SOTD Saturday 21st September to Friday 27th September

SOTD 20190926.
pj6JwcE.jpg

Luna Cosmetics "Nº1" pre shave oil.
J&T® katalox / OUMO Brush imitation silvertip synth.
Jabones by Luna “Higo y vainilla” shaving soap.
RazoRock Game Changer GC-OC84 / Stork Ti "Paladin" handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless (1).
G Bellini "Nº1" EdT.

26/09/2019
Pre: Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Alpha Titanium Outlaw G4
Soap: MWF
Razor: Occam Classic V1 plate #1
Blade: Feather PB (1)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Bay Rum Astringent
Balm: Floïd Balm/ Barts Balm Lime AS Lotion
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

Occ,AT,MWF B&W.jpg

What a wonderful shave today with the Occam's V1.
I am really getting the hang of face lathering with the Alpha Ti, it is a joy to use & the Fat has performed very well this week.
I left in the #1 plate and fitted a new Feather PB, normally a blade i have to be mindful of, however, today at no time did i get any indication it would bite.
2 passes WTG & ATG left me with a DFS+ finish, i could have just completed some minor buffing, however, the brush was still loaded and i wanted to experiment with 3 passes to check the face comfort with this set up. Just dandy - no issues. BBS and very comfortable.
A nice Post shave with the Floïd although i did add a few drops of the Barts Balm lotion for good measure, i always let it absorb before splashing the AS on.
I will see how long i get gliding, comfortable, close shaves with the #1 plate and Feather before i make the decision what is best for me, so far i am very impressed with this "funny looking razor" .
YMMV.
Feeling & Smelling really good.
Have a great day All.

Lime Superlather shave!

Pre: Nivea deep cleaning face wash & shower
Bowl: Executive Shaving handmade
Brush: AP Shave Co. Synbad, Elegant Emerald handle
Razor: Gillette Fusion ProGlide Flexball
Cream: Castle Forbes Lime and Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes mixed together for fun.
Post: leftover lather on face during cleanup, felt amazing. Cold water rinse & Barts Balm Lime ASB.

92B83B0C-0FAF-44A0-B6B8-709CEF21D155.jpeg

SOTD 09 - 24 September 2019

Hi all, I have been away on my hols (Crete :cool:) and unable to post much before that due to other pressures.

Pre-shave: Cold shower, Messinian Spa - Facewash, Jack Black Epic Moisture MP10, and cold water splash.
Soap: Folk Soap Sandalwood And Vanilla Shaving Soap.
Brush: Omega Barberpole Hi-Brush Synthetic Shaving Brush.
Bowl: Aesop.
Razor: Rockwell 6S (PLate 4).
Blade: Super-Max Platinum.
Post: Musgo Real No.4 Lavender Cologne, followed by Raw Supremo Supreme Smoother Facial Moisturiser.

The above was my typical shave set-up; the Jack Black, Folk soap, Super-Max Platinum blades and the Raw Supremo moisturiser were all new additions to my shave, none used before the holiday.

In the main excellent shaves - the Rockwell was a good choice as a travel razor; robust, solid, with the 2 and 4 plate giving some options for change - that said I used the 4 plate throughout.

Of the new additions, the Jack Black Epic Moisture MP10, Super-Max blades and the Raw Supremo moisturiser all stood out. The Jack Black is an excellent pre-shave oil; the Super-Max blades were sharp and smooth; good 4 - 6 shaves per blade and the Raw Supremo absorbed well into the skin.

As ever the water quality (softness) was the main factor; when I shaved with bottled water the shaves were far better than from tap water.

For some shaves I used the Occam's Razor v2, with the Feather Proguard; the Proguard was another first. Decent shaves - that said for some reason I prefered DE shaving on the holiday.

Local shaving kit
When I was out and about with SWMBO, I picked up some BIC Astor stainless blades, local aloe vera gel and aftershave moistueiser (beeswax and olive oil). Thus far I have only tried the BIC Astor's - not bad; only 2 shaves and to early to form any judgement.

RAD
Slightly worse for the local beer (Alfa), ordered the Colonial General V2 one evening (justified it to myself as a holiday treet) - can't wait for it to arrive.

I hope all is good with everyone, all the best,

Chris

Tuesday SOTD

La Toja Stick
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
RazoRock Game Changer .84-p
Gillette Platinum (1)
Blue Stratos Aftershave

Tonight's shave helped to relieve some stress . . . . . .
Today I received an email from Tui to say that my holiday had been cancelled because the flights were operated by Thomas Cook. (Assurance of full refund).
After spending over half an hour on the phone on hold, forking out another £1500 on another holiday, and getting locked out of my online banking I was ready to blow my top !!

The shave was smooth, and the La Toja lather as slick as ever.
Three days growth removed, each stroke helped calm my nerves

Happy shaves one and all

Sorry to hear about your holiday; I hope everything works out,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom