Brush: Razorock 400 Plissoft Synth
Soap: Gentleman's Face Care Club Peppermint
Razor: Schick Amber Handle E3 1935-45
Blade: PAL (4)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Bay Rum Astringent
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

Wk13  (6).JPG
A very easy shave today for a crackin' result.
Peppermint is still not my favourite scent, however, it makes a change, for the price the GFCC cream is pretty good although it does leave a residue on everything it touches.

Stay safe All and enjoy your day.

Mon 23rd March

The Grosvenor [ 404-mixed ]
Vitos Super Red
Occams- Enoch
Feather Proguard [ 3 ]
BG Sixth Sense A/S Lotion

Again I deviated from my Injector rotation and followed yesterdays Shave with the Occams Enoch. I am still getting used to the different Shaving angle needed to get the best out of this Razor. I do not yet get the closeness of all round finish that I get with some other Razors, but today it is not that bad.In fact this works for me a lot better han my King Cobra did.

IMG_0631.jpg

Mon 23 Lockdown SOTD
Cream Suezbana Aloe Lavender
Bowl Turkish Copper
Brush Omega Boar
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Gillette Winner 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Cold Water + Thayers Rose
Proraso Green Balm + Aloe Gel
Great lather from brush & bowl. Thick & slick. Nice lavender scent throughout the session. Shave with razor and blade was very good. Smooth and sharpish. No tug nor pull. 3pass enough. ATG, XTG/ATG & ATG. 2 weepers though. Postshave with ice water was terrific! No irritation at all. BBS result today but rating 9.5/10 due to weepers.
20200323_111020.jpg
20200323_113115.jpg

23/3/2020

Soap - Proraso Green
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Voskhod (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Bens Bay Rum w/Pimento

Does anyone else keep a few different blades with a number of different shaves on them opposed to just using the same blade continuously? I'm generally off the former and usually seem to always have a stack of partly used blades which I like to rotate in use like I do my razors/soaps. For a change, I decided to use up my existing partly used blades (which seemed to take forever) and just use the one blade continously.
As I picked up a few weepers in yesterday's shave I went for one of the milder blades in my stocks, a Voskhod which seemed like it wasn't really removing much growth for the first pass but seemed to get there in the end for results by the end of the 2nd/3rd passes.
The lather wasn't the best, I seemed to need quite a lot of soap to get it going but I am approaching finishing the jar which if I manage to do I may end up weeping tears of joy.

Anyway chaps, I hope you have a good start to the week.

Happy Monday and sincerely wherever you are I hope you and yours are safe. The Timeless Bronze OC.78 is a very pretty razor but it is a killer of stubble. Since I had a few days growth I grabbed it today. What a flamethrower of a razor. Loaded up with a Personna Lab Blue.

Another shave and another CBL soap...hang on tight, I got lots! Today we went with Outlaw! A perfect match to Stetson! Oh yeah! Which of course I happen to have a bottle of.

Lovely two pass shave. No need for more than that with this little beasty of a razor. Smooth as silk. Stetson AS and a spritz of Bvlgari Man. Outlaw indeed, best smelling one North of the Pecos....waaaaaaaay North!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Timeless Bronze OC .78
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo - Sagrada Familia
Lather: CBL Outlaw
Aftershave: Stetson Original
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Bvlgari Man
9CA056D1-28C7-4424-8B19-E4967B0EE0BD.jpeg

3C190819-F22A-442B-A23E-B346CFB9C5DF.jpeg
Prep: Bath
Pre: Somerset shaving oil
Soap: The Fat bowl lathered
Brush: Omega 49 boar
Razor/Blade: Rex Ambassador/Permasharp (4)
ASL: Tabac
ASB: Wickhams 1912 classic

This morning‘s was my 6th shave with the Ambassador and one I was happy with.
This has been a learning experience for me: my first shave (on 2 days growth), with the razor loaded with a new Astra SP and set at 2.5, was a smooth 3 pass shave. The next day I had a very different shave with it feeling rough, the razor dragging in places and my face nicked. For the next 3 daily shaves I dialled the razor down and loaded it with a Permasharp - and had somewhat better shaves, but nowhere as good as that first shave.
I looked on various forums over the weekend and saw that fellow users were riding the bar rather than the cap and so today tackled 3 days growth (unusual for me). I also used a shave oil as preshave and held the razor (set at 1.5) at a more acute angle (handle closer to face) and carried out a smooth 3 pass shave with no dragging or nicks and with no stinging from the alum. The shaving oil did seem to kill the lather somewhat; so tomorrow I will switch back to my usual Proraso pre-shave and hope I have as good a shave as today's.

Monday AM 2020-03-23

Rooney 1/3 Ebony Finest (26/52)
Houbigant Fougère Royale shaving soap (vintage)
Wolfman WR1-OC/WRH7
Wilkinson London Bridge (3)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)
gZa6BSZ.jpg

Monday

Valobra stick
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Feather Artist Club SS non-folding
Schick Proline
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Fine Fresh Vetiver

I don't normally do three passes with this fellow; but in these topsy-turvy times, who's to say what's right or wrong?

North to south, east to west (ear to nose) and south to north north east on the neck. A few wee pick-ups around the chin and all's good.

28E05A2C-893A-46D3-825C-EABE8B2CE7D0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom