SOTD: Saturday 26 August - Friday 1 September 2023.

e3d04ed0-2e53-456e-9c39-301a02e288c7-jpg.1709062

My first use of the V12 blade from India. Smooth shaver. More testing will be required.

Monday 28th August

AIL4fc95Cfw8x0Y4-BN3oqzODGEyYFiSffiCxVA404j_kHCn0tqG7WT8NB9EFOBR3seIXKFo2coF6D98iLyLSso-DARC6Rdy8RBtif9gxSE-LkLo7MqGdeC8UIhjQz61KwajU4MsZyLlhJnNVk42EieFKrveug=w800

TFS RasoZero Agrumella Shaving Soap & Omega 10108 Pure Bristle
Ever-Ready 1912 Bathroom Set & GEM by Personna (Stainless/PTFE) (3)
Akcay Tutun Kolonyasi

My setup for this week ...

Much thanks to @donnie_arko for the brush which I used quite regularly and the Cologne which I also use quite regularly, although not necessarily as aftershave. Cheers, pal!

RAZOR: Timeless .95 safety bar SS
BLADE: Polsilver (12)
BRUSH: Yaqi Tuxedo synth
LATHER: MDC sample - citrus (darn thing has lost its scent, unlike its Rose-y sister.
PODCAST: Rich Roll
RESULT: another great BBS shave in a recent run of even less pressure and more soap

A no shit shave this evening and this one arrives themed, 'Constipated'

20230828_204814.jpg

Full of bricks - Muhle R89
Bunged up - Polsilver Lodz
Backed up - PAA Pelegrino
Train not exiting the tunnel - Veritas Vincent
Glycerol suppository - L'Occitane Cade balm

Met the grandkids this afternoon for tea and tab nabs in a garden centre cafe and Zuzu the youngest had been constipated since the morning.

"Granddad take me to the toilet, I need a wee wee"

"No problem little one. Come on"

5 minutes later we returned when she screams across the cafe...

"Mummy, mummy! You are going to be really proud of me. I've just had a big big poo!"

The place went silent then burst out laughing. Well done Zuzu, the next big comedienne. The little shit.

'Jesus! Has Satan just crawled out!?"

'Always my love'

Keep it simple, keep it effective, keep it quick, make it the R89. What a smashing shave and just what my skin needed. Nothing angry, nothing wanting to slash you to shreds and nothing trying its best to cause collateral. Let's be honest if you can cut yourself with an 89 then it is because you have removed the blade and placed it inside a rubber mask. Sounds good to me. Beats the aqualung and flippers of the other night.

The Veritas has to be the best lemon scented soap I have come across. Startling aroma and just happens to be a pretty damn fine soap at the same time.

Happy and as I said, a no shit shave

It can only be...

SOTD: 29th August 2023.

15.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Goodfellas Smile Abysso Shaving Soap.
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium. (D1)
Razor: Yingjili Tech head + Schmidt R10 Handle.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Goodfellas Smile Abysso ASL. /Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning face & head shave,

The schmidt R10 handle paired together with the Yingjili Tech head makes a wonderful Frankentech. The extra weight of the R10 handle gives a good additional heft, making a non-aggressive yet efficient duo.

Fourth outing of the Goodfellas' Smile Abysso Shaving Soap & ASL duo which provided me with another exceptional shave the lathering performance of the shaving soap is superb providing a great slick protective wonderfully scented lather in a short space of time. The matching ASL finishes the shave off excellently.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD: 29/08/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 8th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Balm: Nishman 2in1 Cream And Cologne Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your day!

Last edited:
29 August

Sterling Campania
Yaqi Dandelion
Gillette Adjustable E4 (5)
Personna med prep
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

E788B44E-091D-4637-82BA-99BDFA106159.jpeg
A perfect little two pass shave this morning, reminding me of how easy life was before the boar. The Yaqi cashmere knot made fast work of creating a luxurious lather and the Fatboy made fast work of removing the same. I had a close and very comfortable shave almost without thinking.

Tuesday 29 August
Staying with adjustables, today Rex Ambassador. This razor definitely has presence, it’s extremely well made and weighty, certainly compared with my vintage Gillette adjustables. It too will be around for decades, like the Gillettes.
Blade was a Mercur Super, the only one that I have and not sure how I came by it, but on second use it performed extremely well, cutting smooth and slick. Saponificio soap again today but this time Tundra Artica, I love these products from SV, subtle scents and creamy smooth.
Spalted beach handled synthetic, hand made by a pal was my brush of choice today.
2 passes on setting 3, plus minimal pick ups was enough for a bbs finish.
Have an enjoyable day fellas!

IMG_0261.jpeg

Razor: Alpha Outlaw Evolution Ti
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: Chisel & Hound Fanchurian (not pictured)
Soap: PAA Good Vibrations
Splash: PAA Good Vibrations

Mail call shave for the long awaited Alpha Outlaw Evolution Ti. It was definitely worth the wait @Alpha Shaving Works has knocked it out the park with this one. The shiniest razor in my den and maybe even the lightest. The soap picked itself as my favourite summer scent.

4 days of growth awaited the Outlaw and it was a dream to use. 3 passes and BBS. Looking forward to the next shave already!
IMG_4179.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom