SOTD Saturday 21st September to Friday 27th September

Today's Shave

Finally Settled in my New House and all my Shave Kit is unpacked. The Schick Krona has done a splendid job for the last week but nice to have something different.

Preshave: Heno de Pravia
Soap: Martin De Candre - Original
Razor: Muhle Rocca
Brush: Mervyn Cadman 30mm Synthetic
Blade: Lab Blue
Splash: Star Noir
Balm: Barts Grapefruit and Pink Pepper
EDT: Copycat VK

About 3 months ago I picked up a Rocca in a trade and it is a nice razor, but it had a distinct smile in the blade, which for me made it a little rough, hats of to Muhle I contacted them and despite the fact I am not the original owner they offered straight away to send me a replacement razor head, only trouble was they were out of stock. Anyway it finally arrived and they even shipped it to Ireland for me. (Ikon and Razorock could learn a lot from them about standing behind your product). The new head is a better design than the original and I really enjoyed the razor today, looking forward to getting to know it this week more.

The other debut for me today was the lovely Cadman Brush that I bought on the here , what a wonderful brush ! thank you @kamisori

View attachment 47742
Glad to hear you've settled Russ.

SOTD 20190925.
8SoPmJX.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (green).
J&T® bamboo / Tuxedo.
Vreto "Aloe Vera" shaving soap.
Schick type I1 injector.
Schick Proline B (5).
Cien Men ASB.

Date:- 25 September 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Moka Express Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ L'Orange Verte
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Game Changer .84 / NOS Wizamet Super Iridium #9
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

25/9/19

Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Yaqi Old Type Clone
Blade - Perma Sharp SS
Post - Witch Hazel
Blood stopper - Alum Block/Alum Matchstick/Plaster
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum Mentholated

From the list of blood stoppers it's clear to see in today's shave during the second pass I picked up a cut, a small one above the lip and at first the alum block failed, then the alum matchstick was equally unsuccessful so I had to get one of the big boys out - a fabric plaster!

Even though I've been using a DE razor for a few years now, I still occasionally encounter an experience that reminds I should be paying more attention than I should be!

25/09/2019
Pre: Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: MWF
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather PB (8)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

Vec,MWF, SC2 (2).JPG

A very nice Shave and Post shave
BBS from 2 passes with a little buffing.
The blade now in the bank as i do not like to push them.
Have a great day All.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom