SOTD: Saturday 21st March to 27th March 2020

Date:- 25 March 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #12
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

giphy.gif

Years ago - I challenged a flatmate - then a junior journalist for a local weekly paper - to try and get some proper filth past the subeditors - a challenge he took up with alacrity - and didn't ruin his career remarkably - I shan't name him - he went on to be an award winning journalist - our favourite - in a piece about an antique auction in a church hall - a notable item was - 'a beaver muff - with matching stole,' - next best - in a TV review - 'oiling the hippo,' - and low - a euphemism was born. Ha ha - I.

muff.jpg

Wed 25th March

Vulfix 404 - mixed
Williams Mug Soap
Personna Super Stainless SE
Personna S/S [ 5 ]
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Back to the Injector rotation with a Razor that does not show its age, the rather controversial Personna as many love its looks but cannot get a Shave out of it. I was one of those for a long time, until I tried it with a Personna blade, now it works fine and I get a pretty good quality Shave with one as I did today.

IMG_0634.jpg

25/032/2020
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap: Lea Stick
Razor: Supply V2 Custom
Blade: Personna (11)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Grapefruit & Pink Pepper Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Williams Aqua Velva Original

Wk13  (10).JPG

Today i face lathered straight from the stick, basically reloading for each pass, it worked really well and i had a nice covering for each pass. if i continued with this, the stick would last forever. The scent is very very light on this stick so much so i did not really get anything from the lather, saying that it performed really well.
I really like this razor and it is very easy to use, i find plate #2 is just right for me, 3 passes today for a BBS finish.
The blade just starting to give some indications it could go any minute towards the end, therefore it has been "banked" its just not worth trying for more shaves, i normally stop at 10 with these Personna's and i will stick with that from now on unless of course i get indications earlier.
Maybe 1 more use left in the Barts Balm sample bottle:eek:, i have plenty though.
Stay Safe all and enjoy your day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom