SOTD : SATURDAY 26TH OCTOBER - FRIDAY 1 NOVEMBER 2019

Thur 31st Oct.

Omega 11126 boar
P & B Citrs Royale
ATT SE1 / Windrose handle
Feather Proguard [ 7 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Have now tried the Proguard in 6 different Razors, and each time the shaves have been very comfortable, each with an ultra close all round finish being attained without any problems. In fact I am so pleased with the Blade that I have ordered some more from Rakuten. They funnily enough can be found as " Feather anti-fingerprint" :):(

IMG_0210.jpg

Last edited:
Thursday AM 2019-10-31

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 3/3 Ebony Finest (26/66)
Martin de Candre shaving soap
Wolfman WR1-OC Half-Polished/Triad Polished-Satin Diamond Titanium
Wizamet Super Iridium (8)
Armani Acqua di Giò aftershave
Q7WfLau.jpg

0avplkq.jpg

31/10/2019
Pre: A nice hot shower
Brush: Alpha Titanium Outlaw G4
Soap: Arran Machrie
Razor: Colonial General
Blade: Feather PB (12)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Lotion & Arran Machrie Balm
Aftershave: Arran Machrie

Thurs.JPG

Another great lather from the Arran soap, today, a nice hot shower while the soap bloomed.
The Blade is most definitely on its way out and 3 passes required for my normal face feeler finish. I could have give it another run out, but Hey!, 12 shaves from 1 blade is pretty awesome, even for me. No need to push my luck.
The General V2 performed impeccably, its just so easy to use.
The post shave routine gave some indication from the block, after the rinse i calmed everything down with a face massage with the Barts Balm lotion, i let it sink in while i cleaned the tools. a good dollop of Balm finishing with a splash of the Machrie aftershave, all very nice.
Have a great evening All

Last edited:
Thursday 31st October

Lea Shave Stick
YaqI 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Karve SB C plate
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Floid Mentolado Vigoroso AS

Maiden shave with my new Karve razor.
I took one look at the blade exposure and wondered if I would get on ok with it. I needn't have worried - it felt very safe in use
Ever so smooth, but without the glide I'm used to with chrome plated or polished stainless razors - this can be forgiven though for the way that it shaves.
My usual two pass WTG/ATG routine has left me mostly BBS, not bad for my first run out with a new razor.
I opted for the C plate to err on the side of caution, but I might invest in the D plate at some point.
Finished with Mentally Vigorous and I'm fully refreshed and very smooth faced once more

Last edited:
Sotd-31-10-19.jpg

Sotd - Thursday the 31st of October -

prep - Bulldog facial scrub
razor - Schick O Type clone
blade - vintage Schick single (2)
brush - Semogue 2000 boar
soap - Saponificio Varesino - Tundra Artica - vegetarian
post - witch hazel
a/s - Old Spice
balm - La Toja classic.

Result - just lovely.

Cold day - hot shower & shave - cold drink. Perfect - enjoy your evening and shaves - yours - I.

Friday 1st November

Clubman Shave Butter (Pre Shave)
Cyril R. Salter Shaving Soap (Tallow)
Simpson Eagle G3 Badger Brush
TNNSER 3D with a GEM SS PTFE Blade (#10)
Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber
Dove Moisturiser
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

After 10 shaves....the blade performance is starting to drop off. I have never had as many shaves from a single GEM Blade and I can't remember when I last had 10 consecutive shave with the same razor. It is time for a change tomorrow!
3 passes for a DFS+ finish:)

1 November

Fine Platinum
Simpson Chubby 2 Manchurian
Rockwell 6S (R4)
Gillette Silver Blue
Fine Platinum asl

DBB5EA99-2391-4340-BA35-1AF867AD47CD.jpeg

A very good shave this morning. The Simpson brush produced a superb lather with the Fine soap, and the Rockwell razor and Gillette blade made an excellent job of a two pass shave, close and smooth.

Back
Top Bottom