30/5/19

Razor - Yaqi OC
Blade - Treet 7 Days (3)
Soap - Palmolive
Brush - Omega 10075
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - RSC
AS - Superdrug Sierra Breeze

Same combination of razor and blade as yesterday, and without a doubt the Treet 7 Days is incredibly sharp, one of the sharpest blades I have used. I felt a bit of irritation during the second and third pass when I had the lather on my face, same as yesterday's shave - I think it's down to the blade being sharper than I was expecting. The results however are very good, but I can't see myself buying any more of this particular blade, I'm coming to appreciate I prefer blades that are smooth without being too sharp.

Enjoy the start of the cricket world cup chaps!

30/05/19

Sabre,MS,Sand.jpg
Pre shave prep: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaki Mysterious Space 24mm
Soap: Stirling Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE Stainless steel (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: Barts Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
A/S: OSP Spiced Road

Another great shave with the Sabre tonight.
I decided on a face lather with the Yaqi and Stirling Sandalwood and the brush held enough soap for three passes easily. I am also lengthening my sideburns so I am more comfortable around my jug lugs (especially with the Rocnel).
I Find the Sabre ever so smooth, the weight sliding through the stubble giving a nice soundtrack as he goes, an easy 2 pass shave with a little touch up here and there, Nothing from the block, a nice cold water splash and a rub of witch hazel.
I used the Barts Balm sample pack again and i am starting to really like them, finishing with a splash of OSP Spice Road, which is a great Scented AS.
Another overall success, i am sure my technique is improving and helping the shaves as well as the Blacklands being just brilliant.
Should be a vintage week next week and i may have a couple of maiden shaves in store with some fantastic recently acquired razors Shhhhhh!
Have a great night all

Last edited:
[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Taylor Witness 1000 Sheffield Full Hollow 15/16th
Mason & Pearson Pure Badger
Phoenix & Beau Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Balm

I Had a Late Evening Shave with My Taylor Sheffield 7/8th..My Black Arkansas Surgical Stone has Put a Superbly Keen & Comfortable Edge on the Razor..I Had a Very Close Smooth & Comfortable Shave this Evening with this Shiny Hunk of a Blade..
:p:

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
:drink:

Billy

30/05/19

Brush - Semogue 1800
Pre - Pears Original
Razor - RR Game Changer 0.84
Blade - Sputnik (1)
Soap - TABAC
ASB - Proraso Blue
Scent - 4711

Today I lost my TABAC virginity. I started of using my face to get it wet before rubbing it. The smell wasn't what I expected but I liked it. Things got more slippery until I took hold of my 0.84 tool and got to work.

This is also the first outing for the Semogue and the Sputnik. I've spent a few weeks breaking the Semogue in and it's a really comfortable and effective brush to use. The Sputnik also performed well (unsurprising given it's a PPI blade).

I chased BBS and got it but wow did my face sing when I took the Alum block to it. The balm has done its job though and the 4711 smells lovely.
4cb8f38b970ace7969eaee3d0ebaffc4.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom