SOTD : Saturday 26th June to Friday 2nd July 2021.

30 June

B&M Barrister’s Reserve Fern
Razorock 400 Noir
ATT SE1 Calypso
Feather Professional
Clinique post-shave soother

1158D043-2898-4075-BADD-7DF296D7D407.jpeg

That was a close shave! Almost done in one pass, the second was a very light tidy up pass. The Barrister’s Reserve Fern has a very pleasant and quite strong scent, it is also rather thirsty, and it provided a really good lather for this shave. The Clinique balm blended well with it.

30/6/21

Brush - Omega 10075
Soap - Vitos Red Coco
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Minora Stainless (5)
Post - Brut Oceans

One of those days when I just couldn't quite get the lather going, it wasn't a great one.

Not a bad shave in the end though.

The Gillette Minora Stainless is a top tier blade, it's as good as the Nacet, Permasharp etc. One of the best blades from the PPI factory.

I’m really enjoying the Mirra Russ it’s not a loud fill the room scent bomb but it’s certainly long lasting but more of a skin scent..it’s lovely a nice spicyness with a lovely orangey note and something a bit reminiscent of a honey although it’s not honey it’s super nice glad I picked this one up
The reviews on it are quite mixed , but I enjoy it as it last well on my skin and as you say is present but subtle.Is the honey note maybe the Amber ? , I am rubbish with separating scents , for me overall i get spicy and citrus which is a great blend.

The reviews on it are quite mixed , but I enjoy it as it last well on my skin and as you say is present but subtle.Is the honey note maybe the Amber ? , I am rubbish with separating scents , for me overall i get spicy and citrus which is a great blend.
Yes that’s what I thought amber but apparently it doesn’t have any in it but whatever it is I’m picking up on it’s very nice..just opened the Oud this morning to have a sniff and oh my word I absolutely love it thinks it’s just overtaken the Czech and speak 88 for me and hit the number 1 spot, both blind buys and both are wonderful extremely happy

Wednesday 30th June
Cadman Custom - Vintage Old Spice - Stoll Jr. 3D Lather Catcher - GEM Stainless Coated #7 - Old Spice A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
z8atW3l.jpg

The 3d printed Stoll Jr. Certainly lives up to it's lather catcher name. With no clogging, I completed each pass before needing to rinse. Lovely smooth result after a lovely, relaxed set of passes. The baton handle is quite inspired, being very comfortable to hold.
Very happy with the design by Roger Quintero aka SlimGem.

30/06/21
Pre: Shower, Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Ch2 Synth
Soap: Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (5)
Post shave: Cold water splash ,TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Aftershave: Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Wk 26 (13).JPG
A very nice end to Blackland month. Saying that, i will finish off the week with a couple more Blackland shaves, what can i say, i have a soft spot for them. ;) :love:
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Razor = La Criatura Open Comb Double Slant by PAA
Blade = Gillette 7 O’clock Super Stainless ( 1 )
Brush = PAA The Perigrino Roswell Grey Hybrid
Cream = Castle Forbes Lime
Balm = Executive Shaving Citrus Kiss Lime
Splash = Polo By Ralph Lauren.
Brilliant Shave today,
Didn’t really think my face would take it after the experience of the Dart when my face wasn’t ready.
Anyway couldn’t help myself today
my face was still a bit so so but man up and get on with it.
The Razor i really liked the look of
open comb & double slant twist should have had bells ringing in my head but i wasn’t bothered and the result was brilliant.
A 3 Pass BBS with Absolutely no feedback from the Alum.
The Brush was a dream and i genuinely think PAA just have it right
mind you they are mostly copies of vintage brushes.

E0C21953-F332-434F-899F-41BA3ED6F8AA.png

Back
Top Bottom