razor - Gillette Slim gold - (3)
blade - Wilkinson Sword - (6)
brush - Simpsons P8 Phyl - best
soap - Signature - Valentia
post - rose water toner
a/s - Deliplus locion
balm - none.

Result - stellar.

The last of my - 'new to me' soaps to try - Arran, Ariana and Evans - finally - my first use of a Signature soap. F**k me - the latter is a country mile ahead in performance - I mean really - not paying much attention - thick creamy lather - glistening - it looks quite odd - in the tin - shaving putty - might be a better description. Doesn't matter. From when I pointed a brush at it - to lathering - face in my case - it worked effortlessly. Top tier - for me - there's no doubt of that. Job done. Enjoy your shaves - I have to go back to work tomorrow. Harrrumphh. Yours - I.

@Boycie83 - cheers

@BrianH - very fine shaving soap indeed.

my first use of a Signature soap. F**k me - the latter is a country mile ahead in performance - I mean really - not paying much attention - thick creamy lather - glistening - it looks quite odd - in the tin - shaving putty - might be a better description. Doesn't matter. From when I pointed a brush at it - to lathering - face in my case - it worked effortlessly. Top tier
From an Irishman of Scottish heritage.........da*n you.....you have just cost me money!

Friday 12.27.19 SOTD

DSCF0022 - Edited (1).jpg

Still dialing in my new ikon B1 OC. Shaves so far have been smooth and efficient despite the presence of the notorious “wavy blade” phenomenon.

RazoRock Pre Barba Pre Shave Gel
iKon B1 OC Deluxe Stainless.OSS Handle
Gillette Nacet Stainless (2)
Simpsons Commodore X3 Best Badger
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave

DSCF0024 - Edited.jpg

View attachment 49984

Sotd - yesterday - Monday the 23rd of December

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Slim Aristocrat (3)
blade - Wilkinson Sword (5)
brush - Chubby 1 best
soap - Ariana & Evans - St. Barts - tallow
post - rosewater toner
a/s - Ariana & Evans - St Barts
balm - none needed
scent - Ariana & Evans - St Barts edp.

Result - great - a superior shave - the first use of an A&E soap was very good indeed for me. Given what is in it - this was never really in doubt - all manner of things my skin is going to like -

'Stearic Acid, Beef Tallow, Goats Milk, Shea Butter, Potassium Hydroxide, Kokum Butter, Mango Butter, Glycerin, Cocoa Butter, Castor Oil, Manteca (Pig Fat), Strangisto Giaourti (strained yogurt), Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, Camellia Oil from Japan, Sodium Hydroxide, Lanolin, Agave, Bentonite Clay, Beeswax, Sodium Lactate, Argan Oil, Fragrance & EO's'

Manteca? Something I had only ever seen Spaniards spreading on toast for breakfast - but I guess fat is fat when it comes to soap making.

What ever you are up to tomorrow - have a great time. Enjoy your shaves - yours - I.

@Guy1307 - thanks.
Happy you like it!!

27/12/2019

Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Jayaruh #291
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Valet VC3 (British)
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (1)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Astringent
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Copycat Bleu

PC260001.jpg

1st ever shave with a Valet and what a surprise it was!
The model i have is a British Made VC3 and needs to use the Feather FHS-10, i have to admit, i thought the blade was going to be poor from reading previous reviews, although i decided to chance it and bought a pack.
I had a very nice lather from the JR #291 and Proraso Red (although i am growing tired of the soap now - not long to go though)
I completed 3 very nice passes, the razor was really smooth, mild even. I like it and it seems to suit my technique. The blade was good for now so i will run with it for a few days to see how many shaves i can get.
DFS+ result feeling & smelling good.
A very happy shaver, i hope the USA - VC1 on route is as good.
If i can get 3 or 4 shaves from a blade i will be happy with that as it will not be a daily driver.
Have a great day All.

PS Check out my Christmas PIF, it has been moved to BST, it will be drawn on New years Eve.

Last edited:
27/12/19

Razor: Supply V1 #2
Blade: Personna PTFE (7)
Brush: Oumo SHD Manchuria
Soap: TOBS Peppermint
Pre: Proraso Green
ASL: Proraso Green
ASB: Proraso Green

IMG_20191227_092404.jpg

A menthol and peppermint shave to help offset the cold I currently have. I'm also planning to use every one of my creams between now and the end of January. First up is TOBS Peppermint.

#sotd Dec 27 - the wise men are lagging behind

Prep: warm water and pre-lather from the blooming soap
Soap: Balatoni Tömjén és Mirrha (Frankincense & Myrrh) - another ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Hungarian small batch artisan soap, this is more like an Italian style croap
Brush: RazorMaster, Finnland - a branded Semogue 1800 boar with LE painted black wood handle
Razor: Rugra #100 (4/8 half hollow)
_20191227_110423.JPG

Very smooth two pass BBS. The razor still holds the factory edge from seventy years ago with stropping only for a month of use now. Incredibly comfortable shave and an absolutely pious fragrance.

Date:- 27 December 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Barbershop
Razor/Blade:- Muhle R89 attached to iKon Bulldog / Wizamet Super Iridium #3
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Friday 27th December
Zenith 506U Synthetic - Signature Soaps Hibernia - Pal Injectomatic - Personna #4 - Alum - Brut Attraction Totale A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
uOSVzUM.jpg

My shaving soundtrack for the past few weeks has been the BBC Radio 4 production of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Each episode lasts about 30 mins and is a great accompaniment to the shave. I'm now currently listening to the Tertiary Phase:
z5vI95b.jpg

Don't Panic!!!

Back
Top Bottom