Prep : warm water
Razor : Fatip Grande OC
Brush : Proraso (Omega boar)
Blade : Wilkinson Sword
Shaving soap : Proraso green / white
Bowl : Aliexpress (MÜHLE look alike) to soak the brush. Face lathering
Alum : De Vergulde Hand
Aftershave : De Vergulde Hand lotion

Both the Proraso green and white are fine / excellent soaps. Never had them before. They smell very nice, not over whelming. The green gives a nice cooling. They give a nice lather. These are defenitely keepers

This evening saw my shave themed 'Tippi the artist'

IMG_20190925_172825.jpg

Rubbish photo by the way, but hey.........

Razor art - Brass Hone
Sharp art - Feather
The artist's brush - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo in copper and black
Artisan soap - Extro Arancia
Nasal art - Hermes d'orange verte concentre

Backdrop curtesy of my granddaughter Tippi aged four. The result of letting her loose on granddad's easel and a consequent bollocking from Nanna after she became lathered in acrylic paint. Still, that is art for you and I loved the end result so much it now takes pride of place on the wall

IMG_20190925_173659.jpg

Usual waffle out of the way and on with the reason I am here posting and my SOTD

The Hone arrived on the doorstep this morning and subsequently I ended up collecting from the local sorting office as I was too enthralled in decorating at the top of the house. Red card day. I have to thank @ajc347 for the opportunity of an exchange on the BST and I am proud to finally own a Hone. Yes indeed, not easy to say.

In anticipation I had contacted that veritable shaving guru @Blademonkey for any advise he could throw at me and his kind advise said something down the lines of use a feather and ride the cap. A thanks in return as if I knew what he meant.

Feather, easy. Well nearly as I'd given in on these quite some time back and it took delving in to the depths of the shaving cabinet to actually find one. A tick in the box together with some luck.

Move on, ride the cap, ride the cap? Que es esta 'Ride the cap?' Nothing a bit of googling couldn't achieve. Riding a Dutch cap (sounds fun), riding caps (one for the equestrian forums), caps for riding in (same as previous), ah ah, riding a razor cap, including some dodgy sketches unlike those for Dutch caps which I found were traditional head wear for ladies from Holland. And I thought they were a form of contraception. You live and learn.

The first thing which hit me is the shear weight of this thing and probably the heaviest razor I have come across to date. The head is actually larger than I thought it would be and think Futur on steroids. But whereas I find the Futur the most awkward razor I have ever used some thought has gone on here and it far easier than I thought it would be. Beautifully curved along the lines of the cap (nothing to do with the Dutch here) it gives a nice feel across the curves of the face, particularly around the chin area. It just seems to glide effortlessly and with a lack of that fear factor. In this sense I feel it is very similar to the OneBlade in that one would be pushed to cause any damage. It is definitely on the milder side but that doesn't prevent it from being incredibly efficient and the end results are very rewarding.

Three full passes and a really close and comfortable shave with the minimum of fuss and effort. Smoother than wet acrylic paint just not as much fun.

The soap and the scent both aimed at being very orange and I am smelling more like freshly squeezed tangerines than I care to think of. Wonderful and divine as some like to describe it. I like orangey.

So one great shave with one true heavy metal razor. Which reminds me..............................

25/09/19

Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Brush: FS 28mm Silvertip
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: Superdrug Forrest Fresh
ASB: RSC Balm

IMG_20190925_184527.jpg

This brush is big! I could have been rubbing a whole badger over my face if I had shut my eyes. Not a bad thing though - it was thoroughly enjoyable, although a very different creature (literally) to its synthetic brother.

The Polsilver is a nice blade in the slant. I'm still dialling this razor in but I'm liking it so far. A DFS finish and a pleasant aroma from the TOBS Sandalwood.

SOTD : 26th September 2019.

i.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.

Face Lather.

Soap: Proraso ~ Eucalyptus & Menthol.+ 6 drops of glycerin

Blade: Treet Platinum. (1)

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89. (Kelvin)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Alcolado Glacial mentholated Splash Lotion.

The Real Shaving Co. ~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave.

I went for a menthol morning shave today, to give my face sensors a early morning kick..The addition of the glycerin drops to the proraso soap provides a better slickness to the lather.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups DFS with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine. ;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

This evening saw my shave themed 'Tippi the artist'

View attachment 47752

Rubbish photo by the way, but hey.........

Razor art - Brass Hone
Sharp art - Feather
The artist's brush - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo in copper and black
Artisan soap - Extro Arancia
Nasal art - Hermes d'orange verte concentre

Backdrop curtesy of my granddaughter Tippi aged four. The result of letting her loose on granddad's easel and a consequent bollocking from Nanna after she became lathered in acrylic paint. Still, that is art for you and I loved the end result so much it now takes pride of place on the wall

View attachment 47753

Usual waffle out of the way and on with the reason I am here posting and my SOTD

The Hone arrived on the doorstep this morning and subsequently I ended up collecting from the local sorting office as I was too enthralled in decorating at the top of the house. Red card day. I have to thank @ajc347 for the opportunity of an exchange on the BST and I am proud to finally own a Hone. Yes indeed, not easy to say.

In anticipation I had contacted that veritable shaving guru @Blademonkey for any advise he could throw at me and his kind advise said something down the lines of use a feather and ride the cap. A thanks in return as if I knew what he meant.

Feather, easy. Well nearly as I'd given in on these quite some time back and it took delving in to the depths of the shaving cabinet to actually find one. A tick in the box together with some luck.

Move on, ride the cap, ride the cap? Que es esta 'Ride the cap?' Nothing a bit of googling couldn't achieve. Riding a Dutch cap (sounds fun), riding caps (one for the equestrian forums), caps for riding in (same as previous), ah ah, riding a razor cap, including some dodgy sketches unlike those for Dutch caps which I found were traditional head wear for ladies from Holland. And I thought they were a form of contraception. You live and learn.

The first thing which hit me is the shear weight of this thing and probably the heaviest razor I have come across to date. The head is actually larger than I thought it would be and think Futur on steroids. But whereas I find the Futur the most awkward razor I have ever used some thought has gone on here and it far easier than I thought it would be. Beautifully curved along the lines of the cap (nothing to do with the Dutch here) it gives a nice feel across the curves of the face, particularly around the chin area. It just seems to glide effortlessly and with a lack of that fear factor. In this sense I feel it is very similar to the OneBlade in that one would be pushed to cause any damage. It is definitely on the milder side but that doesn't prevent it from being incredibly efficient and the end results are very rewarding.

Three full passes and a really close and comfortable shave with the minimum of fuss and effort. Smoother than wet acrylic paint just not as much fun.

The soap and the scent both aimed at being very orange and I am smelling more like freshly squeezed tangerines than I care to think of. Wonderful and divine as some like to describe it. I like orangey.

So one great shave with one true heavy metal razor. Which reminds me..............................

A great write up, I knew you would love it :) P.

Date:- 26 September 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Monte Carlo
Razor/Blade:- EJ3ONE6 / German Wilkinson Sword #1
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

CtluJbg.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: DR Harris H3 Best Badger
Soap: Vintage Creed Epicea
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: NOS Super Iridium BN-84 (3)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, Musgo Real Aftershave Balm
Scent: Dior Eau Sauvage

Great lather from this 50+ year old soap. Three passes and a couple of clean-up strokes for a BBS result.

Back
Top Bottom