SOTD : Saturday 26th May - Friday 1st June 2018.

Sunday 27th May

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Klar Kabinett Soap
Omega 10098 Boar Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Yaqi Scalloped Bar Razor on a Windrose Damascus Steel Handle
Permasharp Blade
Witch Hazel
Organic Rosewater and Glycerine Moisturiser
Agua de Rosas Cologne

Thunderstorms outside...so I tried to brighten things with a Summer shave!
3 Passes and I am super smooth and relaxed:)

Sunday

Vitos Red
Semogue 1470
Face lather
Feather Artist Club SS Kamisori
Feather Professional
Alum
Thayer's Cucumber and Aloe Vera
Proraso M&E after shave

I'm pleased a bought roughly a kilo of Vitos Red a good while back; since it may become scarce. More than enough left for a good while though.

A nice relaxing shave today; the AC hadn't been out for a while and, whilst there wasn't a great deal of whiskers after yesterday's 1924 outing, I'm nice and smooth. Without tempting the Claret gods to curse me, I think my technique's good enough with the Feather to avoid hypovolaemia.

I always say that 2 passes (with and across) is plenty with this razor, but I can't resist an ATG. Our shaving forefathers would probably baulk but, hey ho.

Last edited:
41483347855_962e6e97ef_z.jpg

Vreto Almond V4 ~ Yaqi Purple Haze ~ Gillette Rocket HD ~ Nivea 2-Phase

Another day, another Vreto... Was supposed to be the turn of 'Mystic woods' but changed my mind at the last minute and went for almond in the old V4 formula as the scent was just so enticing on this warm day. Performance was good but not as good as V5, the lather reminded me of Proraso - That's the best way I can put it and hopefully conveys exactly what it was like! Scent was very pleasant, nothing like any almond I've tried before... No marzipan level sweetness as is common with the Italian croaps or bitter quinine of the D.R. Harris interpretation, just a slightly sweet clean soapy smell... If Goran had named it 'Cotton fresh' like a fabric conditioner I wouldn't have questioned it one bit :D

Last edited:
ctwObY5a_o.jpeg

Yaqi Mysterious Space
Rockwell 6S
Voskhod (2)
The Traditional Shaving Company Sensitive Shaving Cream
Nivea 2 Phase

A few days off shaving and decided to have a pick me up shave today after being riddled with flu this week and the football last night (gutted but still a proud red). I used to love Voskhod blades but recently have gone off them, I much prefer Supermax these days. A great shave without incident and lovely and smooth and feeling a bit better.

I may need some shaving retail therapy to perk up a bit ;)

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Supermax Stainless
Brush: PAA Green Ray
Soap: Norse Bergamot

Not sure on the blade today, it seems generally okay but some slight irritation. Could be my skin causing issues so will give it another try. Nearly out of my Bart's Balm so need to buy some more. It really is good stuff and fantastic value for money, undecided on whether to buy balm or lotion.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Declaration Grooming Trimegistus
Razor: Wilkinson Sword "Sticky"
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Scent: Acqua di Parma Colonia

No photo, as a quick shave prior to heading off for a work assignment. Was impressed again with the Declaration soap - very thick, slick and persistent, with excellent residual slickness, which makes touch-ups a breeze. Three passes plus touch-ups for a BBS result. The post-shave was so good that I felt no need for a balm after the Thayers.

Back
Top Bottom