SOTD : Saturday 24th to Friday 30th August

SOTD Tuesday 27th August 2019 PM

Pre-shave - Warm rinse / Nivea Face Wash / Proraso Green pre-shave cream / Hot flannel
Brush - Stirling Soap Company Finest Badger
Soap - Schafmilch Rasierseife soap
Razor / Blade - RazoRock Hawk V2 / Feather Professional
Post-shave - Thayers Cucumber / Xtro Mare aftershave / Boots Freshwood balm

1A9BCFEE-41BA-455A-A056-2452F417564B.jpeg
A really close shave this evening. The Xtro lit my face up but it was that fresh sting. Great finish!

Tuesday evening shave

Palmolive Stick
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Timeless .68 SS Scalloped
Astra SP (2)
L'oreal Birch Sap Balm
Soldado (cheap Sauvage copy) EdC

Quick late evening tidy up shave for a work meeting today
You can't beat the little green stick for ease of use and fuss free performance imo

image.jpeg

Razor ~ Rex - Ambassador
Blade ~ Presonna Med Prep
Soap ~ Panama 1924 - Boellis
Brush ~ Semogue 2018 LE Boar
Scent ~ Panama 1924 EdT - Boellis

Today was the last day of my soap for a week challange, I've really enjoyed using my Panama 1924 and it has given me consistently good lathers and performs very well, a top soap in my book.
I've also been enjoying my Panama 1924 EdT from Boellis so much so that I used the last drop of it today! It's one of my favourites so I must restock soon.
Tomorrow brings a different soap for the next seven days.

Have a nice day folks.......P.

Wed 28th August

Jayaruh Syn. no67
Williams Mug Soap
Schick Type F
Schick "Chick" [ 4 ]
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

The Alu. Handle and its shape make this Razor so tactile that is a delight to Shave with. Though not classed as aggressive, I still have no problems getting a real close all round finish, without the effort required in other Razors. Am sure the lather today helped, the Cheap as Chips Williams is quite amazing.

IMG_0598.jpg

SOTN: 27/08/2019
This duck base is awesome! Fantastic fougere scent with a twist of Amber. Brilliant post shave, no aftershave necessary, however, the scent of the soap paired very well with the Brut.

▫️Grooming Dept Mallard Fougere
▫️MRed Custom Razor
▫️Israeli Personna aka Crystal
▫️Leo Frilot Custom Ever Ready 200 Replica
▫️Brut Aftershave
IMG-20190828-WA0000.jpg

28/08/19
Pre shave prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Omega 63185 Pure Badger
Soap: GFCC Caribbean Lime
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE SS (3)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with a dded oils
Balm: Barts Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Copycat Executive

Sab,GFCC Carib, Omega CL.jpg

Just Perfect.
BBS, comfortable, supple and smelling great, well, i think so. ;)
Have a great Day All

Last edited:
28 August

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Omega 11137
Ikon B1 OSS
Personna Super med prep
Bart's Balm lime oil

B436AB9E-2C1F-412F-A9C8-E33414F0853B.jpeg
A cold water shave with the Mitchell's soap this morning didn't go as well as expected, I don't think the soap, or maybe the brush, responded as well to cold water as it does to warm water. Strange. A reasonable two pass shave was the result, but it is time to bin the med prep after seven good shaves.

SOTD 20190828.

xR87Fgw.jpg

J&T® katalox / OUMO Brush imitation silvertip synth.
St. James of London "Lavender&Geranium" shaving cream.
RazoRock Game Changer GC-OC84 / Stork Ti "Paladin" handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (5).
St. James of London "Lavender&Geranium" Post-Shave Gel.

Wednesday 28th August
Alpha T400 - LEA stick (Original Tallow) - Pal Injectomatic - Vintage Pal #6 - Alum - Blue Stratos A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
fQt4CU6.jpg

The tallow version of LEA marks the end (for the moment) of my stick fest. This shave along with the others have shown me how enjoyable face lathering is using a stick. Especially when the brush knot has good backbone. Today was a good example.
I've also been very impressed with the Injectomatic and vintage Pal blade. From being slightly harsh at first, the blade has matured nicely giving consistently smooth, close shaves. Plus it's definitely got more shaves under it's belt.

Goodbye stick fest, you won't be the last!!!

Back
Top Bottom