first (yep, a bout of RAD earlier in the year!).

I'd probably call myself a fan of mid-road aggression, or Mr Average. I enjoy the Rex on #2-2.5, a Gillette adjustable on 5-6, the GC 0.84 and the EJ 3one6.

Pre-shave:- Argan Oil Soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Vintage Earthenware shaving bowl
Brush:- Badger
Soap/Cream:- Palmolive shave stick, first pass, Cowshed for the second
Razor/Blade:- Wilkinson DE Classic and Dorco (4)
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter/Lotion
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Shave number 4 with the Wilkinson and a Dorco blade from Sainsburys.

Previous shave with this combination, apart from the argan oil soap, felt really rough, not good at all. Today I went back to using the soap and smoothness returned.

Back
Top Bottom