Pre: Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Alpha Titanium Outlaw G4
Soap: MWF
Razor: Occam Classic V1 plate #1
Blade: Feather PB (1)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Bay Rum Astringent
Balm: Floïd Balm/ Barts Balm Lime AS Lotion
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

What a wonderful shave today with the Occam's V1.
I am really getting the hang of face lathering with the Alpha Ti, it is a joy to use & the Fat has performed very well this week.
I left in the #1 plate and fitted a new Feather PB, normally a blade i have to be mindful of, however, today at no time did i get any indication it would bite.
2 passes WTG & ATG left me with a DFS+ finish, i could have just completed some minor buffing, however, the brush was still loaded and i wanted to experiment with 3 passes to check the face comfort with this set up. Just dandy - no issues. BBS and very comfortable.
A nice Post shave with the Floïd although i did add a few drops of the Barts Balm lotion for good measure, i always let it absorb before splashing the AS on.
I will see how long i get gliding, comfortable, close shaves with the #1 plate and Feather before i make the decision what is best for me, so far i am very impressed with this "funny looking razor" .
YMMV.
Feeling & Smelling really good.
Have a great day All.

Lime Superlather shave!

Pre: Nivea deep cleaning face wash & shower
Bowl: Executive Shaving handmade
Brush: AP Shave Co. Synbad, Elegant Emerald handle
Razor: Gillette Fusion ProGlide Flexball
Cream: Castle Forbes Lime and Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes mixed together for fun.
Post: leftover lather on face during cleanup, felt amazing. Cold water rinse & Barts Balm Lime ASB.

SOTD 09 - 24 September 2019

Hi all, I have been away on my hols (Crete ) and unable to post much before that due to other pressures.

Pre-shave: Cold shower, Messinian Spa - Facewash, Jack Black Epic Moisture MP10, and cold water splash.
Soap: Folk Soap Sandalwood And Vanilla Shaving Soap.
Brush: Omega Barberpole Hi-Brush Synthetic Shaving Brush.
Bowl: Aesop.
Razor: Rockwell 6S (PLate 4).
Blade: Super-Max Platinum.
Post: Musgo Real No.4 Lavender Cologne, followed by Raw Supremo Supreme Smoother Facial Moisturiser.

The above was my typical shave set-up; the Jack Black, Folk soap, Super-Max Platinum blades and the Raw Supremo moisturiser were all new additions to my shave, none used before the holiday.

In the main excellent shaves - the Rockwell was a good choice as a travel razor; robust, solid, with the 2 and 4 plate giving some options for change - that said I used the 4 plate throughout.

Of the new additions, the Jack Black Epic Moisture MP10, Super-Max blades and the Raw Supremo moisturiser all stood out. The Jack Black is an excellent pre-shave oil; the Super-Max blades were sharp and smooth; good 4 - 6 shaves per blade and the Raw Supremo absorbed well into the skin.

As ever the water quality (softness) was the main factor; when I shaved with bottled water the shaves were far better than from tap water.

For some shaves I used the Occam's Razor v2, with the Feather Proguard; the Proguard was another first. Decent shaves - that said for some reason I prefered DE shaving on the holiday.

Local shaving kit
When I was out and about with SWMBO, I picked up some BIC Astor stainless blades, local aloe vera gel and aftershave moistueiser (beeswax and olive oil). Thus far I have only tried the BIC Astor's - not bad; only 2 shaves and to early to form any judgement.

RAD
Slightly worse for the local beer (Alfa), ordered the Colonial General V2 one evening (justified it to myself as a holiday treet) - can't wait for it to arrive.

I hope all is good with everyone, all the best,

Chris

Sorry to hear about your holiday; I hope everything works out,

Chris