SOTD : Saturday 23 to Friday 29 of October of 2021

Today for me is Sandalwood Sunday.
Not used many creams - just a Proraso one I have hidden away somewhere. This performed admirably and the scent lingered enough ready for me to use the skin food after. Although possibly assisted as I did use the shower gel beforehand.
I am glad I bowl lathered add it needed a quick whipping before the third pass.
Slim with NOS Perma sharp excellent again.
Have a great day everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_20211024_130120__01.jpg
    IMG_20211024_130120__01.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 8
PreShave: Shower

Soap: Yaqi Malibu

Brush: Yaqi Heavy Metal

Razor: R6S / R2

Blade: Feather #4

Post Shave: Alum block - Proraso White balm

DE Shave #31

In my eagerness to shave and a little disrtacted with today's plans, I forgot to use the Cube as part of my pre shave routine, the lack of extra slickness was noticable. No post shave prickly face feeling using a synth brush although there is an outside chance that the Cube is reacting with the soap to cause it but I'm leaning towards it being my face doesn't like Badger.

A comfortable close shave.

Birthday shave, very early this morning.
I lathered up in a bowl (Giles), used my birth year slim loaded with a NOS Perma sharp - going all nostalgic.
Absolutely BBS after 3 passes, superb shave. Set me up for a good day. My daughter got me some Truefitt & Hill sandalwood and I ended up bidding on a Schick injector! Not the adjustable M, which is what I actually wanted!
Anyhow, great shaving start to the week!
Happy Birthday & Have A Great Day (y)

Last edited:
Razor = Ikon B1 OSS
Blade = Voskhod ( 3 )
Brush = Alpha T400 24mm Synthetic
Soap = Declaration Grooming Contemplation with matching splash
Balm = Executive Shaving Citrus Kiss
1F0C7E10-0AC1-4074-BFAC-99FD845EC0AD.jpegDeclaration Grooming Saturday

Well Lads i’m glad that weeks over
i decided to do a different Declaration Grooming Shave everyday this week,
infact that was 8 straight days.
The Performance of these soaps are class and not to be faulted however the scents were mostly & hit or miss to me.
I don’t have the best of nose at the best time but for me these soaps are to complex,
Very Earthy Very Green Very sort of nature like.
A lot of the scents i got but i lot i never.
as i say it’s not a criticism of the soap more a problem for me having a rubbish nose.

Today was a great shave i haven’t used the ikon in many months and i genuinely missed it.
The Soap was a bit better scent wise than some iv had and the description was going from summer to autumn & i sort of got it.
The Brush was the first decent brush i ever bought and still remains a favourite, not for sentimental reasons but it’s genuinely a very good brush.

Just a nice relaxing day for me today trying to sort out the worlds problems lol.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Boys & Girls

Birthday shave, very early this morning.
I lathered up in a bowl (Giles), used my birth year slim loaded with a NOS Perma sharp - going all nostalgic.
Absolutely BBS after 3 passes, superb shave. Set me up for a good day. My daughter got me some Truefitt & Hill sandalwood and I ended up bidding on a Schick injector! Not the adjustable M, which is what I actually wanted!
Anyhow, great shaving start to the week!

Belated birthday wishes.

Sunday AM 2021-10-24
National Bologna Day
7zRgglm.jpg

Rooney Polo 1 Ivory Finest (24/54)
Penhaligon's Lords shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm 17-4
Wilkinson Light Brigade (4)
Penhaligon's Lords aftershave (vintage)
BE9aW2y.jpg

Back
Top Bottom