Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown
Soap: Signature Soaps Leodis
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Osma Alum
ASB: CK Eternity
Scent: CK Eternity

View attachment 48651

3 days of growth to take down so I reached for the R41 (2013). I have a lot of love for this razor and don't understand the fear that surrounds it. I've always had a great shave from it with minimal alum feedback. Today was no different.

The Leodis is a lovely smelling soap from Signature Soaps and will appeal to those who like Hibernia and Coria. A single load provided more than enough slick lather for 3 passes. Based on the performance of Brian's other soaps, I'm not surprised this one performed as well as it did and I'm similarly expecting the others I've recently purchased to perform just as well.
Thanks for your support
Regards Brian

Last night's shave...
IMG_20191029_190938__01.jpg

Carbon Shaving Co Cx
Gillette Silver Blue
Zenith Manchurian
Ariana and Evans Which One's Pink?
BBA Aftershave Balm*

*You know it's going to be bad news if you see me list BBA aftershave balm…..

Received my tub of A&E Which One's Pink yesterday. Having read rave reviews I was looking forward to trying it. The scent wasn't very strong, something A&E are usually renowned for plus the scent itself was a bit muddled?

Having watched a number of YouTube videos I knew this was a rich and thirsty base so I didn't load for very long. I started to bowl lather and it went stringy, which I've seen with a few other soaps. I added a healthy amount of water and it didn't take long for it to come together. The soap had a very high shine with a thick consistency. Things were starting to look up…

I started painting the lather on and within a couple of minutes my face started to burn. I should have really stopped but I'd got a bowl full of lather.
Performance wise the soap was really good and I do mean really, really good. Cushion and slickness was excellent. I couldn't give a definitive answer with regards Post Shave Feel as I rinsed my face and applied *BBS aftershave balm ASAP. BBS aftershave balm is a miracle worker in these sort of situations.

The finished results were patchy due to me rushing the shave. I've already gifting the soap to someone else.

Laters
Rob

And after three days of a shaving drought I finally managed to have some time off home and some shower room time. So for this evening my shave brought with it the theme 'My Favourite things'

View attachment 48647

So come on folk you all know the song. Put on your best Alpine dresses, spread your arms wide and sing sing sing

View attachment 48649

Tap drops on noses
And whiskers on faces
Bright stainless Generals and warm flannel graces
Kai Captain blades and the joy that they bring
These are a few of my favourite thing(s)

Carbon coloured Cadman and Miles Per Hour initials
Artificial bristles, all bells and whistles
All to shift bristles
Signature soap in silver screw top tins
These are a few of my favourite things

Scents in glass bottles from Banana Republic
Gorgeous orange fragrance that drifts through the public
Silver-white bristles that fall in to sinks

When the blade bites
When your face stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favourite things
Have a great shave and then I don't feel bad

Witch Hazel on faces and whiskers down sink
Happy smiling face and all clean and pink
Oh for the pleasure a good shave brings
of my favourite things

So yeh a great shave. Feeling smoother than Julie Andrews bottom and sweeter than an Alpine meadow (and certainly more orange)

And if you think I am going to sign off with a full rendition of the song sang by the rather delightful Maria then you are sadly mistaken. A few of my favourite things? They have to include some Japanese metal ladies and so I end my SOTD with some Mary's Blood

Have a most wonderful second part of the week you of this bristle removing community and I hope you find equal solace in some of your favourite things.......and don't forget the Alpine looking dresses
Certainly not a case of Idleverse, Idleverse.....

And after three days of a shaving drought I finally managed to have some time off home and some shower room time. So for this evening my shave brought with it the theme 'My Favourite things'

View attachment 48647

So come on folk you all know the song. Put on your best Alpine dresses, spread your arms wide and sing sing sing

View attachment 48649

Tap drops on noses
And whiskers on faces
Bright stainless Generals and warm flannel graces
Kai Captain blades and the joy that they bring
These are a few of my favourite thing(s)

Carbon coloured Cadman and Miles Per Hour initials
Artificial bristles, all bells and whistles
All to shift bristles
Signature soap in silver screw top tins

Scents in glass bottles from Banana Republic
Gorgeous orange fragrance that drifts through the public
Silver-white bristles that fall in to sinks

When the blade bites
When your face stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favourite things
Have a great shave and then I don't feel bad

Witch Hazel on faces and whiskers down sink
Happy smiling face and all clean and pink
Oh for the pleasure a good shave brings
of my favourite things

So yeh a great shave. Feeling smoother than Julie Andrews bottom and sweeter than an Alpine meadow (and certainly more orange)

And if you think I am going to sign off with a full rendition of the song sang by the rather delightful Maria then you are sadly mistaken. A few of my favourite things? They have to include some Japanese metal ladies and so I end my SOTD with some Mary's Blood

Have a most wonderful second part of the week you of this bristle removing community and I hope you find equal solace in some of your favourite things.......and don't forget the Alpine looking dresses
Certainly not a case of Idleverse, Idleverse.....

SOTD 20191030.
3249ad5.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (white).
J&T® katalox / OUMO Brush imitation silvertip synth.
St. James of London "Lavender&Geranium" schaving cream.
Rockwell 6S R5 only / Stork Ti "Taipan" handle.
Personna Platinum Chrome (2).
St. James of London "Lavender&Geranium" Post-Shave Gel.

Wednesday 30th October
Alpha Outlaw - Williams mug soap - RazoRock ECO - ½ Shark Super Stainless - Alum - Electrif's Bay Rum - Aloe Vera Gel
FT0asXH.jpg

On a generous loan from Brian @culcreuch.
I used a fresh ½ Shark blade as I've had good shaves with them in the past with the Rocnel. To be honest it was a fair shave, with 3 passes. Nothing really to shout about. In fact my face does feel rather tender post shave.
Hoping for better results next time.

Wednesday 30th October
Alpha Outlaw - Williams mug soap - RazoRock ECO - ½ Shark Super Stainless - Alum - Electrif's Bay Rum - Aloe Vera Gel
FT0asXH.jpg

On a generous loan from Brian @culcreuch.
I used a fresh ½ Shark blade as I've had good shaves with them in the past with the Rocnel. To be honest it was a fair shave, with 3 passes. Nothing really to shout about. In fact my face does feel rather tender post shave.
Hoping for better results next time.
I think it is quite fussy about the blade used.

Thursday 30th October

Clubman Shave Butter (Pre Shave)
OSP Orange and Patchouli Shaving Soap
JR 128 Synthetic Shaving Brush
TNNSER 3D Razor with a GEM SS PTFE Blade (#8)
Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber
Aloe Vera Gel
Pashana AS

This Razor/Blade combination keeps on delivering. It was more of a DFS+ today so I think I may have to up the number of passes to 3 for tomorrow. Normally I change a GEM blade after 5 shaves but I am curious as to how far I can push it.

Williams Wednesday-30th Oct.

TheGrosvenor [ 404-mixed ]
Williams Mug soap
Claymore V1 / Ikon Handle
Feather Proguard [ 6 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Today the Proguard was in the Claymore, again it worked well. Shave very comfortable and a great all round close finish. Not a fun day ringing round utilities for a friend who is moving, the press 1,2 3 - then a wait to speak to someone you cannot hear or understand. Also took friend to the bank, and while waiting thought people were dealt with quicker when they had tellers and less machines,

IMG_0205.jpg

30/10/2019
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Faux Horsehair
Soap: Arran Machrie
Razor: Colonial SS General V2
Blade: Feather PB (11)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Lotion & Arran Machrie Balm
Aftershave: Arran Machrie

Wed.JPG

Another fantastic shave today,
I usually face lather with the faux horsey Yaqi, however, today i bowl lathered in my little Turkish copper bowl. I could not keep the lather in there, lots of lovely lightly scented goodness.
3 passes today for the required finish and i am starting to hear the bristles being cut on the ATG pass, its still very smooth though.
I will chance 1 more shave with the blade tomorrow.
So, Cue ball smooth, feeling and smelling just dandy.
Have a great evening All

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom