SOTD : Saturday 24th July to Friday 30th July 2021.

To start the week a shave with the theme 'A happy birthday to everyone'

IMG_20210725_180740.jpg

Happy birthday razor - Ikon B1
Feliz cumpleaños blade - Polsilver Lodz
Bon anniversaire - Steve Jagger 30mm Cashmere
誕生日おめでとう soap - MDC Fougere
រីករាយថ្ងៃកំណើត scent - Jack

No it is not my birthday, but I thought by getting a Happy Birthday to everyone out of the way I can save having to write 'Happy Birthday' every time there is one to celebrate. Save having to finding out whose, or even more sinful, missing one altogether. This shave is to be followed up with the themes 'Happy wedding anniversary' , 'Happy birth of your latest child' and 'Happy open a tin of beans day' to those who may find cause to celebrate such an event.

So a Happy birthday to everyone on the appropriate day it occurs

Other than that a really wonderful shave and all polished off with that strangely beautiful scent, Jack. Certainly different and certainly brilliantly so.

Have a lovely week ahead folk and take my thoughts with you all. I love you

Have some strangely different Japanese music to see you in. Gallhammer and their snail pace black metal

Last edited:
Monday

Arko
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Ever Ready 1912 ‘Bathroom Set’
Gem SS PTFE
Fine Fresh Vetiver after shave

A finish to the ER dynasty shaves this morning with the ‘Bathroom Set’. I got this set, I’m pretty sure as NOS. It’s absolutely pristine and, of course, guarantees a top notch shave; as it is the one ER that was designed to accommodate the current Gem blades.

Excellent performance from the Arko soap and a lovely cooling from the Fresh Vetiver (I may layer this with Tom Ford’s Grey Vetiver; as, I believe, it inspired the Fine splash.

0404CE60-4865-4D37-BA58-F4028ED21306.jpeg

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: none
Razor: Schick L1
Blade: Schick Ultra (4)
Brush: Yaqi Moka
S Soap: Zingari man - the magician

I am starting the week with a nice and comfortable shave provided by another 'vintage' tool thanks to TSR's BST and @ajc347
Using the original blades in the packet and on shave 4 it feels even smoother compared to previous ones I had. I'll see how many more I can get out of one blade.
I am pleasantly surprised as how good these vintage razors are. The Magician from Zingari man delivered well with a rich lather and loads of slickness. All in all a very pleasant shave.
Have a great week everyone!

pic.jpg

SOTD 26-July Take 2
View attachment 74258
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H Fanchurian
Soap: D&G B Cubed
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2

Good shave this morning thankfully posting in the entirely wrong thread initially hadn't marred it, couple of days growth scythed in short order. Love the performance of the D&G set after a couple of uses, still not convinced on the scent though. It's nice enough but I'm not sure it's a 'flavour' that I'm going to get on with.

Edit: Hope everyone has a better kick off to the week than I am seemingly going to have!

Cheers

Marc

Nice looking brush you have there, Marc (y)

Back
Top Bottom