Brush: Jayaruh #355
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Rocnel SE-P 316 , Blackland Dart Handle
Blade: Perma-sharp SE (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Thayers Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Proraso Green

View attachment 52811View attachment 52812
Another very nice comfortable shave with the MDFRITW Rocnel SE-P, i decided to try and make him a bit more eye catching by adding the Blackland Dart Handle, @RussellR5555. at the end of the day he doesn't half deliver. 3 passes for a BBS comfortable shave.
A nice face Lather with the Jayaruh #355 and pro green ( the soap label was swapped to a re used super-drug AS 100ml bottle to decant the large bottle into as and when i need it).
Stay safe All and enjoy your day.
images (4).jpeg

I have no idea what any of this product line is, but to quote Varucca Salt ‘I want it now!'
A traditional looking design, classic gear, a gent in a fedora ( why not a bowler? )
And it's called the chap! Could you tell me a little bit about it?
Good show all the way ‘round.
The Chap is a gentleman's magazine in the UK which has it's own small range of Shaving equipment

Tue 24 SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4
Blade Feather 8th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water
Thayers Cucumber + Aloe Vera
Face lather was very good. Thick and slick.
Shave with razor and blade good combo. Smooth and sharp performance. 3pass at setting 9 for ATG, XTG/ATG & setting 7 for ATG resulted in 2 weepers but a DFS!
Immediate soak in ice cold water and it was great. No irritation nor tightness. Thayers Cucumber was refreshing followed by soothing Aloe Vera. Rating today 9/10
20200324_081147.jpg
20200324_084331.jpg

23/3/2020

Soap - Proraso Green
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Voskhod (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Bens Bay Rum w/Pimento

Does anyone else keep a few different blades with a number of different shaves on them opposed to just using the same blade continuously? I'm generally off the former and usually seem to always have a stack of partly used blades which I like to rotate in use like I do my razors/soaps. For a change, I decided to use up my existing partly used blades (which seemed to take forever) and just use the one blade continously.
As I picked up a few weepers in yesterday's shave I went for one of the milder blades in my stocks, a Voskhod which seemed like it wasn't really removing much growth for the first pass but seemed to get there in the end for results by the end of the 2nd/3rd passes.
The lather wasn't the best, I seemed to need quite a lot of soap to get it going but I am approaching finishing the jar which if I manage to do I may end up weeping tears of joy.

Anyway chaps, I hope you have a good start to the week.
Yes I do the same thing. I have probably 10+ Blades on rotation similarly with the razors, brush and soaps/creams. Some blades works better in some razors and some don't. That's the fun of it...trying different combos and pairings.
Good shaves to to you too and keep safe

Tuesday's Shave

Another great shave from the Progress it went very well with the Gillette Yellow too, and I even used the Adjustment.

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Soap: Mdc Original
Brush: Grizzly Bay 26mm Synthetic
Razor: Merkur Progress First Pass WTG set on 5 then the next 2 passes on 3.5
Blade: Gillette Yellow Sharp Edge
Splash: Proraso Sandalwood
Balm: Bart's Rosemary and Sandalwood
EDT: Dunhill Pursuit (Sandalwood)

20200324_083711.jpg

Still the Mdc goes on !

20200324_090827.jpg

Tuesday AM 2020-03-24

Rooney Stubby 3 Porcelain Finest (26/54)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR1-SB Titanium/Stork Advoco Titanium
Wilkinson London Bridge (4)
Floris Santal aftershave
xbTNz3c.jpg

Afternoon Cleanup ‌03.24.20‌

DSCF0020 - Edited (1).jpg

Pal InjectoMatic injector razor
Pal Hollow Ground Injector Razor Blade (5)
Vintage‌ ‌Kingsley‌ ‌(Austria)‌ ‌Pure‌ ‌Badger‌
Zartgefuehl Vegan Artisanal Shaving Soap in vintage mug
Original‌ ‌Old‌ ‌Spice‌ ‌aftershave‌ ‌(India)‌

DSCF0020 - Edited.jpg

And likewise here with the meaning.
Years ago - I challenged a flatmate - then a junior journalist for a local weekly paper - to try and get some proper filth past the subeditors - a challenge he took up with alacrity - and didn't ruin his career remarkably - I shan't name him - he went on to be an award winning journalist - our favourite - in a piece about an antique auction in a church hall - a notable item was - 'a beaver muff - with matching stole,' - next best - in a TV review - 'oiling the hippo,' - and low - a euphemism was born. Ha ha - I.

Back
Top Bottom