SOTD : Saturday 25 th - Friday 31th May 2019

This was the thrift shop miracle that Mrs S found for us. Completely unprompted by me and for a whopping $14.99! A cased 48-51 Gillette Aristocrat and the cleanest I own! First shave with it today and the blade of choice was the Gillette Silver Blue...of course.

Soap of choice was B&M Tuesday with the matching AS splash. The Chubby 2 was superb!

Three pass BBS glory achieved. What an incredible piece of history, looker and shaver! Thanks Mrs S!!!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat 1948-50
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Pre-Shave: The Real Shave Co. - Oil
Lather: Barrister & Mann Tuesday
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Tuesday
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
AD1557C3-E02B-4D1E-AF28-24D75CC0CAC4.jpeg9A165634-5A8B-4E72-9CF7-16FACC49FD46.jpeg

SOTD : 30th May 2019.

24.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: AP Shaving Co.~24mm Cashmere Synthetic.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Soap: Monsavon.

Blade: Personna ~ Gem PTFE coated.(3)

Razor: Ever-ready 1912 . (UK)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Benjamins~Mentholated Bay Rum.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

Early morning shave...because i've worked the last few bank holidays at the mill my supervisor has giving me a few extra holidays and days in lieu, so my weekend starts today...Yeah
:thumbup:
!!!

Yesterday evening i was going through my shaving arsenal picking out items for my SOTD set ups for the coming week and realised that my software/hardware was starting to creep upon me again , after adding a few new 'not really need shaving related items'....So after much thought, 'yet again' i've decided to have another ruthless den clean out with items that are just gathering dust, which i've totally neglected and know with all honesty i won't ever use....This is what happens when you buy things on impulse, i've only myself to blame,no one else.

I've separated them all, to be passed on to family & friends,which will to be put to good use.I feel much better for doing so...My intentions now are to use all that remains in my shaving den more often than i should, and most importanly no more impulsive buying with shaving related items.

All my SOTD's throughout the week have been consistantly good,my shave this morning was no exception..

The vintage ever-ready SE razor are such a joy to shave with once you become familiar with them, granted there is a learning curve with them. 'like any other razor, having to adjust and find your shaving angle take a few shaves, but with patience & shaving confidence your rewarded with some sublime error-free silky smooth shaves.

I've enjoyed bowl lathering throughout the week, it takes longer to create a lather but it's worth the effort and time to be rewarded with a great lather.As always the monsavon soap created a superb slick lather for my shave leaving a equally post shave feel...Fantastic soap which i highly recommend to anyone who hasn't yet tried it.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups bbs shave. with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.
;)
;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.
:cool:
:cool:

image.jpeg

Shave Of The Day. 30th May

Prep ~ Shower, Aleppo soap
Razor ~ Carbon Shaving Co - Cx 316L
Blade ~ Lodz, Poland. Polsilver
Soap ~ Eufros ~ Zanzibar
Brush ~ Semogue 2012 LE Badger & Boar
Post ~ Bart's - Cinnamon & Patchouli aftershave lotion
Scent ~ Panama 1924 EdT - Boellis

My first shave with this wonderful razor and it gets a big thumbs up from me, super smooth yet super efficient, BBS finnish and a big smile on my face :)

Have a great day people...........P.

This was the thrift shop miracle that Mrs S found for us. Completely unprompted by me and for a whopping $14.99! A cased 48-51 Gillette Aristocrat and the cleanest I own! First shave with it today and the blade of choice was the Gillette Silver Blue...of course.

Soap of choice was B&M Tuesday with the matching AS splash. The Chubby 2 was superb!

Three pass BBS glory achieved. What an incredible piece of history, looker and shaver! Thanks Mrs S!!!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat 1948-50
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Pre-Shave: The Real Shave Co. - Oil
Lather: Barrister & Mann Tuesday
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Tuesday
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
View attachment 44242View attachment 44243
Great find!!!

Thur 30th May

Cyril Salter / Maseto ED. 2Band
Lea Classic soap
PAL InjectoMatic
Schick Proline [ 5 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

This one today lived up to its reputation as being a "Schick Buster", as the the Shave was smooth with an ultra close finish. It confirmed to me that the blade in the E2 used yesterday was past its best.

IMG_0511.jpg

Back
Top Bottom