SOTD : Saturday 24th July to Friday 30th July 2021.

Tuesday AM 2021-07-27
Bugs Bunny debuted in cartoon 'A Wild Hare' on this date, 1940
MQV6vGk.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ebony Finest (26/52)
Soap Commander Love (True Rose) shaving soap
Wolfman WR1-SB 0.74/WRH2
Wilkinson London Bridge (6)
Ginger's Garden Rose Petals aftershave

MbgEfpa.jpg

SoTd
Went with the Razorock XXX today..much needed and just that touch of cool menthol was much appreciated after a 2 hour cycle..not been on the bike in a while it was very enjoyable and following it up with a straight shave was just the icing on the cake for me ! Feeling super smooth and so refreshed E35183FE-987D-4FB3-8C8C-835AF40AB8B6.jpeg

58268817-8EC0-4C7A-847C-5BC85AB22624.jpeg
Prep: Shower with PAA unscented cube.

Pre: PAA cube.

Soap: Wickhams Soap Co. Super Smooth Sandalwood

Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite Synthetic Shaving Brush

Razor: Gillette Fat Boy.

Blade: Wilkinson Sword Gillette.

Thought I’d give the neglected soap and razors a run out over the next day or so. Can’t for the life of me think why I haven’t used the Wickhams more! A lovely scent and lather, and to think I nearly put it in the BST section! The Fatboy is great but unfortunately I’m verring towards moving it on. It is lovely and restored well but find I get better shaves from my other razors. Will wait and see if a hone becomes available. If so then I may move on to free up some funds!

View attachment 74344
Prep: Shower with PAA unscented cube.

Pre: PAA cube.

Soap: Wickhams Soap Co. Super Smooth Sandalwood

Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite Synthetic Shaving Brush

Razor: Gillette Fat Boy.

Blade: Wilkinson Sword Gillette.

Thought I’d give the neglected soap and razors a run out over the next day or so. Can’t for the life of me think why I haven’t used the Wickhams more! A lovely scent and lather, and to think I nearly put it in the BST section! The Fatboy is great but unfortunately I’m verring towards moving it on. It is lovely and restored well but find I get better shaves from my other razors. Will wait and see if a hone becomes available. If so then I may move on to free up some funds!

... a rare sight to see the Super Smooth in action. Nice one!

Sotd-27-07-21.jpg

This afternoon -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - M plate
blade - Kai (?lost count)
brush - Frank Shaving 22mm two-band
soap - Arran - (I don't know whether this is Machrie or Lochranza - went to check on their website but lost interest due to the tsunami of lifestyle bullshit. If they care that much about their beautiful island and majestic eagles and shit, do something about your plastic use?)
post - witch hazel
a/s - LPL - Abricot
balm - Arran - see above.
scent - Eau Sauvage edp.

Great - all good. This shave is for @Scotshave - S. - I found all my products excellent today, but in the sense that others might not agree with me. My opinion is just that - my opinion. I expect others to have a differing take on them. That is as it should be, and they are welcome to their point of view. The sharing of experiences makes this place what it is. I have made this post as polite as I can - because I know that you are a sensitive snowflake cnut - yours - I ;):rolleyes::cool:

View attachment 74351

This afternoon -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - M plate
blade - Kai (?lost count)
brush - Frank Shaving 22mm two-band
soap - Arran - (I don't know whether this is Machrie or Lochranza - went to check on their website but lost interest due to the tsunami of lifestyle bullshit. If they care that much about their beautiful island and majestic eagles and shit, do something about your plastic use?)
post - witch hazel
a/s - LPL - Abricot
balm - Arran - see above.
scent - Eau Sauvage edp.

Great - all good. This shave is for @Scotshave - S. - I found all my products excellent today, but in the sense that others might not agree with me. My opinion is just that - my opinion. I expect others to have a differing take on them. That is as it should be, and they are welcome to their point of view. The sharing of experiences makes this place what it is. I have made this post as polite as I can - because I know that you are a sensitive snowflake cnut - yours - I ;):rolleyes::cool:
Iain, when I want your opinion, I’ll give it to you. I’m right, you see; and everybody else in the entire cutlery world is wrong. Even King Gillette - he was wrong. :ROFLMAO:

sorry @Satanfriendly its still an awesome performer

I wouldn't expect lesser from it and it is an awesomely brilliant razor. If I wasn't such an old fart I would be more than happy to have it as my only razor.

It just lacked soul for me and there was no challenge, with the pleasure of being able to say, 'Good God that was stonkingly fantastic'.

Back
Top Bottom