SOTD : Saturday 24th to Friday 30th August

Thursday AM 2019-08-29

Dirty Bird Blue Rim on Spice scuttle
Rooney Polo 1 Ivory Finest (24/54)
Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender shaving soap + Coate's Lavender shaving cream (both vintage)
Wolfman WR1-SB Antique Bronze/Darwin
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (7)
Yardley English Lavender aftershave (vintage)
OFrsXkc.jpg

Sotd-29:8.jpg

Sotd - this evening - Thursday the 29th of August

Razor - Merkur 37c
blade - Aussie Spoiler (16)
brush - Yaqi 24mm High Mountain White badger
soap - PAA - Harvest Moon - vegetarian
post - witch hazel
a/s - Nivea - 2 in 1
balm - none needed.

Result - all good.

Five day growth removed without incident. I enjoyed that. For me - the PAA Harvest Moon is an excellent soap - the scent is rich and complex - the makers say this - 'notes of Oud, Green Tobacco, Black Currant, Tobacco Absolute, Hay Absolute, Peru Balsam, Smoke, Spanish Moss, and White Sage' - very nice. I've poured myself a drink and I shall return to my book about catching moles for a couple of hours - the cute furry ones that live underground - not the John Le Carre sort. Enjoy your evening and shaves. Yours - I.

Oh - @Barry Giddens - Caravaggio?

View attachment 46940

Sotd - this evening - Thursday the 29th of August

Razor - Merkur 37c
blade - Aussie Spoiler (16)
brush - Yaqi 24mm High Mountain White badger
soap - PAA - Harvest Moon - vegetarian
post - witch hazel
a/s - Nivea - 2 in 1
balm - none needed.

Result - all good.

Five day growth removed without incident. I enjoyed that. For me - the PAA Harvest Moon is an excellent soap - the scent is rich and complex - the makers say this - 'notes of Oud, Green Tobacco, Black Currant, Tobacco Absolute, Hay Absolute, Peru Balsam, Smoke, Spanish Moss, and White Sage' - very nice. I've poured myself a drink and I shall return to my book about catching moles for a couple of hours - the cute furry ones that live underground - not the John Le Carre sort. Enjoy your evening and shaves. Yours - I.

Oh - @Barry Giddens - Caravaggio?
Absolutely Iain. Good spot mate.

29/08/19

Razor: GC 0.84
Blade: Treet Platinum (2)
Brush: Simpsons Duke 2 Best
Soap: Mondial Tobacco Verde
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: Proraso Green
ASB: Proraso Green

IMG_20190829_203616.jpg

A really nice shave today and a BBS finish. I'm impressed enough with the Treet Platinum to pull the trigger on 100. Sound decision considering my blade stockpile has probably dropped to 20 years worth! I know YMMV considerably with blades but these seem to act just like a GSB for me - my favourite blade. There could be a new contender for that spot!

The first use of the Game Changer in a few months and I had forgotten what a good razor this is.

Todays Shave

Preshave: Heno de Pravia
Soap: MDC - Original
Razor: Paradigm Ti2
Brush: MDM Cadman Synthetic 24mm
Blade: Rapira – Swedish Supersteel
Splash: Star Noir
Balm: Barts Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
EDT: CopyCat Executive

A Celebration shave with many of my favourites item, we exchanged our contracts on our house sale and purchase so very relieved to get that done.

IMG_0072.jpg

Preshave: Heno de Pravia
Soap: MDC - Original
Razor: Paradigm Ti2
Brush: MDM Cadman Synthetic 24mm
Blade: Rapira – Swedish Supersteel
Splash: Star Noir
Balm: Barts Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
EDT: CopyCat Executive

A Celebration shave with many of my favourites item, we exchanged our contracts on our house sale and purchase so very relieved to get that done.

View attachment 46942
[/QUOTE]
Nice one Russ. Really pleased that bit is done for you and yours.
T

Well, well today I reached for a special razor in the collection my 1969 Gillette Super Adjustable or “Super 84”. Not only is it a minty, cased example but also my birth year razor! Loaded up with Gillette Nacet and enjoyed a truly smooth shave.

The Santa Maria del Fiore Firenze by RazoRock is truly a late Summer early Fall scent. Smoky wild flowers with a hint of tobacco. Great lather and a real pleasure to use. Bowl lathered today and the SilkSmoke did a great job of getting all going.

Lovely three pass DFS was all that was required. Hard to believe the razor is almost 50! The fat, old guy wielding it isn't too bad either.

Have fun and safe travels!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable 1969
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: APShave Co. 24mm Silk Smoke
Lather: Santa Maria del Fiore Sapone da Barba
Aftershave: Santa Maria del Fiore Lozione Dopo-barba
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
John Varvatos Dark Rebel

2503361D-0D7D-4BD7-948A-CEA47F0D8D12.jpeg

image.jpeg

Razor ~ Pils 101NE
Blade ~ Personna Med Prep
Soap ~ Cyril R Salter - Lavender
Brush ~ Brad Sears - Gonzo
Frag - Crabtree & Evelyn - Lavender & Espresso EdT

A fantastic shave from the Pils 101NE paired with a Personna Med Prep blade, super smooth, efficient and a joy to use!
The C R Salter shave soap certainly punches above its price point giving a rich creamy protective lather with a light lavender scent, one to try if you have not already done so.

Wishing you all a fab Friday :) P.

Back
Top Bottom