SOTD: Saturday 23 - Friday 29 September 2023.

20230925_165921.jpg

Preshave - Founders Reserve
Razor - R41 Twist
Blade - Big Ben
Brush - TSC Best Badger
Lather - Nivea Liquid Shaving Cream
Splash - Witch Hazel & Brut

Phenomenal pairing of blade and razor - I managed to take the top off a couple of blemishes (nothing serious, I am pretty perfect after all ;) ) but other than that my face just feels smooth, soft and exfoliated (R41s do seem to leave that "freshly scrubbed" feeling).

The Twist is an utterly fantastic razor. I never really go for BBS - two passes with tidying is usually my limit - it'll only grow back anyway! But with this one that's enough to get me completely BBS. You could absolutely get away with one WTG pass for work or an evening out. Love it

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-25 at 17.06.03.jpeg

SOTD 25.09.23

Afternoon shave of 5 days (circa)

Pre-shave: Proraso verde (activated)
Shaving cream: Castle Forbes 1445
Brush: Two band by Barbieria Carottese
Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Aftershave: Castle Forbes 1445 AS cream

Unusual time of the day to shave for me, however I have plenty of time as I got covid :cautious: hopefully by my next shave (4-5 days) I should be back in shape.
Amazing BBS shave with the Tatara muramasa set at 4 WTG pass and 3 ATG pass. The real surprise however was the blade! It was my first time trying this blade and oh boy what a neat precise, sharp and delicate cut! I do have quite thick beard and stubborn whiskers and is very rare for me to find a really sharp but delicate to the skin blade. This one did it all, jumping on to the top 3 blades for me.
CF cream is brilliant as usual, a small amount goes a long way, however when using this 28 knot two band badger it required a bit more water in the first pass than I used. Only shame I have covered up this classy scent with the proraso verde pre-shave cream, I mistake I should avoid next time.
The AS cream is just brilliant, left my skin smooth like velvet and greatly nourished. The scent is so strong my wife went straight to open the balcony as she entered the living room eheh

Monday 25th September

ADCreHcionjsD02XDkzbj-kcbV5LS_zrZIV45lA4DWTKZLUSxlNFvHs-YdaqEqcMtmOk3Ld9eHOSIXprL0e09YPdSy6556Hms8GFlrLahUs58RanG0Q9RikrU8XTYnkK6oQRVzrEgyW0_-wLy9xsH8VUv_ezpg=w800

Gillette Labs Quick Rinse Shaving Foam
Gillette Trac-II Twinjector & Schick Injector-II (1)
Brut Aftershave

My setup for the week ...

... and enjoyed busting open an box-fresh Gillette Trac-II Twinjector to let that 1970s razor breathe the 2020s air!

ADCreHdrmVcLl1ma7DEZvnD3eDgr8DaNZBsWn1NJh6KFrsqa5fu8Xjn_utSHfN3I9aBO0kktneygtfwRrkcFr6mwuSE46zV-6duojbWg9VTGmCiOmynm269qbO7httoWmZJbwPdJjI_5nvERIkIZaiN9Ym7-jw=w800

ADCreHfYKWhrmSZ41kSlE8qK6Slwig_gzP9699vRLAyx1mTZZuF8pl0-dXi0uf6RyCaqTFGG0033rf_Cx6O3cT2GFZHUd_Px4SYnwDGTeUQBXaC7kE5voniafBH-QF7J8ahN1-INvPikDCQVM2-prC7MUW1CsQ=w800

ADCreHeo6qV7L3Bey8AvEYnI5527nAURgOtdgN5zfYPSTUg8YyPTP2ZQ_fGiCsfxWX-avl7JTHHjD2PGOKSOYtXAGsaOK2BwGxGSPku7Sa3nSrSaqD7H57N9woy2FNElGmIwfLWKUSJKlDenTxJZGYEkq2yEuA=w800

ADCreHdVuSyBsTYDME5xrhUvCnLDvFbwGExe9OSGtM8dY_ryQKrPLMsR8zQbsNxV9p-bbweIz7_I6gKUoBsU5oT5eVx-wCBfZnpwMZwsQIxwxo0ZrYiUVokhgHVJFalPaeeR35uAavpYM_A9fYXFyJXgk_5Uxg=w800

I thought there was a NOS Gillette Platinum Twinjector blade already loaded, but it turned out to be a twin blank and utterly dull. Silly me. So, I'll save those for another time and popped a modern Schick into it for its maiden voyage.

ADCreHcQ7ED-AFV0bAxGM3ZowBWYOyV4yzBwjvkGuTIzrkRqZ-OHDQhVqAYSBlvN5OGH47aLHT7s_-GlqO2YzVStpDoW5PdrrtAJISKO2ZRkme-XYuO1kUAGXx4MW2rZAZBMWyNlrspazXQ-k1tzSd9XvxNZDA=w800

... and pictured with the Trac-II cartridge razor that swiftly followed.

I have used a Gillette Twinjector before and enjoyed it. I enjoyed it a damn sight more than the various Schicks I tried, which really did not do it for me. One did - it was a C model, from memory, but the head snapped from the handle (or rather the top of the handle crumbled) and my super-glue rebuild didn't match expectation.

I tried a few of these newfangled injector razors and they weren't for me either, so in a bout of OCD I cleared out all injectors from my collection. This Gillette Twinjector came back into the fold during the first COVID year and it's just sat there ... I was going to have a week with a Trac-II cartridge, but remembered that I'd bought these Schick blades in for my early 1900s Zinn Gem razor, um-ed and ah-ed ... and decided to let the Twinjector out of stasis.

Glad I did! Super shave, that 9.5 for the first two or three strokes and then a good 9.7/10 shave thereafter. Very sharp, very safe, very well engineered, very happy face once done. I enjoyed the Gillette Labs shaving foam, too, an impulse buy at the supermarket this evening following a short stint with the Gillette Original Shaving Foam I bought on holiday.

Smashing! I'm going to enjoy this week ... likely, I'll vary the Brut aftershaves as I have a good range of scents.

IMG_2911.jpeg
SOTD: 25/09/2023

Razor: Shield AC1
Blade: Feather Pro, 6th use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town Puck
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm
Fragrance: Afnan 9pm EdP

SOTD: 26th September 2023.

11.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Wrights Coal Tar Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas Boar.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Derby Shave Stick.
Razor: Merkur 34C - Wilkinson Sword Classic. (D2) (Face)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (D4) (Head)

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/ Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel/ Gummy Traditional Turkish Lavender Cologne./Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave face & head shave.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 26-Sep
20230925_144948-01.jpeg
Brush: SBS Boti NC Chubby 26mm
Soap: SBS Valedictorian
Razor: Blackland Tradere SB
Blade: Wizamet (1)

Decent shave this morning, think this is only the second shave with the SB plate since getting my hands on it. Slightly more mild than the OC but not by much, very smooth though, glad I picked it up.

Smooth and smelling good, hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

PXL_20230926_075938202~2.jpg

I didn't think I would like these shark platinum blades since the shark chromes didn't really work for me and I could only get a couple of shaves out of them. these were sent to me by mistake but I'm actually really liking them. I hope the silver stars are basically the same blade since I've got two cards of those too.

la toja was great as always. I'm considering grating a stick down into a tub for quicker loading but even in stick form, it's one of if the best I've tried. really liking the fresh sea salt scent. no sting from the brut today since the passaround fatboy is so smooth. thanks so much again @dodgy.

Last edited:
Tue 26
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor & Blade Fatip OC Slant & Derby Usta 2nd
Love this soap, brush & matching splash combination...
A very enjoyable shave with this intimidating-looking but very easy & smooth razor paired with the blade. 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230926_130359.jpg

Back
Top Bottom