SOTD: Saturday 25 November - Friday 1 December 2023.

Tuesday 28th November
GEM Micromatic Clog-pruf - GEM Stainless #5 - Highlander TSR LE 2023 - Vitos Red Super - Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000016740-01.jpg

28 November

SV Felce Aromatica
Simpson Chubby 2
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
SV Felce Aromatica asl

45121954-EBE6-4F7F-86E8-D159829B2CA8.jpeg
Despite my initial misgivings about the Sovereign Fibre knot in this brush being a somewhat generic, it is still a very good brush and it created a wonderful lather with the Saponificio Varesino soap. A very pleasant shave in two passes of the Nodachi.

28/11/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise Synth
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Stirling Spice
Razor - Rex Ambassador / 6/8th Dovo "Best Quality"
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Pinaud Brandy Spice
Wk 48 (4).jpg
20231128_113552.jpg
I tried an edge check today on my Dovo to ensure it was OK. I completed a single pass and it was as smooth as i like, not too keen or harsh. Very nice actually.
I completed the shave with the planned REX for an easy comfortable BBS finish.
Enjoy your day all.

Tuesday 28th November
Early shave but late report chaps. Where does the time go?
So Rockwell 6C on plate 5. Used with a lighter titanium handle. Works ok with the heavier original of course.
Personna Super USA blade.
My very first shave brush but now sporting a re knot badger business end.
Razo Rock Aqua soap in a ceramic pot miniature Dutch milk churn.
Rex 1955 balm.

Very acceptable result without any issues after 2 passes and pick ups. Love this razor, equally the blade and brush. The balm is taking time to get used to. It seems to me to be dominated by the scent of hyacinth, which isn’t really my favourite, with not much of the advertised woodsy notes of vetiver and sandalwood. Have to check with the Boss before taking drastic binning action :ROFLMAO:
Enjoy what’s left of the day fellas!

IMG_0390.jpeg

That’s interesting as i bought some mosquito repellent from Indonesia,
The locals swear by it so i bought a few bottles and that is exactly like Eucalyptus so must be something in it.
Well first shift done & no bites.
was raining a bit tonight so they’ll be out in force later.
Wish i brought Proraso lol

These incense sticks are very effective against flies and mosquitoes.

iu

A story (albeit a very short one at that) from last night's amazing adventures by the sink. This one arrives themed, 'My family and other animal'

20231127_185811.jpg

We once had a cat called Wilson. Thank you. Story over and done with and on to the shave...

Catalytic convertor - Ikon B1
Dogmatic blade - Wizzamet Super Iridium
Sonic the Hedgebrush - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Goldenstriped Soap fish - T&H Apsley
Moist beavers - T&H Grafton balm
'I give you lobsters. You gave me crabs'

Not really that much to shift but still call upon the jungle hacking capable Ikon to do its best (or possibly worse). With the Wizzamet stuck between its cheeks (don't try this at home...or anywhere else for that matter) what could possibly go wrong? Nothing, and nothing did. Much to your dismay. You cruel people. Anything for a bit of titillation eh? 'Satan slits his throat'. Not on this shave folk.

A very nice bit of soap in the Aspley but can't say it is a scent I would rush out and buy the Cologne of. In this case the Grafton balm added a pleasant little hit at the end of shaving duties. Job done. And a very nice job at that. First class finish for a first class chap. Not being me as I could never be considered in such high exultation, so I presume someone has hijacked my SOTD and is writing on my behalf.

We shall see if they end on some select Japanese girlies............

:unsure:......

:unsure:......

A tad early girls, but you are welcome back in 5 months or so

20231128_211728.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Highlander LE Badger brush
Soap Arko.
Razor Stainless Steel Mongoose.
Blade Proline.
Aftershave Signature Lindinis.
Another lovely shave with the Mongoose, a very smooth and efficient razor where one pass is really all that's needed.
I recycled a Signature soaps tub and got rid of the stupidly small red Arko tub. After transferring the soap to the larger tub I set to work lathering it up and boy what a difference having it in a larger tub makes to the lather it creates.
Big shocker of the night was the fact the Mongoose gave me a pleasant head shave with no cuts.
A beautiful shave indeed and finished off with Signature soaps Lindinis aftershave, I smell nearly as awesome as I look.
Have a great evening/day everyone.

SOTD 28 November 2023

Pre-shave:
Hot shower - cold tar soap - followed by cold water splash, Gentleman's Groom Room Pre-Shave Prep+.
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Albion Tallow Shaving Soap.
Brush: Simpsons 2 - Best Badger.
Bowl: Captain's Choice.
Razor: Karve Overlander (SS).
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2).

What a scent from the Albion - on adding water to bloom, soothing notes of bergamot and lavender - which complemented the Pre-Shave Prep+.

A WTG and XTG (L-R and R-L) shave - no issues to report. A lovely smooth shave, BBS, almost effortless with the Overlander.

IMG_0115.jpg

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom