PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: Floris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Ladas Super Stainless (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 89

Another shave with the Ladas SS blade (thanks to Digimonkey's generous PIF). And again the blade was quite rough, and was far from comfortable. However, I'll give it a go again tomorrow, just to see. And the full blade review will be posted on Saturday.

Have a good week folks, and stay healthy.

22/3/2020

Soap - Proraso Green
Brush - Yaqi Rainbow Faux Horse
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Treet Classic/Nacet
Post - Alum/Witch Hazel
AS - Bens Bay Rum Mentholated

The Treet Classic ran out of stream within a few strokes so was replaced by a Nacet I had in the bathroom, which was also on it's last legs, and managed to pick up a weeper above the lip that took a fair amount of alum to stop bleeding. The lather wasn't the best as well, I'm coming to the end of my tub of Proraso Green, the first soap I ever bought and I'm not sure it's performing as well as it once did. I'm in two minds whether to chuck out the remaining soap or persevere to the bitter end.

Have a good Sunday chaps.

Sunday AM 2020-03-22

Rooney 1/2 Ivory Finest (24/53)
Floris Elite shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm Titanium II
Wilkinson London Bridge (2)
Floris Elite aftershave (vintage)
Qz4kLa8.jpg

IMG_20200322_194856.jpg
SOTD 22nd March

Pre - Welsh Water
Brush - Razorock Plissoft 24mm
Soap - B&M Reserve Lavender
Razor - Parker 26r Open Comb
Blade - Gillette Winner #2
After - Barts Balm Lavender

So this shave follows on from the "Second chance" shave for the Parker razor a couple of days ago. This is the Open combs second, second chance. Decided on the wonderfully smooth Plissoft brush and the mega slick B&M soap.
The Parker felt much better this time! Hooray! Used a super shallow angle to lessen the chance of irritation. And I think it worked. The shave was very close, again lots of concentration, much less feedback from the Alum block as only 2 little weepers. So mission accomplished in that a successful and close shave was achieved, I didn't particularly enjoy the shave though. The soap and the balm were the stars of the show! Both outstanding! Really liking the Winner blades too. And for once I think no Proraso Pre shave was a good thing.
Enjoy your Shaves everyone.

Saturday 21st March

Signature Soaps CoIra
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Merkur Progress 500
Gillette Nacet (3)
Lynx Dark Temptation Aftershave

My first use of the Progress and I'm impressed. There's something about Merkur two piece razors that sets them apart from other brands that I just can't put my finger on. The blade is held firmly, which can be felt with every stroke.
I can't say what setting I had it on. .because my eyesight isn't great without my glasses on, but it was assuredly comfortable and smooth throughout the shave.
@BrianH Signature Soap provided all that was required to ensure this maiden shave went as well as it did.
Finished with Lynx Dark Temptation Aftershave - another example of a good budget aftershave

Please, do take care of yourselves and your loved ones at this very worrying time
Glad it did the job. Take care and thank you.

Monday‌ ‌03.23.20‌ ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0034 - Edited (1).jpg

Gillette‌ ‌'56‌ ‌B4‌ ‌Red‌ ‌Tip‌ ‌Super-Speed‌ ‌
Astra‌ ‌Superior‌ ‌Platinum‌ ‌(3)‌ ‌
Yaqi Ruby Handle 24mm 2-Band Badger
Williams Shaving Soap in a vintage mug
Aqua Velva Aftershave (Spanish Version) by Williams

DSCF0037 - Edited.jpg

23 March 2020 – morning – no rush:
Four day shave today – continuing my efforts and came out with a near BBS, even with change of blade and an average shaving soap – lathered up nicely. Now comfortable with the approximate shaving angle and almost no irritation.

Brush: Badger no name
Razor: MÜHLE R89
Blade: MÜHLE Rasurkultur (one blade came with razor)

Pre-shave: Nuage Shaving Oil
Shave Soap: Wilkinson Sword (blue)
Alum Block: Ajanta
After Shave Balm: Bustamente
Bold = change from last shave
IMG_0014.jpg

Back
Top Bottom